Hello, I'm new to Sup Forums, and I wanna get into Jazz, what should I look at for the beginning?

Hello, I'm new to Sup Forums, and I wanna get into Jazz, what should I look at for the beginning?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8TdgrXhFk
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY&t=1238s&index=12&list=FLCy7_ikMuZ6XZ7DlMeV-tmw
youtube.com/watch?v=__OSyznVDOY&ab_channel=mohammertime
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

trout mask replica

that movie sukkd

Herbie Hancock, he redeemed the genre.

yeah it felt like an inverse interstellar, really mediocre except for the ending

literal plebs
stick to music kiddos.

>dude u dont get it the themes are deep and le surreal

It pissed me off how upfront and unambiguous the aliens were, it's just like

BOOM IM A FUCKING SQUID MAN, ALL ALIENS ARE SQUIDS HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

Lel I just watched that movie
It was pretty good

Nah it was good.

The part with Chinese general was fucking stupid and made no sense

Way to derail your own thread OP

BRO SHE SPOKE CHINESE AND WHAT HIS DYING WIFE SAID SO HE CAME TO AMERICA

yeah the movie had potential and came out pretty good when it could have been movie of the decade material.

Seriously.

It was way better than interstellar, pleb.

DELETE YOURSELF

I wouldn't expect a primitive linear time species to get it.

everyone ive talked to who disliked it has been an utter retard

start with some entry level jazz funk

youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8TdgrXhFk

It's the ultimate pleb filter. The way the narrative works is confusing to normies.

i believe the greeks would be a great start

when did i say it wasn't? interstellar was a good movie plagued with a shitty ending and themes

>thinking that babby's first artsy non-narrative movie is a pleb filter
black kettle pot etc.

>tfw Abbott is death process

That pissed me off too, this super advanced race that can see the future, alter gravity and all that shit can reinforce their fucking viewing screen to survive a minor blast.

Humans could do this 100 years ago but they can't? this fucking squid just gets killed.

Search for the best bop and hard bop albums. But no post bop quite yet, because it is kinda weird for a begginer.
Listen to Soul Station. Good and accesible.
Actually excellent rec.

good argument

Art Blakey

Miles Davis-Bitches Brew
John Coltrane-Blue Train
Charles Mingus-Mingus Ah Um
Charlie Parker-The Savoy and Dial Sessions
Buddy Rich-The Roar of '74

Enjoy the goodness.

Most people will recommend classics and while they are good, they aren't as relatable imho. I suggest you start with modern stuff and then go back. Modern jazz is really fucking good and much easier to get into, you will also have a better appreciation and understanding for the classics.

Try Black Radio 1 and 2 from Glasper, it's fucking great. Hiromi Uehara(literally any album, they're all godly, if you're into latin then her album with Chick Corea is surreal) if you're into music focused on piano, she plays like an angel, she's mai waifu. Brad Mehldau is also an amazing pianist and his latest suff is unbelievably good, especially his album with Guilliana, Taming the Dragon. His other stuff is also great, the latest album with Chris Thile is very interesting. Christian Scott is a great trumpet player, I get a very nice Miles Davis vibe from him, start with Rewind That. Mathias Eick (Skala is my favourite album by him) is another great trumpet player, his stuff is more melodic and chilled out though while Christian is more of a jazz-rock kind of musician.

Otherwise if you want to go the classics first route then mostly what other anons suggested is good. John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Charlie Parker, Bill Evans are some of the most important jazz musicians but there's tons more.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY&t=1238s&index=12&list=FLCy7_ikMuZ6XZ7DlMeV-tmw
You cal listen to the greats all day, Davis, Coltrane, Brecker. Marsalis, but sometimes you have to go deeper. Jazz is awesome, I got hooked after I started to play saxophone. Have fun.

If you like hip hop check out bad bad not good

THIS MAN!
IS SPEAKING...

...THE GOSPEL!

SEE THIS GUIDE RIGHT NOW.

>recommend starting with modern jazz
>doesn't even recommend good modern jazz artists

>sometimes you have to go deeeper
>posts the most basic rym bitch obscure jazz album ever

Someone I know who dislike it, their favourite movie is "Ten Things I Hate About You"

I personally dabbled initially with 50's jazz but went backwards in time and ended up with swing and Dixieland jazz. It's what I regularly listen to now.

youtube.com/watch?v=__OSyznVDOY&ab_channel=mohammertime
Charles mingus - Moanin

Listen to this shit plebboi

>sometimes you have to go deeper
>posts this
hey at least you didn't post Cowboy Bebop OST

Tank is tight tho

>Has a waifu