Joking aside, this movie really wasn't that bad...

Joking aside, this movie really wasn't that bad. Underneath all the memes and bad dialogue it's actually a pretty deep and entertaining film. So what if there are a bunch of main characters? The original trilogy had a bunch of main characters too and they're hailed as some of the greatest achievements in cinema.

For once I'd like to see more people actually praise this movie. Unless someone is holding a gun to your head I don't see why you have to say it's bad just to fit into the status quo. Come on, I mean, it's been almost 20 years since its release. Kenobi and Qui Gon vs Maul can't be the only good part of this film, right?

My god, that pod race was definitely something, wasn't it? You literally sit at the edge of your seat every time you watch it.

So, why do people still insist this movie was bad? Hell, I'd say it's one of the best Star Wars films period. I'd even go so far as to put it up there with Empire. That's how good it is.

Unless you're a try hard film critic I really can't see why you would actively hate this movie. Perhaps everyone should just stop and read the first letter of each sentence.

2/10

Shouldn't have given it away.

>Perhaps everyone should just stop and read the first letter of each sentence.

Ignoring your dumb meme, but TPM was legitimately better than TFA.

Because we waited 15 goddamn years for it

During which Lucasarts kept shitting out solid gold video games that actually expanded the story, and the Star Wars novels got better and better and better until we were all at a fever pitch for Episode 1 HOLY FUCK IT'S GOING TO BE LEGENDARY

And then the trailer dropped and it was the most fucking amazing looking thing ever

And then we got The Phantom Menace and fucking Jar Jar

and the disappointment still hurts

In retrospect you're right though. Especially given how aggressively average, risk-averse, and by-the-numbers TFA is.

this tbqhwy family

you could watch the first 6 movies and skip episode one, doesn't affect the series at all.
episode 1 is a stand alone movie.

>So, why do people still insist this movie was bad?

Because they have been taught too.

Phantom is grand, way better than that piece of turd TFA(clones and sith is too) and does not deserve the hate it gets.
Its all little cunts that hopped on the bandwagon in 2005 on newgrounds that hate this movie.

Also, OP. Nice stale meme you got there you massive cockmuncher.

>I mean, it's been almost 20 years since its release.

fuck

Literally all the Star Wars movies are passable flicks. It's only Episode V that enters the realm of high art.

So star wars obsessives from Sup Forums were disappointed. But people who just watched the movies were just relieved it wasn't a total shitshow like the prequels.

Makes sense.

You're delusional if you think the only reason people hate the prequels is because of the internet.

>Phantom is grand, way better than that piece of turd TFA(clones and sith is too) and does not deserve the hate it gets.

True

>Its all little cunts that hopped on the bandwagon in 2005 on newgrounds that hate this movie.

lol fucking no. You have no idea how many millions of fanboy dreams were crushed by that flick. They had been hyped up to expect Kubrick with lightsabers, and instead got a fun space adventure movie.

shit taste

awful taste, knows nothing about Film-Making

nostalgia-fag

kys

contrarian

I and II are awful, kys

not true, it deserves all the hate and then some.

I see what you did there with the beginning of each line

Also the pod racing was terrible and boring.

Reminder the Ewoks were way worse than the Gungans.

i hope they make a KIDS WATCH TFA then TPM and get to decide

OFFICIAL STAR WARS MOVIE TIER LIST INCOMING

5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 2

not including 7 until 8 and 9 are out, because how well 7 leads into/sets up the next two is important

Phantom Menace is a 7/10 fun comfy popcorn flick.

The story was one of the best things about it. No idea why people hate it.

eat poop kid

because basically

this

5>4>3=6>1=7