What's even the point of playing the national anthem at a domestic competition?

What's even the point of playing the national anthem at a domestic competition?

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/video/clip?id=12867961
sports.politicususa.com/2015/05/11/pre-paid-patriotism-keith-olbermann-rips-the-nfl-for-secretly-taking-money-to-honor-veterans.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To sate Cletus' autism.

Its America. We recite the national anthem at little league games. At the high school musical. At your college graduation.

Refresh the propaganda spell

to ward off the hun

probably this

kids in your schools saying the plebs of a legions every day is really creepy imo

Nobody really knows, interesting enough we didn't even have a national anthem until 1930.

It's the same shit that put In God We Trust on our money and under God in the pledge.

We call in special forces to fly military aircraft over stadiums b4 events cuz we fucking can.

Its patriotism. I guess.

More to do with forcing Christianity down our throats than it does with patriotism.

Why do you care so much?

And the answer is a mix of propaganda/patriotism/because we've been doing it for a while/gratitude for people who sacrifice

I would get sick of the national anthem if I had to hear it that often.

>That one team that has to overdue the fuck out of it to try to prove they are more patriotic than the other teams or something

Unlike the average Britcuck, we're not anxious to see our country changed for the worse by foreign ideology

muslim
>allahu akbar allahu akbar
american
>USA USA USA

We're one of the last countries with patriotism. Don't worry though, we have plenty of self-hating cucks here so we'll be just like europe in less than 20 years

> The Federal Reserve System—also known as the Federal Reserve or simply the Fed—is the central banking system of the United States. It was created on December 23, 1913, with the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act in response to a series of financial panics (particularly the panic of 1907) that showed the need for central control of the monetary system.[3][4][5][6][7][8] Over time, the roles and responsibilities of the Federal Reserve System have expanded, and its structure has evolved.[4][9] Events such as the Great Depression in the 1930s were major factors leading to changes in the system.[10]

Because patriotic muricans would get T R I G G E R E D if they didn't and they would probably riot

>yet another cash cow for the Rothschilds

Kek, Wikipedia leaves out the most important part

Also, war with Iceland when?

> The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an expression of allegiance to the Flag of the United States and the republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Colonel George Balch in 1887,[3][4][5] later revised by Francis Bellamy in 1892 and formally adopted by Congress as the pledge in 1942.[6] The official name of The Pledge of Allegiance was adopted in 1945. The last change in language came on Flag Day 1954 when the words "under God" were added.[7]

((( civic-nationalism )))

Coastal cucks will be first to hang on the day of the rope.

Always kill a traitor before an enemy

>"In God We Trust" is the official motto of the United States. It was adopted as the nation's motto in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, which was adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782.[1][2]

>"In God We Trust" first appeared on U.S. coins in 1864[3] and has appeared on paper currency since 1957. A law passed in a Joint Resolution by the 84th Congress (P.L. 84-140) and approved by President Dwight Eisenhower on July 30, 1956 declared IN GOD WE TRUST must appear on currency. This phrase was first used on paper money in 1957, when it appeared on the one-dollar silver certificate. The first paper currency bearing the phrase entered circulation on October 1, 1957.[4]

>Inferior countries insecure about their patriotism

Very original thread you have here

>we are at war with Hungary and Iceland

>the plebs of a legions

That's like saying you'd get tired of freedom if you had to live free that often. Oh wait, you're eruopean.

To show gratitude.

It keeps the plebs in the Southern, Plains and Western states from reverting back to a State-first mentality and realizing that the Federal Government has been slowly eroding the powers of the State Governments since 1913.

Iceland is going to start world war 3. Bjork will drop a nuke on Budapest. Cap this.

shut up flyover faggot

Go be fat somewhere else

A lot of the performers that get hired for these gigs do a terrible job. They're usually some obscure "Nashville recording artist" no one has ever heard of.

I hear the national anthem performed poorly at least once a week and it always makes me cringe.

>More to do with forcing Christianity
Is that why the verse that mentions God is never sang at sporting events?

This is a valid argument but seeing kids being literally brainwashed (even for the better) as soon as they enter school is still a little creepy.

jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

Viva la raza, gringo!

