When will you fags realize that Kurt Cobain was not the last rockstar? The last true rockstar was Marilyn Manson...

When will you fags realize that Kurt Cobain was not the last rockstar? The last true rockstar was Marilyn Manson. Stop making the same shit thread every day whining about how rock has been 100% dead since the day Cobain seppukued.

>manson wasn't murdered

>bowie wasn't murdered

>David Bowie did not know he was recording Blackstar while dying of cancer

This, he knew too much and was murdered for undermining the pedophile elites. The current Manson is a fat imposter

>lou Reed wasn't murdered

>manson
>not a try hard
>rockstar
pick one

They say hell's not hot, but it can't be much colder than the Pro-Tooled purgatory encapsulated within Marilyn Manson's Eat Me, Drink Me. Eleven tracks of what Manson has repeatedly claimed to be his "most personal work," the album is a stunningly lackluster, impersonal anti-work, even more so than the Weimar-inspired sex and art anthems that metastasized to form the malignant The Golden Age of Grotesque (2003). To carry that awkward metaphor one step further, Eat Me, Drink Me could be the most benign music recorded since the Carpenters released a Christmas album in '78.

The problem is one of authenticity. Throughout his career, Manson has been appropriating the work and sounds of others, reconfiguring them through his glam-choked goth filter of taboo-baiting and self-mythification: Alice Cooper served as the stencil for the early albums, Broken-era Trent Reznor for the Antichrist Superstar breakthrough, and, most important, David Bowie cast the shadow for the Mechanical Animals coke-cold masterwork, with a bit of John Lennon and Prince peppered throughout Holywood and The Golden Age, respectively. Always a more captivating interviewee and sound-bite generator than a musician, Manson's never developed a bedrock for his own noise, focusing more on the Cliff's Notes Artaud 'n' roll that used to scare your mom rather than developing his own musical foundations. This posed quite the problem, then, when Manson decided to use "Marilyn Manson" as the template for Eat Me, Drink Me, both sonically and thematically -- forcing Manson to spend the album Dahmering the turgid, photocopied music of his own earlier discs off of the bone, with his warbly, nasal moan meandering through the maelsturm and drangs that haunt the disc, like the tepid "Tourniquet" rewrite "They Said That Hell's Not Hot," or the pre-chewed ghost of Holywood's slickly industrial second half that stains nearly everything else.

I'm a huge Manson fan but I can't deny that he's a fat ugly clown-looking faggot now. At least Pale Emperor was good, let's hope his new album keeps going in the right direction.

At first, one might even take this as an arch, Warholian parody -- Manson is, after all, an artiste -- but even as parody, the songs fall flat. Beneath the plodding, slur-drunk grind of the music are lyrics like, "If I was your vampire/ Certain as the moon/ We'll have each other/ Until the sun," or, even better, this snippet from the Manson-rocker-by-numbers "Putting Holes in Happiness": "Blow out the candles/ On all my Frankensteins/ At least my death wish will come true." Perfect as those lyrics may be for the back of a Hot Topic T-shirt, paint the portrait of a man lost in his own plastic, inconsequential wilderness. Unlike Bowie, Manson is either unable or unwilling to destroy his fallen-alien persona -- had this album been performed by Brian Warner instead of "Marilyn Manson," he might have created something half as important as his own self image. Instead, Eat Me, Drink Me is a desperately cynical (or maybe Manson really is having a laugh and it's the other way around, but I doubt it) stumble toward meaning by a performer who has always defined his silhouette by the music and society that was outside of it.

And now that the music's over and the crowd has dispersed, it's easy to see that there is simply nothing there.

I pick manson
All rockstars are tryhards.

>predicted his own rise and fall accurately
>a try hard

>>predicted his own rise and fall accurately
wut

rockstar can be tryhards. mansons still not a rockstar

he didnt "fall" that would actually be cool. he faded from obscurity. if he ODed in 2004 he would be a rockstar. but hes not, and never was

His second album, Antichrist Superstar, predicted his career of him rising as a symbol of antithesis to society and falling. Then his third album, Mechanical Animals, was about him becoming an emotionless distant product which the media made him out to be.

