Kate bush

Thoughts on her? What are her good albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpMGWOAAKs4
youtube.com/watch?v=Hq0Vd8vSfHc
soundcloud.com/official-king-death
soundcloud.com/blaiserm
soundcloud.com/circling-this-island
soundcloud.com/lilsamba
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

~imo~
Hounds > Sensual World ≥ Dreaming > Kick Inside > Never For Ever = Lionheart >> Aerial > 50 Words >>> Red Shoes

idk maybe I just need to listen to them more but I'm just not a fan of her newer stuff

you're def right about her newer stuff being worse, i'd put 50 words at the bottom. it's hard to rank most kate bush for me though, i think all the albums are overall good until 50 words. that album was shit. i would agree though, hounds is probably the best, maybe lionheart

Hounds of Love is her best one

HoL > Dreaming = Sensual > N4E = Aerial = Red Shoes > 50 Words for Snow > Kick Inside > Lionheart

Is Hounds of Love being her best one of the undisputed truths of Sup Forums?

Nah. A lot of people prefer the Dreaming because there was a flowchart once that described it as being "like Hounds of Love except more experimental" which in Sup Forums-speak translates to "Hounds of Love is garbage compared to The Dreaming."

My opinion on those folks is that they don't really "get" The Ninth Wave,

Hound of Love may be her best artistically and experimentally, but my personal favorite will always be The Kick Inside. I mean, for a teenager to make an album like that is astonishing, there is something so innocent and sweet, personal and deep, catchy and creative about this album. Pop album like that being released in the middle of the punk rock/new wave craze and than succeeding in charting and acclaim was a real success and while being influence by the mid-60s baroque and sunshine pop, it actually set the path for modern art pop that was just starting to emerge.

No wonder every female artist of today is compared to her. There wasn't a more important and influential woman in history of music.

Aerial was an excellent comeback and I would rank in in top 3

I like The Dreaming because it sounds like Peter Gabriel 3

criminally underrated on Sup Forums

An Endless Sky of Honey is one of Kate's greatest achievements

I think 'Running up that Hill' might be the greatest song ever written

Speaking of Hounds of Love... do you prefer side A or side B?

The Dreaming > Hounds of Love > The Kick Inside = Aerial >= The Sensual World > 50 Words for Snow > Never Forever > Lionheart

I haven't listened to Red Shoes. Army Dreamers and Hammer Horror are great songs though even though they're on the albums I ranked the lowest.

Honestly, I think The Ninth Wave could be a bit more clear with the narrative. Maybe that's just my pleb opinion but some ocean sounds before Dream of Sheep and between Hello Earth and Morning Fog would be perfect.

B

"Cloubusting" is better

best way to listen to The Red Shoes is to watch "The Line, The Cross, and The Curve"; it's on Dailymotion, I think

youtube.com/watch?v=VpMGWOAAKs4

oh shit it's that song from barry lyndon

"why are ya tremblin', Redmond?"
"a-at tha pleasure a' findin' tha ribbon"

youtube.com/watch?v=Hq0Vd8vSfHc

I sound a lot like kate bush

soundcloud.com/official-king-death

Nice

I also sound a lot like Kate Bush
soundcloud.com/blaiserm

I sound like Kate Bush too!

soundcloud.com/circling-this-island

Cloudbusting is probably one of the best songs ever written.

soundcloud.com/lilsamba

kate bush sound-alike club

Collab when ?

never gave her a chance
why should I?

Because she sounds a lot like me

She sounds alot like I

shes very influential
lots of anons sound like her

Can anyone explain how the fuck does she pronounce "wuthering" on wuthering heights?

nice trips

it's pronounced "woo-they're-ang"

Yeah that's the normal pronunciation, but on the song it sounds like she's saying "walking through, walking through, walking through the heights..."

>soundcloud.com/official-king-death
>listening to dreams of the sea
nigga this is just final fantasy x music

Aerial is pretty underrated imo. It's not bombastic like her 80s records but it still has very good songwriting and production. 50 Words is like a bad version of Aerial.

P accurate

It sounds like wuh they're ing