>seeing kids being literally brainwashed

You mean like they indoctrinated with leftist propaganda at college, on the internet, in the media, and every else?

I still see the rest of it as leaving more of a choice. Also definitely important is the age.
You're technically allowed to not say the pledge, but by the time they realize what it actually means they've been reciting brainlessly for years.

I guess my point is mostly about the age. The only comparable thing is commercials in kids shows, but that is comparatively short term in its effect.

The overall effect is definitely positive for the country, but its still creepy. And how could you then criticize any other country for their propaganda when the us is right up there with the likes of DPRK and PRC.

Because fuck you, that's why.

>right up there with dprk

If you don't stand for the pledge it's seen as rude, If you don't have a framed picture of kim il sung in north korea hanging in your house you and your family will be sent to a prison camp or executed.

That's a bit of a stretch canada.

I would live to hear our national anthem more often.

Please stay the way you are, America! :(

Be proud of who you are

Ya the repercussions are not the same, but saying it's just "seen as rude" is an understatement.

>the whole scandal around kaepernick
>some teachers will literally kick you out of class if you don't say the pledge.

Fuck off, Lasagna.

It's called Nationalism faggot. We like to remind ourselves that we left Europe, one of the best places on Earth, to form a place even better.

Stay mad.

Back during the big wars a bunch of our athletes signed up to go fight in those wars and scrubs (and women) took their place to play. So we paid respect to those men who went by playing the national anthem and showing respect. We've kept up that tradition. Kaepernick and any player in those leagues taking millions of our fan dollars who don't respect that deserve to be hurt bad during the game or released from the team.

Its not about "muh right to protest" its about showing respect, and if some half nigger doesn't respect his predecessors then he should be kicked out of the league, or i'll root for him to get hurt/paralyzed during the game. If the 49s had any balls at all they'd throw him off the team. he wouldn't be doing this shit if he was a starter.

>believing everything you read on Sup Forums: the post

Edgy

This desu, you should just play the music and let the people sing.

the kaepernick scandal happened because he's in a position to broadcast his actions to the entire country, and americans consider sports figures to be role models. go to any american sporting event, and when the national anthem is played you will see dozens of people sitting, eating, talking. in kaepernick's case, this is part of his job.

>he wouldn't be doing this shit if he was a starter
this is probably true

americans have been brainwashed by a very fake cringeworthy version of patriotism

now they're easily controlled, because if they dare to question some things, they will immediately be seen as "unamerican"
they will eat everything up that is accompanied by a dumb, idiotic "USA USA" chant

this is also the reason why football ("soccer") doesn't stand a chance (at least until the spics become the new majority) over there

During the McCarthy era, after WWII, the anthem was played at sporting events. Anyone who didn't stand was a Commie bastard, and monitors would take down their names. They would then go on a secret list and never get a good job again.

>this flag
>this topic

ya you're right it is technically an unspoken part of his job.
But you or the guy I was responding to was saying people just consider it a little rude, even though this has been making headlines for a week, in a country where you're supposedly allowed to express yourself >freely.

No, thats literally why we pay respect before sports games to this day. How am i being edgy? Should we be paying respect to dumb thugs like mike brown and some mentally ill man who thinks he needs to use the womens bathroom instead? stupid fuck.

Germany is so fucked these days, I feel bad for you.

American's don't stand a chance at soccer because we don't give a fuck about that sport. Do you want to write a thesis on why we don't like cricket too? must be brainwashing!

Soldiers don't die in war so we can stand for the anthem. Having the freedom to sit or stand is Kaeps right, and choosing to sit or take a knee is in no way disrespectful to those who serve.

I thought this American patriotism shit was a meme Tbqh

Don't know if the national anthem is included here, but the military pays the sports leagues for "Support the Troops" type promotional events. So some of it is essentially paid advertising.

your horrible reading comprehension indicates another big part of the problem: your public education system

it has and is utterly failing millions of americans every year, leaving them dumb and ignorant sheeple, that can be easily controlled and manipulated by the elites, who all went to private schools

Calling someone a nigger is someones right. But its disrespectful and people will take offense to that.

