/daily/ - "so many tourneys" edition

!

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/royal_court_music_of_thailand/
soundcloud.com/ii_am_delio_ii/well
youtube.com/watch?v=1atrDeCh2cM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for bepis n shit taste

subtel...

3rd for pigs

I'm glad you liked these, nkc! just hmu andI I will provide FLAC ASAP

4th for 0:

awesome! most are on spotify, but i'll tell ya if i can't find one.

Damn you....

:0 it is after all.....

made a new OP image for next round

what does daily think of franz ferdinand?

p good

poor boy got shot smhsmh

yeah, started ww1 n sheit

Do you actually think posts like these constitute contributing? That wasn't even 2 words dude.

does it matter

everything is connected, everything matters

Mama Mia!

so what I'm getting out of this is that furries started world war 1

more importantly does it djent?

tfw don't feel like listening to anything/watching anything/talking to anyone/playing any video games/reading but at the same time crave some form of entertainment

true

yes

TOURNEYS ARE FUN THO NIGGA

What is yo favorite movie and favorite album. In depth questioning, i know

desu

good job pom

play with your dick or equivalent organ

drawing or masturbation

dead man, ys

forgot the trip my guy

lewd
also i am a terrible artist

Make a /daily/ hunger games and watch trips/musicians you don't like die in embarrassing ways

have we never done this?

that would be fun but wouldn't this get moved to trash or some shit

People in these threads have admitted to being underage multiple times and nothing happens, I doubt anyone really cares

i don't think mods monitor these threads
/trash/ is too good for us anyways

hmmm...

Aside from a couple of albums that were outside my wheelhouse, this was a pretty great chart!

Anthony Shake Shakir - Frictionalism
>Detroit Techno, Deep House

I've kind of been on a roll as far as longer albums go, with the Screw, Manhattan Research and Pelt recently. This isn't quite as long, clocking in at about an hour and a half, but it’s still longer than I’m used to. Anyway, the tracks on here are all a bit on the long side too but they're all great. The whole album has a techno vibe, with the rapid drum breaks and all. What separates it from most techno I’ve heard is the sampling. There’s more wavy synths and such bouncing in the background, giving this a very happy, upbeat vibe. It’s kind of a meld between what I’ve heard from house and techno, which was a surprisingly efficient combo.

I’m not sure how to write about electronic music but this was damn entertaining, some of the happiest danceable beats I’ve heard. Good shit all around.

3.5/5

I really like them, but I havent listened in a very long time

what the fuck

Who here /happyasheck/ rn?

haha not me

>happy a sheck
DEFNITILY not me

why not? Have you tried making a chart of 100 albums and not listening to any of them?

no time 2 many dj screw tapes

man screw tapes

cool sentence very confusing

>man screw
no thank you

Nyar, where ever you are
Here's my rec for the tourney

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/royal_court_music_of_thailand/

I can upload it later if you need

cum

le

Music is ok

do y'all really have nothing to say or be doing?

thanks friend
>I can upload it later if you need
that would be massively helpful, you're the best

Green Day - Dookie (1994)
>pop punk, punk rock

Pretty decently enjoyable album. The singles are really the only memorable tracks, but I'll be damned if "Longview" and "When I Come Around" aren't some of the most enjoyable pop tracks of the '90s. They're super poppy, but they've got some attitude and a genuinely punk sound, and the balance between pop and punk is done well. The non-single tracks are really damn forgettable, though. They're never bad, but all of them are interchangeable, there's nothing that distinguishes one from the other and the songwriting is pretty weak. Not a great album by any stretch of the imagination, but a fun listen.

2.0+

so do you guys actually discuss new music or.... ?

it varies by day. things seem to be on the slow side rn.

fixed to include metal + more albums. where to start though...

I'm gonna do my best to start using Sup Forums...
I make beats, here's one of them

soundcloud.com/ii_am_delio_ii/well

if y'all wanna contact me through twitter then:

Twitter: @Audeiio

:)

>Pretty decently enjoyable album.
Agreed. I would disagree that all the single songs are good though. "Basket Case" doesn't really do it for me. I really still like F.O.D and She to this day. 13-year old fish won't die.

If you want a darker dookie (hue) you should try out Insomniac. And though it's mostly shit, I think American Idiot is worth at least one listen, if not only for Jesus of Suburbia, which imo is one crowning achievement of an otherwise bad/mediocre band.

if someone listens to newer music they might talk about it.

:D

I listened to insomniac a while back, I love brain stew but the rest doesn't do much for me. and I'll give American Idiot a listen soon, the title track was so omnipresent when I was little I feel like I have to.

