Why is male virginity constantly mocked while female virginity is seen as something pure?

Why is male virginity constantly mocked while female virginity is seen as something pure?

lmao op is a virgin haha

Women are the ones who choose a partner
Men are the ones who attempt to get a woman to choose him
Male virgins have failed to be chosen, if they ever tried
Female virgins are probably lower down the ladder truthfully

But seriously I can think of way more films that make fun of male virginity than female virginity.

probably cause it's a bigger issue for men than it is for women, for the reason I gave.

thats a complete lie
just perpetuated social stigmas to force men into complying with women's demands

if it was accepted to be a virgin as a man, a lot less men would be trying so hard to get laid at such a young age, and we'd have more equal roles

literally, the oinly thing women have , ever, is their body. they are completely useless otherwise, so thats their highest achievable goal, their body

like everytime a feminist tries to protest, all they can do is get naked and paint shit on their body because nobody takes them seriously anyway, nobody cares waht a woman has to say, because most of them are emotionally immature and pretentious, completely false in their ideas of self image and ideology

yeah okay dude it's societies fault that girls don't want to suck your dick
whatever helps you sleep at night

Social expectations. Women are expected to be seen as pure and are denounced for sexual promiscuity. men are expected to be sexual conquerors, and are denounced for chastidy.

See also: sex toys. A women with a vibrator is seen as a sexually liberated person. A guy with one is seen as a loser who can't get a GF.

this is the sort of issue that feminism would actually address but cucks like think feminism is just about women taking over the world.

So women have nothing to offer except their bodies, but somehow are controlling society such that this social standard is permeated.

The enemy is both weak beyond contempt, yet powerful and in control of everything.

because fucking and getting fucked are two different things entirely

double standards are a natural occurence

men are studs when they fuck a lot, women are sluts

vice versa, female virgins are revered because 99.99% of the time it was their choice, while male virgins 99.99% of the time are virgins because they're genetically inferior

that's how life works

You really can't figure that one out on your own?

>because men are supposed to spread their genes as much as possible to ensure the survival of the human race
>women are supposed to be selective in choosing their mates, therefore a female virgin isn't ridiculed nearly as much

>this is the sort of issue that feminism would actually address
do you think feminism will ever actually campaign for understanding and acceptance for male virginity?

Male norm
Femmi mocked?

>Why is male virginity constantly mocked
is this still a thing?

>girls can laid with no effort
>have to put effort in to not be a slag

>guys can stay virgins with no effort
>have to put effort in to get laid

Does that solve the double standard for you?

>So women have nothing to offer except their bodies, but somehow are controlling society such that this social standard is permeated.

Women have nothing to offer but their bodies, but men will do anything for them. It's not hard to understand bro, maybe in a few years when you hit puberty.

Because, for much of human history, women were treated essentially as a commodity, a bargaining chip for creating alliances between families. Their maidenhead was essentially their tamper-evident seal.

A man, on the other hand, was expected to sow his wild oats early and often before settling down to prove his worth as a man to his fellow men.

>Women are the ones who choose a partner

In a state of nature, perhaps. Females, by and large, do choose the male they mate with throughout the animal kingdom. The thing is, humans have been fighting that state of nature for millennia and women often had little, if any, say in who they wound up with. In many societies, it was not uncommon for spouses to have never even met before their wedding day and for all arrangement to be handled by their parents. In others, the man made the proposal to the father of the bride alone and the father's say was final. Only in relatively few did anyone bother asking the woman, and even then her father's approval was the deciding factor until very recently (which is why people still ask fathers' permission for their daughter's hand in marriage, even if they have no authority as such today).

yep, there's a lot of it happening right now because people want to characterise everyone who dislikes the new ghostbusters as a creepy basement dwelling virgin loser

lmaoing at ur life

>In a state of nature, perhaps. Females, by and large, do choose the male they mate with throughout the animal kingdom. The thing is, humans have been fighting that state of nature for millennia and women often had little, if any, say in who they wound up with. In many societies, it was not uncommon for spouses to have never even met before their wedding day and for all arrangement to be handled by their parents. In others, the man made the proposal to the father of the bride alone and the father's say was final. Only in relatively few did anyone bother asking the woman, and even then her father's approval was the deciding factor until very recently (which is why people still ask fathers' permission for their daughter's hand in marriage, even if they have no authority as such today).
you're right however i was speaking about contemporary western society

