Band Breakup

Hey Sup Forums

Long story short, my band broke up. I'm absolutely devastated and don't know what to do. It's the most I ever put into a band and it's all gone. The musicians in my area are mere beginners so I can't start a new band here.

What do I do? Move or just play the waiting game and hope something comes along?

Can provide more details about anything you wanna know. What the band was, what am I now looking for, etc. etc.

Pic related. It me.

Your band probably wasn't that good anyway.
Pop-Punk stopped being good years ago.

that sucks. what kind of music did you play. did you just want to be in a band, or were you in it for the music (i know this sounds silly). is there any reason why you cant learn the instruments yourself and record all the stuff solo?

also, yr cute

Why did you guys break up? It's probably not even that serious

Shocker, we didn't even play Pop Punk haha.

>What kind of music did you play?
The best I could describe it would be heavy rock? We had some tapping stuff in one song (both guitarist and bass), we had a song that was really synth heavy, had some psychedelia influences on it as well. It's really hard to put it in a genre.

If anything? Prob. Prog/Alternative(?)

>Band / Music?
I was in it for the music. I developed a strong attachment to it and was all I did and focused on. The bandmates were also some of the best people I could work with, until... y'know.

>Solo?
Hell no. The bassist/singer had some VERY complex bass parts and I could not in the slightest bit emulate. Guitarist played mostly solo lead stuff, so that's also a no go. I can play all the drum parts though!

>Op Cute?
Thank ya. I appreciate the compliment.

Instead of trying to explain it, I'll give you what the singer/bassist said:

Upon a great deal of consideration and meditation, it is with a heavy heart that I must say, I am leaving this band. Know that I still passionately care about both of you, and I still believe in both of your talents immensely.
Love,
-[Name]

is there any reason why you cant learn these things over time?

We can make a new band qt ;^)

Well anyone could learn anything over time. The amount of time it would take to learn the parts and at my skill level would not be doable for anything soon. It would take me years to be able to play all the parts and put them together.

What kind of band are you thinking about? Because if it involves the skin flute... I'm totally in.

put an add in the paper, hold tryouts and auditions, you go actively search a band that needs a drummer.

>prog/alternative

yup shit you attention whore

I was thinking of some two drummer meme shit but that sounds pretty good too

Hopefully that all works out. Most musicians in my area are 40's country or 80's, 90's cover bands

Again, I couldn't really put my finger on the genre (as much as I hate to say that), yet to each their own really. I enjoyed the music we made.

literally nothing wrong with those genres if melded nicely and if the prog attribution is not all wank-shit

>hey Sup Forums my shitty indie rock band broke up, not like that's ever happened before or anything
why did you breka up

Be prepared to play in a band with a (very) different style (like most of the musicians I know); and in this way you can also expand your techniques, learn new stuff, etc.

and, yeah top qt.

Bassist/Singer left, guitarist and I agreed we couldn't continue the material because no one in our area or close could replicate his parts and keep the same feel to the songs.

>Shitty Indie Rock Band
I wouldn't say Indie if I assume you're going off of the outfit. I just like that t-shirt.

Yeah, I've played in several shittier bands than this (examples)
-Church Bands (I really don't enjoy these)
-The Strokes heavily inspired band (Never got shit done)
-Metalcore wannabe's (seriously, worse decision I made)
-Indie Pop band (it was alright but again, shit didn't get done)
-This band (got shit done, was close to start gigging, and then broke)

>Top qt
God damn it

what do you listen to ?

also the way i see it you should just keep going since from what you said you seem to be on good terms with the guitarist just get a new bassist and turn the band around into another project instead of getting a whole new bunch of people and trying to start something new with a whole new bunch of people

On a regular basis I listen to post-hardcore music or alternative, but I'll listen to anything as long as it gives me a good vibe.