Did you not see my other replies in this thread? Like I stated, David Bowie and Lou Reed didn't kill themselves or die anywhere near their prime yet they were both influential rock musicians who made good music. Same thing with Bob Dylan, McJagger, and many others. Just because Morrison did it, doesn't mean everyone has to.

>His second album, Antichrist Superstar, predicted his career of him rising as a symbol of antithesis to society and falling. Then his third album, Mechanical Animals, was about him becoming an emotionless distant product which the media made him out to be.
They're both just David Bowie rip offs.

You can't prove that, you clearly haven't even listened to them.

the thing about rock stars is that they are COOL. jimmy page was cool, lou reed was cool, mcjagger was cool, manson has never been anything but LAME. his whole shtick is that he speaks up for the "quiet weird kid at school," thats the whole of his aesthetic. and despite the drugs he tries to be this whole kind of positive, contributing type person. thats not COOL. thats not what a rock star does. kurt cobain might have been a weird but he was a nihilist first and foremost. he didnt care about fame, he didnt want to be famous. jimmy page got famous and what he did he? fuck underage bitches and party til he couldnt. manson is a loser, alone in the corner sipping wine and being misunderstood. kurt made being a loser cool, manson made being lame still just as lame.

> kurt cobain might have been a weird but he was a nihilist first and foremost. he didnt care about fame, he didnt want to be famous. jimmy page got famous and what he did he? fuck underage bitches and party til he couldnt. manson is a loser, alone in the corner sipping wine and being misunderstood. kurt made being a loser cool, manson made being lame still just as lame.

Manson was a much bigger nihilist and overall edgelord than Kobain could have dreamed of being. Manson actually put his knowledge of such concepts into the lyrics and emotions of his songs, whereas, Nirvana's songs were just about a hazy drugged out teenage angst with no real message or meaning. Also, Manson fucked tons of bitches, and literally wrote an entire album about a lolita chick he was with for a while. Go read the comments on any of the videos that show him, there are a ton of women, both young and old wetting themselves over him.
Also, how did Cobain make being a loser cool when he killed himself like a pussy faggot?

>liking either of these shitty musicians

I have, I'm talking about the story.
>Antichrist Superstar, predicted his career of him rising as a symbol of antithesis to society and falling
Literally Ziggy Stardust
>becoming an emotionless distant product which the media made him out to be
Young Americans/plastic soul/fame

I Don't like the Drugs = Fame
I'm dying I hope you're dying too = I'm happy I hope your happy too
Omega and the Mechanical Animals = Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

>he didnt care about fame, he didnt want to be famous
lmao, of course he did.

Manson is an edgier, less talented version of Trent Reznor

This is true...

America is too pussified to get any real rockstars these days... instead of self-destructing for our amusement, rockstars get personal trainers and go on diets.

Well his Mechanical Animals album is certainly an homage to Bowie but it's damn good and non-derivative enough to stand on it's own.

>the story of a person rising and falling in society, one which has been found in every culture on the planet separately created, is clearly being ripped off of the one and only album to explore any facet of that concept; ZIGGY STARDUST
Same goes for the other one but with people being famous and fake.

Yep, see

The guy was a glam rocker that wore a G-string on stage.
It's obvious where he got it from.

David Bowie got his outfits from A Clockwork Orange, that doesn't mean that he ripped them off. Also, plenty of people wore shit that Bowie once wore in the 80s.

Kurt's been reincarnated.

he wasn't even hiding it m8.

manson went on TV saying people should talk about their feelings. thats not nihilism. going on oreilly and preaching empathy is not nihilism. the reason nirvana is COOL and the reason kurt was a ROCK STAR is because his songs didnt have too much meaning.

manson tried really really hard to be meaningful and fails. thats why he's not cool and he is not a rockstar

Zach has the heroin part down.

>doing heroin in the current year

Sure thing Brian.

Manson was pretty cool in the 90s, he only became the weirdo sipping in the corner around the holywood era

He's a less talented mix of David Bowie, Nick Cave, and Reznor.

>manchildren think this is a good thing