You guys are fucking retarded. Male virginity is frowned upon because men are generally the chasers of sex, while women are generally the chased. If a man fails to have sex it means he failed at convincing women he was worthy of it and so never had the opportunity, whereas if a woman fails to have sex it generally means she had the opportunity but turned it down.
I'm speaking about majority opinion and social norms here, so don't have a cry about generalisation.

Women are more desirable than men, as in, more men want to have sex with the average woman than women want to have sex with the average man. Therefore a female virgin is thought to be a virgin for other reasons than being undesirable. What the fuck is wrong with your minds that you can't process this sociological fact. Typical Sup Forums content.

Probably not specifically, in the grand scheme of things it's not as big an issue as abortion clinics or sexual harassment.

But seemingly they're smart enough to exploit this for great gain? So they're reasonably intelligent as well as being able to control the entire male gender.

How is it that women have the upper hand in almost every department, and still complain about oppression and how they need "equality"?

>mfw someone says "women are just as horny as men, if not more!"

I'm just pissed cause I was brought up constantly being told that the right way to show you like someone is to be friendly, respectful, polite, etc.

Girls HATE "nice guys" because he's seen as being manipulative, trying to sneakily trick a girl into liking him, the point that women aren't slot machines you put friendliness into until they pay out sex.

But shit man, I basically do think I want to be nice to someone I like, being friendly feels a much better idea than being mean, and yeah if I like you then I'm hoping you'll like me back, and I'm hoping somehow we'll decide we wanna fuck each other

Whole thing confuses the fucknuggets outta me

Hint, one of the sexes can get pregnant.

If you live your life on tumblr/twitter you might not know that.

Women only want Chad, and so they've convinced themselves that every "nice guy" is an ugly neckbeard with dark ulterior motives. That way they can justify hooking up with hot guys that hit and quit them.

>girls like sex too, you know :PP

>The thing is, humans have been fighting that state of nature for millennia and women often had little, if any, say in who they wound up with.
this meme. you know that a wife can always stab a sleeping husband.They where always willing to a degree(at least those that where not too young) also let us not pretend they did not cheat on their husbands.when speaking of choosing we are talking about sex and not marriage.

mostly this

A man has to work for sex, so virginity shows a lack of social skills, confidence and sexual market value. Women who aren't hideously ugly have no trouble finding someone to fuck them, so virginity is a sign of self-discipline, high morals, dignity and moderate-to-high sexual market value.

Why do women even claim to like sex

What is the point

the involuntarily celibate woman is truly the lowest of the low

>Women are expected to be seen as pure and are denounced for sexual promiscuity. men are expected to be sexual conquerors, and are denounced for chastidy.
That has not been the case for many years (unless you live in Latin america or some other 3ed world spot)

Only men think female virginity is pure. Virginity in general is nerdy as fuck but that doesn't make it bad, it just means you won't give it up just for the sake of it.

So, essentially, having self-respect is lame. So is having money in a savings account and having kids but people still do it and it seems to pay off more than being a reckless idiot.

you are a fucking retard. you can be nice and still say "hey wanna go out on a date with me?". beating around the bush and trying to "subtly" hint that you like someone is why "nice guys" are looked down upon.

be direct, dont be a passive "nice" idiot

No woman is involuntarily celibate.

>feminism would actually address
There are many other organizations who would also address this without selling out all of society to the cult of Marxism. also when you say feminism you should specify which type because there are more than 9 and most have opposing views

>having kids
>paying off

Having children is unethical anyway.

Because it all boils down to biology. The prevalence of birth control has had MASSIVE effects on the social fabric of human life, to the point that people no longer understand the most basic, primal aspects of their own sexuality.

