Wizards use dark magic to kill people

>Wizards use dark magic to kill people
>instead of letting people defend themselves, the Ministry of Magic bans dark magic
Why thou? A lot of Harry's problems could have been solved if he Kadabra'd the shit out of his enemies. Fuck, Cedric could still be alive if he knew the killing curse.

i can tell your american.

Is this a thinly veiled gun control argument? Also a major plot point dealt with the corruption of the ministry baka

>implying cedric would be able to do jackshit against supreme dark lord Voldi.
>implying harry would have in him to properly cast abra ca dabra

I can tell you're a cuck.

Except they could, they carried their wand with them all of the time. They just didn't want to use those curses.It's more like a gun with a safety on it then gun control.

Magic aren't like guns.

To do things like a killing curse you have to let hateful and genocidal thoughts consume you.
It's not something anyone can do by just saying the right phrase.

And encouraging people to have the kind of mindset for killing curses to be used isn't preferable.

Every wizard should have a pistol though.

>the last harry potter movie leaves theaters
>think to myself, "its finally over. I'll never have to hear about or see this shit again."

They shouldn't ban dark magic, they should ban wands. Without wands, criminals won't be able to use magic to kill!

>this is what wand-control cucks actually believe

Are there such things as magic guns in the harry potter universe?

And are wizard immune to bullets?

>if he Kadabra'd the shit out of his enemies

It is emphasized in the books and even the movies several times that uttering the prase is not enough. You have to mean it. Harry cast the torture curse on Dominatrix Strange in rage after she killed Sirius, and she only fell to the ground and laughed because even in his rage he didn't truly have it in him.

>You thought one of the highest grossing movies of all time would be over after the last movie
Idiot

>To do things like a killing curse you have to let hateful and genocidal thoughts consume you.
you only have to say the words

SHALL NOT

VIRAL MARKETING

read this
|
V

Why? Well its because Harry potter is one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

What is it with all these Harry Potter threads today?

>muh AR-15 Kedabralashnikov spell is protected by muh 2 amendment

what's with all these harry potter threads? what happened?

back to your /lit/rine

BAN ASSUALT WANDS

again, this is a fictional world where school children bring multi-purpose swiss-army knife assault weapons to school, so they can learn how to use them in a wider variety of circumstances

the core concept of the story makes no sense

He could had rektd the basilisk with a single spell

>Magic aren't like guns.
>To do things like a killing curse you have to let hateful and genocidal thoughts consume you.
Sounds exactly like shooting a gun desu

Regular wizard can kill just fine. They teach fucking explosion spells in school. They just don't teach the one spell that has no other purpose than to kill.

I bet they use Avada Kedavra to hunt with at the slav school, though.

Hey /lit/ have your parents commited suicide yet or do they still have hope you drop out and become a doctor instead?
p.s: NO, I don't want fries with that

Did Snape really want to kill Dumbledore then?

Yes. To spare Draco.

He wanted to kill him to spare Draco and also to cement his standing with Voldemort that he was loyal. Dumbledore even asks him to be the one to kill him.

Snape has plenty of hatred in him as well. He hated James Potter pretty intensely and he even hates Harry somewhat because he reminds him so much of James.

I also forgot to add that he has incredible hatred for Voldemort because he killed Lilly.

you're getting it wrong, snape was hateful so he was able to preform the curse
potter wasn't hateful
the end

If you were in a life or death situation against something none of your other spells could put a dent in, would they still lock you up for using the death spell in self defense?

This is assuming it works on things other than humans.

I can tell your mother is also your aunt.

Specially after all of WB's attempts to replace it have failed utterly.

the argument for pro guns is self defense, if some nutjob tries to kill you you can fight back

while with a killing curse he would try to kill and you couldnt use it against him

basicly with guns anyone can use them, killing curses only the crazy ones can

They're extremely powerful spells that aren't supposed to be abused, ffs

No, because a gun's efficiency isn't fueled by your capacity for hatred. A gun shot by a peaceful person can be just as devastating as one shot by a violent person, unlike the killing curse.

New sequels. The ride never ends.

Marketing

do we have constant titanic threads?

No, only shit that autistic people grew up to is constantly spammed on Sup Forums.

Well I'm off to shadbase

Well, look at Avatar

Stop, it's too dangerous!

but muggle countries have 0 wand crime, obviously wand control works.

>your

>extreme heat

goddamn I wish that nigga would learn to draw.