I started this today while waiting for tourney recs. elliott smith was wonderful. I feel like a lot of good stuff probably slipped under my radar, i'm sure it's a grower. green for now. the opener is lovely.

carrie and lowell is overflowing with sad but I like it. a lot.

start with ocean songs

whatever is new to us. naturally, we talk about new things sometimes. I made pic related because I wanted to hear all of these and the jens lekman is coming out in a few days so i'll talk about it then.

I feel like you probably won't have the 100% impact of E. Smith unless you hear him in your formative teenage years. If you want a more raw, simplified sound I'd recommend his earlier stuff and for a more orchestrated version with higher production I'd recommend anything after. Either/Or is a great starter album for anyone wanting to get into him. And Elliott Smith was the first thing I thought of when I first heard Carrie And Lowell. That album is surprisingly consistent.

Who is your musicfu, /daily/?

Also, I just found out a track on there is named after the city I live in now, giving me a lot to think about when I hear it.

pic

pom, Tuco, Good Friend Rodrigo, Letov and Rudi all recc me

Letov, goddamn. that was a trip

>playing music on my roommates computer when he's gone because he has better speakers
>he gets the scrobbles instead of me
wtf why am I getting musically cuccked??

also drinking rn and why are only the first and last tracks on this is happening the good ones

Very good.

Grazhdanskaya Oborona - Zdorovo i Vechno

youtube.com/watch?v=1atrDeCh2cM

>Hey [Fish's real name], you like music right? I have six hours of "Fishmans" in my music and I have no idea what it is.

post reasons to live

Because life is all we have

you haven't heard your favorite album yet

music! friends!! gf!

i mean you COULD also have death

This

We live in the memeiest period of human history, you don't want to miss out.

reproduction

>i mean you COULD also have death
hmm really activates my almonds

literally the only good one!! the next doge could come tomorrwo ya knever know!

>wanting kids
pfff

Updated Yank Crime to a 4 because that album is awesome.

Also listened to Forca Bruta finally. I have to say, it's really easy listening and very enjoyable, but I don't know why everyone loves it so much.
I'm not well versed in samba, so I don't know if it's spectacular for that genre though for sure the arrangements are real lush.

What do I listen to next?

>album

oof
ultimate pleb filter

Comus

Mercury Rev
(Boces is better btw)

:0

great chart

I'm eager to here your opinions on Tsumanne. I feel like that album should be more polarizing than it is

i bet you haven't given life a good shot yet

>boces is better
hmmm

yeah do mercury rev tho, and make sure you listen to it loud

Will do after mercury meme

I'lllll be the judge of that sir

I might be a bit biased towards Boces a bit because I heard it first. They're both incredible though.

>a bit biased towards Boces a bit

Besides that, why do you think Boces is better?

i mean, meth of a rockette's kick and something for joey are undeniable.

While it might be a bit less consistently good than Yerself, Boces' highs are SO much higher than Yerself's highs. Meth of a Rockette's Kick is up there with my favorite all time tracks, and is much better than Chasing a Bee as an opener. Also, Something For Joey... 'nuff said.

He beat me to it

Interesting I'm not sure where I stand on the whole consistency versus stand out tracks debate, but I think I lean more towards consistency.
I'll just have to see. I'm enjoying Yerself Is Steam so far though.

who wants to fukking duie!!!!!!!!!11

just listened to Thousand Knives, not sure what I think of it yet

>Snowflakes are Dancing
just really lovely
yep

>New Age of Earth
twas ok

going to bed

>oh hey bro you mind if we sit... OOHHHHHhhhh FUCK DUDE! Is that a fucking Sansa Clip with a custom Rockbox firmware and a Sennheiser HD 569?! No way, brah! That's fucking scandatious bombatious, my man. I just got a 64 gig microSD in my little beast, absolutely no stalls listening to FLAC, brah. BRO! what album do I har there? Hang on let me look, bro. Oh okay, bro, okay bro, Penderecki's Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima is pretty gnarly but, ya know, I'm more of a Xenharmonism kind of guy. Anyway, dude, my squad and I need to fly so catch ya on the flip sigh, bro.

wew

nice thumbnail bruh

I had a nice high going for myself while i was listening to music. Out of nowhere my roommate bursts through the door drunk as fuck and almost immediately throws up all over his bed and the floor. Have to clean up his shit while he throws up in the shower.
>Music for this feel

I never post here but I've been wanting to recommend this album for some time so I might as well do it.
Amber Arcades - Fading Lines,
I love the dream/indie pop-feel and her dreamy vocals.

You have so many good picks in that minimalism row

Why only a five for Different Trains / Electric Counterpoint? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it, I love it.