It's as simple as this: When a woman gets fucked, she might have to carry a baby around for 9 months, destroy her vagina pushing it out, and raise it to adulthood. When a man fucks a woman, he has an orgasm. Sex has CONSEQUENCES for women. The man, if he wants to, can run off, fuck another woman, get her pregnant too, and run off to find another one. Those women are stuck with the babies.

It is now possible for women to prevent pregnancy and have as much sex as they want, but our brains have not yet evolved to match this development. So in our subconscious, the old rules still apply, and affect the way we see people as potential partners.

Was going to post this hahaha

That would have legitimacy if you could not just buy a hooker

>paying for sex

Is there anything more beta than this? Not only is it pathetic and sad but you're also enabling literal whores

>the point that women aren't slot machines you put friendliness into until they pay out sex.
except if we dump the bullshit that is what most people are. unless a person is broken they will eventually like you if you are nice to them then most people.I almost cried when my neighbor helped me bring a washing machine from the store

The flipside is that male non-virgins are seen as real men while female non-virgins are sluts.
So really, I'd say this attitude is harder on women than it is on men.

This is why slut shaming is a thing.
Loose women devalue the pussy, and get scorned and hated on by other women for it because they know thats literally all they have to offer.
If you really want to know a womans' worth, ask her how she feels about sluts.

locks vs keys

having sex with toys is not true sex

Stanhopes bit on freemarket pussy is spot on

>now possible
birth control has existed long before the roman empire. you would be more justified in blaming modern medicine that keeps women from dying during the child birth.

>you know that a wife can always stab a sleeping husband
And then they'd get executed/go to prison.
And even if they get away with it, now they're all alone with nobody to provide for them because nobody wants to marry a widow.
It's not a meme, it's how things were.

>when speaking of choosing we are talking about sex and not marriage.
Yeah, cheating definetly happened (we know because adulterous women were executed and shit). You are however forgetting that if the husband wanted sex, the wife's consent wasn't needed.

You're right, even though you're getting shit for it.

yet you would not be a virgin and by logic presented you would have proven your value.If looked at correctly than one proves his worthiness not by losing virginity but by impregnating a woman

This is why male friendships actually meaningful. You're not looking to be friendly with another dude so you can fuck him (unless you're OP), you're doing it because you think he's a cool guy you'd actually want to spend time with.

>If looked at correctly than one proves his worthiness not by losing virginity but by impregnating a woman

What a shit post. Why am I proving "worthiness" to anybody? What does getting some girl pregnant accomplish?

its a narrow road, bash sluts too much and there will be no more sluts bash them too little and they get uppity, thinking they are respectable people who can give people advice on social issues

>The thing is, humans have been fighting that state of nature for millennia and women often had little, if any, say in who they wound up with.

That's absolutely true, which also explains why women hold no regards to their societies and have no sense of identity within them.

The human history always had conquerors, women could've a family and lose them within years, being just another piece of meat for the enemy soldier to rape or create another family with.

What does losing your virginity accomplish?
>What does getting some girl pregnant accomplish?
read the thread

hahaha virgins are losers hahaha

>3.5 billion people are useless because I said so!
You got issues bro.
It takes a special kind of moron to completely gloss over half the population's potential/worth because of your retarded preconcieved notions

>Girls HATE "nice guys" because he's seen as being manipulative
They don't hate nice guys.
You just have to be nice to EVERYONE and not just girls. If girls see that you're nice even to men you don't know, they'll know that it isn't an act and that's how you truly are. If you're only being nice to cute girls you want to fuck, they'll see right through you and know you're not being honest or nice at all.
You should be nice out of basic human decency, not because you expect something in return.

t. bipolar landwhale

stay virgin you fat dyke.

wrapping a cock in a bit of knotted sheep's bowel is nothing compared to modern birth control. Even the "abortion tea" had a high enough critical failure rate (read: woman bleeds to death and fucking dies) to be viewed as an absolute last resort.

Whereas modern birth control and abortions (chemical and procedural) are safe, reliable, and readily available. Hell, the former is basically putting planned parenthood clinics out of business (while prolifers pretend it's their protests) single handed.

So... yea, shits different.