Getting lectured on this by a german is hilarious. For so many reasons.

Refugees still welcome there?

You're right. Freedom of speech does include that. And you are also right that people will take offense to that. And that's where the difference comes in. You wishing for paralyzing injury on a person for exercising their rights is edgy. If you call someone a nigger, people will just stop associating with you.

don't go around giving lessons, saying football won't succeed in amerifat because of brainwashing or fake patriotism is completely retarded

refugees, yes
we have to because of the geneva convention
you will be taking in some as well, once hillary clinton becomes your next president

illegal migrants, no
they will have to go back

but don't worry about our demographics, we're still 90% white
you guys on the other hand are on the very brink of becoming a majority non-white country

Yes I want him to get paralyzed because he is disrespecting the players who paved the way for the game that has given him a job other than a 7/11 clerk. I hope he gets hurt because he disrespects cops in public and calls them murderers but calls them when he needs help.

Those are my thoughts. You wish that shit on me? go ahead. I spoke my mind, speak your's. You don't know a damned thing about what you think about me. I know all I need to know about that entitled piece of shit. I don't know why you feel the need to defend that piece of shit.

You're absolutely disgusting.

obviously you have no idea what was happening in the US in the 70s and 80s

football was presented as a commie sport over there
and americans believed it and many still believe it to this day

nice rebuttal

i guess your school's budget wasn't big enough for a debate club

too bad, but hey, at least you learned to recite the pledge of allegiance!

again with your shit theories. We are not in the 70s or 80s anymore and I doubt you have an idea on what went on in the usa at that time. If football doesn't succeed there is because they focus on other sports

And btw, the refugee intake has nothing to do with the geneva convention but with the refugee convention of 1951

You're a clueless ignorant retard and you confirm it every time you open your mouth

american kids are given every chance to play soccer, every school in the country has teams for both boys and girls. the real reason it isn't popular here is because when it was becoming popular in europe, we preferred baseball and horse racing, and we were disconnected to what was going on overseas.

American sports are just another example of American exceptionalism. The play handegg instead of rugby and baseball instead of cricket.
I don't think many yanks today think of soccer as a commie sport.

Colleges are exactly that though, outside of the South. I had the Dindus protesting shit on my campus and our faggout president praised them.

We do it on Brazil too, but no one gives a single fuck about the anthem at domestic competitions. Everyone just ignores it and keeps doing nothing or cheering like they were before.

it is well documented
that's the reason why the focus is on other sports

and the convention of 1951 also took place in geneva, so who cares how to call it

and my mouth is shut
that's how typing usually works

football was on the rise in the 70s in the US, but then it fell victim to a wide propaganda campaign designed to keep the traditional americans sports at the top

Olbermann: Prepaid patriotism in sports

espn.com/video/clip?id=12867961

yeah football was on the rise in the 70s but the not one that you're thinking of.

This is completely delusionally and embarrassing devoid of historical perspective/knowledge. Kys

The american idea of patriotism's weird

Patriotism's supposed to be something people want to take part in to feel pride in their country
The american attitude's more you're bad and probably a mexican commie if you don't take part in all the compulsory americanisms

It's nationalism by fear not pride which is interesting

You're poorly informed. For example, you think our education system is primarily federal. Stop posting retard

you've obviously never been here.

sports.politicususa.com/2015/05/11/pre-paid-patriotism-keith-olbermann-rips-the-nfl-for-secretly-taking-money-to-honor-veterans.html

I don't agree with the president praising them but you do know that right wing speech isn't prevented at universities? Two of the most liberal universities out here in the West had Milo Yiannopolous from Breitbart come out and speak. Not to mention I used to go to a college that had a right-wing anti abortion group come every year with giant posters of aborted fetuses.

Colleges are bastions of free speech, and that's what makes em so great. The ideologies on campus often times represent the ideologies of the state you live in. That's why you get liberal schools in California/Oregon and more conservative schools in the Midwest/South

He's right pal, just look at what happened after Kaepernick refused to stand.

niggers

Knock off the wanabe American racist shit. You can do better, milkbag.

>Colleges were bastions of free speech, and that's what made 'em so great.

fixed it for you