ITT: the best comeback albums

ITT: the best comeback albums

Rule: must be at least 10-year gap from the last album

Bonus: also post the worst comeback albums if you want

And we're just judging the albums on their own compared to other bands comeback albums disregarding their relation to the bands previous album? That seems fair.

I'm not thinking of one offhand yet.

not really an album, whatever

do not post wildflower

i am not joking

Dinosaur jr's recent run of albums are nice

Kate never stopped to amaze the world

nobody on Sup Forums gave a shit about the album in 2013 but it was great

This was good. Shame no many people seemed to give a shit.

this is one of my favorite albums, honestly. The Rip, We Carry On, and Machine Gun are such amazing tracks.

Good: Citizen Zombie

Bad: Uncanny Valley

Probably one of greatest comebacks in recent history.

nerd MY FATHER.. was the comeback

the XX remix of this album introduced me and my friends to Gil-Scott as adolescents. Good stuff

My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to The Sky was actually their comeback from Soundtracks in 2010

My Father never happened. Well, I guess I selectively forgot it.

My Father was a pretty solid album desu

Only track that really breaks the flow is Frankie Sinatra. Everything else is great, flows just like Since I Left You

It wasn't bad, but it just pales in comparison in comparison with a lot of their discog.

Absolute fucking garbage

Extra Bonus: Most mediocre comeback album.

It's 100% a rehash.

I wasn't expecting to be that good

Yeah, defintely their weakest post Soundtracks

This too. I think it's funny Lush came together to make this EP, which sounds just like their old stuff, and then they break up right after.

Not as memorable as their earlier stuff but it's still a great album

yeah.. it was ok. nothing special. it had a few good tracks but you're right the seer was the big comeback.

Greatest comeback in the history of rap.

This, I forgot about this.

Also, what's his reason for not releasing anything for so long? Just doesn't make sense.

EASILY this

I read that he was getting a divorce and didn't want his wife to receive any money during some of that time. He released a bunch of music under The Tuss and AFX though.

Yeah, no. This wasn't even on the same plane as their first album. It was a 6/10 but that's all it was

he did just under other aliases

Fantastic album, same goes for TDPDH

Then that should be disqualified then. Not one single note in ten years.

This is the only acceptable amswer

Their next album would probably qualify for this thread too if Kevin even cares about making music enough to get another album out by 2023

This is the acceptablest answer

>35-year comeback
/thread btfo

Came here to post this. Those who know his story have to agree this is the greatest comeback album ever.
I hate the xx & the remix album, but since it turned a lot of people onto GSH I can't really complain.

Best one in recent memory

This was only 7 years after The Chronic, but I see what you mean

>Rubin-fags actually believe this
He never stopped releasing music, in fact, the American period was probably the least fruitful of his entire career

David Bowie - The Next Day

17 years after their last good album

Agreed, one of the worst comeback albums of all time

I came for the future an I can confirm that the new Porcupine Tree and Tool albums are the best albums of all time