Not even going into how "people who have lots of sex tend to be horribly diseased" thing made people think God was personally smiting anyone who "sinned" and that sin was "fucking" before anyone knew what actually caused a disease.

>tfw homosex with straight friends and I feel awkward around them because some of them are kinda cute but I don't want them to know I feel that way
Suffering

I take it you've never been to the Bible belt.

>You're not looking to be friendly with another dude so you can fuck him

Only in the literal sense.

I kinda wonder why "virgin shaming" isn't a thing yet. I mean, if girls get to (ironically) complain about the concept of slut shaming, and how it tries to socially control a person's sex life, virgins should do the same.

I heard the term. But nobody's going to stick for shy/awkward men.

>You should be nice out of basic human decency

Don't mean to be "that guy," but I've experienced so little "basic human decency" in my life that I have no real capacity to believe anyone possesses it.

because the feminist narrative won't allow men, any men, to be the victim of sexual dynamics for once

Because no one is going to lie to men about how right they are about such things, and how much they agree, in hopes of fucking them.

Fuck i just thought I got lost in r9k

kill yourselves faggots

Complaining about slut-shaming is a free advertisement for the fact you have lots of fun sex, so it isn't embarrassing or shameful. Complaining about virgin-shaming is a free advertisement for how much of a fucking loser you are

Probably because the kind of men that complain about this kind of thing lack the social skills and connections necessary to make it a movement that appeals to a wider audience.

Fuck off normie

Press the back button on your browser right on back to you know where, faggot.

welcome to summer Sup Forums. Bored people spreading to every board that remotely interests them and posting there the way they would on their "home" board.

/r9k/ is too full of guys pretending to be women
so fa/tv/irgin is a far better choice

> the social skills and connections necessary to make it a movement

And by that, of course, you mean "vaginas."

Nah, summer is when all the teenage redditors like you come in and act like the normalshits you are

Boy, sure is summer 'round here eh pal? Can't wait for fall and winter, when there's NO shitposting at all. That's the good times man.

I don't understand how this can be true while people call a woman with a lot of partners a slut. You can't have it both ways.

Are you saying that men don't have any social skills and are incapable of starting any political movements or appealing to a wide audience?
Because history says otherwise.

why are so many chads posting on Sup Forums tonight?
I mean, come on, it's friday night.
shouldn't you be out bedding stacy and getting raped by Omar?

it's a problem that only affects (predominantly white and asian) men,
so it is very low on the social justice agenda

I don't understand why you ask the question, and why so many people responded in earnest.

This is one of those things that we generally consider to be "self-evident".

no one cares about autistic virgin beta guys literally the lowest standing people in western society they are good for nothing and no one wants anything to do with them except other virgin betas. its an awful life

>Being redpilled as fuck
>Still can't actually talk to girls and get laid

Top kek, what a fucking combination to live with

yeah fuck those autistic virgin betas hahaha

>le crossboarders are responsible for everything reeee! it's certainly not ME shitting where I eat!

The discussion moved on, try to keep up

i am one retard

The "discussion" has no place on this board, try to fuck off.

>t. Bitter virgin

Kek

In a state of nature, perhaps. Females, by and large, do choose the male they mate with throughout the animal kingdom. The thing is............
jesus fucking christ buddy, need to feel intelligent and knowledgeable by telling us something everyone knows

Yes, but the fact that you have lots of fun sex isn't particularly well seen when it comes to women, mainly because, ironically, other girls shame women with an active sex life.

What I'm trying to say here is that there is a lot of stigm associated with women and sex; the same happens with virginity and me. It's just amazing to see the kind of complex that virgin guys develop.

Where was it implied that becoming redpilled would help you get laid?
You've woken up to the fact that your ship is sinking, congrats. Inflate your lifevest and hope for the best.

I'm saying the important factor to ... whatever the fuck we're talking about, is vaginas.

Considering the anti-slut-shaming crowd are advertising more sex from women from women with vaginas.

>stig
*stigma
>virginity and me
*virginity and men

>jesus fucking christ buddy, need to feel intelligent and knowledgeable by telling us something everyone knows
This thread says otherwise. Lots of ignorance about women and sex in general around here.