>New project w/ Guitarist
I've actually thought about that since him and I have been through both The Strokes/Indie Pop/This band. I want to start a new band with him because he is a fantastic guy, but I'm thinking of going in a new direction that would turn him off.

name the bands you listen to

Dance Gavin Dance
Being As An Ocean
The Plot In You
My Chemical Romance
Panic! At The Disco
Owl City (their older stuff)
The Strokes
Red Hot Chili Peppers
'68
Jack White
Lorde
Lapfox Trax
In love with a ghost
Polyphia
Tyler, The Creator
Modest Mouse
Cage The Elephant
Artifex Pereo
Saosin
Erra
I Set My Friends On Fire
Two Door Cinema Club
Beartooth
Iwresltedabearonce

That's as much as I can think of

sweet jesus fuck abandon thread

>Pic related. It me.
D R O P P E D

It wasn't a waste of time if you were the one who contributed the material for the band. Practice is good, and you should have a decent amount of songs under your belt now. If you didn't, then you leached off of someone else's talent and they're better off without you.

Thanks for the positivity!

???

This assumes that they wrote songs.

I definitely did learn some new things. I helped write lyrics to one song, helped write guitar for another, wrote some decently good drum parts as well that were pretty different than what I was use to, as well as playing synth+drums. I can safely assume that I know if the band will be good from the day I start.

I trusted you

Hey, I enjoy these bands. Give me some more to enjoy if you'd like. Could never hurt to expand my music library.

Mate, it needs to get to the point where you bring fully formed songs or demos to practice. Next time, learn how to write songs before you start a band. The best way to learn is by roughly figuring out songs you like by ear, and also by tuning your instruments by ear. Have a notebook full of writings which you can use as lyrics so that when you write a catchy melody you can remember it better. Finally, don't make too many demo recordings. If you can't recall the song idea then it in all likelihood wasn't good, and you'll need to practice writing new ones that do stick in your mind. Use the wikia to discover better music.

No it won't. Just be lo-fi and do the best you can do. Music that's honest and human is some of the best.

dude your taste in music is really really really really shit !!! drop everything and listen to actual music first, this is Sup Forums for fuck sake that list is not fucking acceptable not even one band there is fucking good so stop playing music until you know what music actually sounds like if not you’re just contributing to all the mainstream pop bullshit i mean for suck sake man for fuck sake !!!!!!!!!!!

1. go back to r eddit nobody cares about your blogposting
2. if you really want to write music do it yourself
3. fuck off and sudoku

Damn, kid. The only band that you listed that I think is good is Jack White...my god that Sesame Street 45 he did needs to die. It was...so bad. I'm sure you will find a new other half of band. I know it seems hopeless, but hang in there. My band kicked me out at one point and I started it. That's how much of a loser I am. At least you aren't THAT much of a loser :) BTW the bassist said he "meditated" on it. Think about this: Does that sound like something that should crawl out of a bassists' mouth? That's some new age hippy crap reserved for drum circles.

Nigger you said you were prog alternative, this is all indie pop bullshit.

>Bring fully formed songs or demos to practice
I was the drummer of the band.

>Learn how to write songs
I know the basic layouts of song writing and chordal structures, but again, I was the drummer

>Writing melody w/ lyrics
Again, drummer

>Don't make too many demo recordings
We recorded maybe two of each song on a phone. Made 2 demos on a mixer in two days before the band died.

>Can't recall the song idea
Most of the ideas that I made up on the kit I can recall easily, as well as the guitar part I made.

I didn't main in writing the guitar parts, I just brought guitar parts that I liked to the band and they decided if they wanted to keep it, same goes with the lyrics. I mained drums+pads.

Who gives a shit if your a drummer? Learn piano or guitar to a decent degree and stop being a giant bitch. You clearly didn't even write good shit so stop pretending like your the core focus of your shitty emo lite band.

Saged for blogposting

>Mainstream pop bullshit
I don't ever recall The Plot In You or Being As An Ocean mainstream pop bullshit or even Polyphia. But please tell me what you do listen to.

1.) I don't even like reddit
2.) I do write some stuff on the side. It's not good but it's getting better.
3.) Yeh, prob will

Thanks for the positivity, and yeah, the bassist was a real hippie esque person.

I said the band was prog/alternative. Polyphia is considered Prog Metal and My Chem. is considered alternative.

Currently working on that, both the giant bitch and the learning piano/guitar. I'm not saying I'm the core focus of whatever band it was, I'm saying I contributed more than what shit I was doing before in the other crap bands I was in.

Step one: get into garage psych...maybe even weird surf music
Step two: make something cool.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Will definitely try it out.