Can we finally agree what his best album is?

Can we finally agree what his best album is?

It's Yeezus

It's funny how my favorite Kanye albums are his most hated ones (Yeezus and 808s)

At so many points in this album, the music breaks into this melody, and it’s glorious — I mean, glorious. He has to know that — why else would you do that? He’s not just banging his head against the wall, but he acts as though he is. He doesn’t want to seem precious, he wants to keep his cred.

And sometimes it’s like a synth orchestra. I’ve never heard anything like it — I’ve heard people try to do it but no way, it just comes out tacky. Kanye is there. It’s like his video for “Runaway,” with the ballet dancers — it was like, look out, this guy is making connections. You could bring one into the other — ballet into hip-hop — they’re not actually contradictory, and he knew that, he could see it immediately. He obviously can hear that all styles are the same, somewhere deep in their heart, there’s a connection. It’s all the same shit, it’s all music — that’s what makes him great. If you like sound, listen to what he’s giving you. Majestic and inspiring.

Very often, he’ll have this very monotonous section going and then, suddenly —“BAP! BAP! BAP! BAP!” — he disrupts the whole thing and we’re on to something new that’s absolutely incredible. That’s architecture, that’s structure — this guy is seriously smart. He keeps unbalancing you. He’ll pile on all this sound and then suddenly pull it away, all the way to complete silence, and then there’s a scream or a beautiful melody, right there in your face. That’s what I call a sucker punch.

He seems to have insinuated in a recent New York Times interview that My Beautiful Dark, Twisted Fantasy was to make up for stupid shit he’d done. And now, with this album, it’s “Now that you like me, I’m going to make you unlike me.”

It's 808s.

And it's only partially his.

MBDTF but I like them all

Yeezus
Runaway Outro is his best moment though

Yeezus is his best work
But the Runaway Outro is his best "moment" in music

samefag

This is the definitive list:

MBDTF > TLOP >> Yeezus >>>> 808s >> LR > CD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graduation

fuck you graduation is great

MBDTF, CD, LR and Graduation are better than Yeezus.

Late Registration, 808s, and Yeezus are his 3 best.
>Graduation
>Better than Yeezus
that album is awful compared to his others. only songs worth mentioning along with the songs on his other works are flashing lights, stronger, and barry bonds, but only because they all foreshadowed styles on his other albums that arent boring pop rap (flashing lights 808s, stronger yeezus, barry bonds mbdtf)

No love for St. Pablo. Sad!

College Dropout > MBDTF > Yeezus > 808s > Graduation > TLOP > Late Registration > Watch The Throne

no one calls a greatest hits album their favorite

lyrics on yeezus are brilliant and underrated
name one rap album other than yeezus from the 21st century with those simple yet hard-hitting and memorable type of lyrics

Yeezus > MBDTF > Late Registration > College Dropout > 808s > TLOP > Graduation

I'm not following.

Still a good song.

Terrific, frankly.

fuck, thought you said tlop was your favorite album
i would like the song if sampha didnt do the hook. hate his voice.

I like 808s and Graduation a lot, but I don't listen to him enough to really debate.

I like the hook. I think it's catchy. Don't really care for his verse/bridge on it though.

It's so obviously MBDTF. It's not even close actually.