Rock music is bad because it's only made by white people

>rock music is bad because it's only made by white people
>the race of the musicians has any bearing on the quality on the music whatsoever
why is this kind of thought allowed? and furthermore, how the hell has it gained so much traction? it seems like it's difficult to have a discussion about music today without bringing race issues into it.

are people really so musically illiterate that they have to resort to social issues when speaking critically about it? is this pitchfork's fault?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that's really not what the article was about

it was pretty retarded but it was more about how scenes are defined socially and is that a good thing or not

It's the stinky brown-o's fault

>why is this kind of thought allowed?
because idiots like you talk about it

most people didn't read it and were just reacting to the headline I'd wager

Rate my black metal album cover, Sup Forums.

yeah, she's an indie fan, she just hates always being the only brown person at an indie gig
i can understand that shit would make me feel uncomfortable

suggesting that social context and issues have no place in music criticism is some ignant shit fucking hell why do I still come here

i wasn't necessarily talking about the article. i was just talking about the general mindset.

There have been several instances on this board and IRL where i've been talking about rock music and somebody shits on it because "it's just a bunch of straight white dudes making music"

not to mention that rock music is completely dead in the world of popular music, and the style of music that replaced it is predominantly made by POC. Is that a coincidence? or is it the public's growing distain for white musicians?

>tfw only black person at a dg concert besides ride and the security guards

>not to mention that rock music is completely dead in the world of popular music
are you retarded?
AM has a song with 400M views
youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
how is rock music dead ?

if you say that you dislike music because of the race of the people making it, then you have absolutely no right to be speaking intellectually about music.

>There have been several instances on this board and IRL where i've been talking about rock music and somebody shits on it because "it's just a bunch of straight white dudes making music"
Maybe you shouldn't talk to a bunch of dumb queers.

shes honestly pretty cute desu
id make her a playlist of modern rock made by minorities and try desperately to get it in

people overcompensate yeah
but in a lot of contexts this is a good approach, minorities should be given a bigger voice because it's harder to be heard
but some people get it a bit twisted

You talk to niggers

trolled

* also, no i don't think the public at large have a disdain for white people, but some in the media think it's their job to remind white people they have privilege
not sure if this is a good thing or not because other less intelligent writers think you can do that by just saying some random shit about white people
it might not matter because only really stupid people are annoyed by it, but there are a lot of stupid people

ffs have some self respect.

youre asking to much for a website like this

The main reason is that music was mainly pioneered by white people and now it's okay to be racist towards white people but not okay to be racist towards any other orientation

its a good and bad thing. but lots of these writers especially the female ones. make these articles personal instead of saying "rich white people are fucking over everyone including poor white people". they make it personal and say white people are doing x. when most likely its to get back at a friend or boyfriend of theirs that treated them badly.

too bad Sup Forumstards confuse the latter and take it as a personal attack on them.

music existed before humans left africa
white people developed it later but they did it using ideas that came from greece and arabia

but you don't care really do you

I wonder how she smells...

>music was mainly pioneered by white people
but black people are responsible for blues, jazz, bluegrass, rock, techno, and hip hop
>now it's okay to be racist towards white people but not okay to be racist towards any other orientation
i agree with this

i think other people are telling them it's about them, you know what i mean

Yeah it's all cool to invent the wheel but when another person invents the tyre, engine, chassis, and everything else on an automobile nobody gives a fuck about your wheel any more

yeah true. sad ppl get tricked

except plenty of nonwhites contributed to the evolution of modern music despite the occasional systematic oppression

>minorities should be given a bigger voice because it's harder to be heard
i agree that they should be given a BIG voice, but when you say a BIGGER voice, you run into a lot of problems. If minorities have a bigger voice than anyone else, then that throws everything out of balance. Instead of reaching the social equality that SJWs are always fighting for, suddenly minorities have more power than everyone else.

It's like you said. there's too much overcompensation

i do agree with you even though you said sjw
i think if anything it should be somewhere between proportionate and equal
i was thinking [bigger than they are] anyway

>>rock music is bad because it's only made by white people
name 20 people that have unironically said this

a car with no wheels, that would really be a thing, huh

>rock is only made by white people
Objectively false. As fucking stupid as saying only black people make hip hop or that jazz is now a hispanic and asian genre.

Yeah white people made the wheel too lOL

ok go and listen to a wheel then

>muh strawmen and retarded ad hominem conclusions
go back to your tedious """""counter-culture"""" war

it's probably because i go to a liberal arts school, but this is a conversation that i get into on a fairly regular basis.

i'm always too cautious to contest what they say because saying anything that could potentially be misconstrued as being hostile towards minorities will throw these people into a tirade

i'm not sure what you're trying to say here

bump

she's a cutie

no

didn't someone find her last.fm and it was full of white boy indie rock?

Hope its julliard or good luck in Starbucks okkid.jpg

>Hope its julliard or good luck in Starbucks okkid.jpg
what did he mean by this?

I mean I hope you haven't wasted 10 years of your life

>afraid retards will call you racist if you disagree
cuck

ah. no it's not juliard. just a small Cal State school. I'll be graduating in 4 years though. and i plan on doing a grad school program

Good luck, hope it's worth it, just keep your head down and study.

The guys being civil in conversation, calm down

i'm not quick-witted enough to be able to hold my own in a heated political argument IRL. I usually know what to say, but only after i have a minute or two to get my thoughts in order. If i have to think on my feet i always just end up sounding like an idiot.

it's pretty frustrating desu, but i know better than to put myself in those situations.

>Good luck, hope it's worth it, just keep your head down and study.
thanks user

>There have been several instances on this board and IRL where i've been talking about rock music and somebody shits on it because "it's just a bunch of straight white dudes making music"
I have NEVER ran into someone with this insane line of thinking. You must be interacting with schizos or otherwise warped people.

He's trolling you man, its a "zero sum game" in those situations, "political debates" are completely pointless away from a policy forum. From alot of the YouTube coverage of the elections in the USA members of the left and right would stand outside a place of interest and just shout pre formulated arguments at each other, it archives nothing what were they hoping to do? Change the others mind

nobody ever shits on rock music in general on Sup Forums, you're literally making shit up. The rest of your argument doesn't form any sort of logical conclusion, it's just tinfoil conspiracies and playing the race card where it doesn't apply. The internet war that Sup Forums fights is a (at best) hyper-real charade that doesn't amount to anything in particular in the long run, just bitter people that shit up online culture and write a ridiculous political thesis.

Good

>you're literally making shit up
but i'm not. as i said before, i've had this conversation a handful of times before.

>what were they hoping to do? Change the others mind
yeah you're right. people are already so set in their social/political beliefs, that changing their mind in an argument would be damn near impossible

I do not believe you've talked to ppl who called rock music a bunch of white dudes seriously
i go to a queer infested college and only ppl who say that are literally high off their mind trolling to piss off their white boyfriends for dumping them.

>I do not believe you
okay. idk what else to say.

i wish i was lying

>changing their mind in an argument is near impossible.

It IS impossible so the puersuit of public argument is their fire pointless, your a smart kid just focus on studying

>just focus on studying
will do inspirational user. i feel like i just got a pep talk from my coach