OUTCAST

>been waiting all week to see an Outcast thread
>it's almost Friday night again
>no pre-show thread at all

Sooooo, I 'm the only one watching this then? Cool.

I'm watching it too. My Sup Forums side is satisfied so far.

I constantly forget it's based off a comic book. I should probably look into that.

Never heard of this. What is it?

I tried to describe it to a friend as a really crazy twist on The Exorcist. If you like supernatural demon fighting you can probably get behind it. It's also pretty creepy overall.

Demonic possession

I've only watched the first episode but I enjoyed it. Dude's mother was creep as fuck.

All the demon possessions so far have been, just completely unsettling. The acting on this show is so good.

That kid acted brilliantly too.

Loving Outcast.

I'm watching it but can't say I like it much yet.

Pilot felt like it failed to tell me what the series wants to accomplish, while last week's episode had little of interest happening and spent way too much time visually retreading story backdrop scenes that everyone with a working brain had already gotten through conversation in the pilot.

Acting and cinematography is good but the writing does not seem up to par so far. Maybe that's just what you get for using comics as your source material

another comic adaption

Bump.

Time does it come on? Just finished ep2, the ending was cool

The ending for 2 is what has me so hyped for tonight. I'm ready for some shit to go down.

Comes on 10 pst.

So do these demons not need a human body or what? I'm slightly confused desu

As someone who hasn't read the comics, I'm not really sure. I mean at the end of two you see the demon's incorporeal whatever manifest for a minute and try and strangle young Kyle but it blew away for some reason. Otherwise it seems like they need to possess someone to do anything.

Not a great pilot but I thought EP02 was an improvement

Just watched the first episode. Like it so far and I laughed aloud when the protag started punching the kid in the face

I think his momma had something to do with it dissappearing, just a guess tho

I did too. It was a great moment. But you gotta get them outta there somehow.

She might have, but obviously his blood came into play. But you did end up having the possessed baddy who came in and talked about his mom resisting and fighting as much as she did.

He was also in church.

>Cinemax

That's why no one watches it.

was episode 2 any good?

i'm interested in this but I feel like it's going to take like 5 episodes to get anywhere.

Pretty much. Though The Knick was also one of the best shows of the last 5 years and was on here too. Quality, but I guess not popular?

2 gives more reference for the backstory of Kyle and his mom, but from the preview for this week's episode it looks like shit's gonna pick up and we'll finally start seeing more about what's happening to the town.

It had the knick, which was decent, I wish you didn't have to pay extra for it

I didn't notice the blood, thought he was just choked out

He was bleeding from the mouth from where his mom punched him and then he managed to bite her and she let him go. He didn't do the full on mouth transfusion thing, so it's probably likely his mom played the biggest part in driving it away.

There were a few Knick threads back when season 2 was airing, some of which I even made, but even those didn't have more than a handful or so of people in them.

**Was he Satan?**

With shows like preacher on the air right now, it's difficult for me to get into this because I can't help comparing the two and preacher seems more interesting in concept. I'd like to come back to this, but I need a little more

Who?

I hope they chill with the flashbacks now.
Like, I got all the info I needed just from his situation and the first few couple. I don't need his entire past encounter sprinkled randomly throughout the show, The present is what I'm interested in

Ep 1 was OK
Ep 2 was slow as hell.