Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA
youtube.com/watch?v=-PhrKgF1YCk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neat I've always wanted an 8 string.. here's my guitar of choice

You must be a Zakk Wilde fan!!

Who's the maker? Can't read the logo.

www. Ormsbyguitars .com

The only way you should pay that much for a guitar is if you're already good enough playing that the new guitar will pay for itself through getting you more paying gigs.

Or you know, he likes playing on an instrument of good quality.

What if I already have a job and just buy guitars for fun?

>8 strings
>fanned frets
This must be the edgiest hipster guitar ive ever seen

I don't think my hands could "handle" that.
I've got Donald-Trump-hands: too small.
Can you reach around to make full chords?

> forgive me, I'm just not familiar with the 8-strings...

That price is too much for me, but if you treat her well she'd probably make you cum loads.

not op, but I try to stay away from big chords when I'm playing my 7 or 8 string. I attack it as a whole new instrument than a 6 string.

once you have played a fan fret you will never go back... but 8 strings is a bit much...

I see...

I've never really seen folks play these live. 12-string, yeah. But I've mostly just seen the 6-string bass guitars in a live situation.

Huh.

Guess I don't get out much...

what, you mean you've never seen an 8 string live? It's not very common unless you listen to metal I guess. Here's an example of some 8 string madness.

youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA

No you get out plenty. Fanned frets are the emperor's new clothes of musical instruments

I came here to type this

Quality and price are not necessarily positively correlated. A guitar of equal quality can probably be had for less money.

Only buy if you know enough about the guitar market to be sure that the one you're buying is underpriced and will also appreciate in value better than an investment in something else (stocks, real estate, etc...).

Yeah he is pretty good lol I just really liked how that guitar played/sounded over the les Paul standard.. paid 2300$ back in 2012. Guitar is a hog must be 45 lbs easy. My second guitar of choice is this 1976 Strat

They are shit.

The second highest order of shit just behind true temprement frets.

Trying to fix a problem that doesnt actually exist and just layering on complications and massive doses of 'look at me'

yes, but if he's looking for fanned frets and 8 strings, there aren't that many options. Quality and price are also pretty correlated.

I like the cut of this guy's jib. The opening bit kinda sounded like Jandek for a bit...
And what a dapper outfit (except for the v-neck).

But I can see the appeal scale-wise.

And I can see where he doesn't do the full on chord treatment as well.

yeah... I just finished a mini guitar-thing home-made out of a jewelry box I got at a craft store. Wanted to do a cigar-box but those were actually expensive so I went with some round jewelry box and a piece of pine from a hardware store for the neck. Three strings was all I really needed.
> but I'm pretty basic
> pic related

$1900 would be out of my range...

here's some next level 7 string stuff if you're into that as well. song starts at 09:50. John Petrucci is the one responsible for all these 7 & 8 string fanatics.

youtube.com/watch?v=-PhrKgF1YCk

That's a classy lookin' guitar!

I've heard that the Robert Smith signature Schecter weighs about the same as your hog.
I don't really know anything about the specs, though... Just that is sustains really well.

Ha!

Things just snapped into focus for me just now.
I had a room-mate obsessed with Dream Theater and would hog-up my guitar (he didn't have one at the time) and he would just SHRED the heck out of that thing. He'd take it apart and stuff the innards with coins so that the bridge wouldn't move. He would be at home with one of these babies.

Yeah I've never played one of those but schecter makes a decent guitar.. my wife has an early 2000s diamond series that has an inch of dust on it.. need a nice acoustic mine is like a piece of fire wood

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Looks like a meme guitar. If you're going to spend 1900 dollars on gear, why not buy a guitar you won't be embarrassed about in five years.

If he could actually play it then there's no reason to be embarrassed.

Personally, I would be embarrassed because I don't think I could pull off playing an instrument like that.

> but if I could...

What??? Vacuum that thing off and tune it up. Those things always looked real comfy to me.
Just the overall design... not a lot of jagged angles and garbage. Kinda like Ovation.

> though Schecter always looked better aesthetically to me

nay.

buy a decent 6 stringer, tele or something with alder body and maple neck.

If you are able to try it out first then by all means I'd go and have a look. Personally I wouldn't drop that much money on an instrument unless I'd gotten the chance to get a feel for it first. Then again $1900 is quite a decent amount of money for me so if you're considerably better off than I am perhaps it wouldn't be much of an issue

I think it's time to do some shredding.. i wanted to put a dime bucker at the bridge and a les Paul standard pickup at the neck but never got around to it.. that guitar does play nice and stay in tune relatively well

>completely falling for the fanned fret meme

Nice meme

Yeah exactly right

Have you ever played a fan fret guitar?

> no bass

Fuck you this is a bass thread now

hell no its wrong-handed

great thread

>clearly doesn't dj0nt

followed by some nice catfish

trash

Kek

Most of guitar collectionist buy overpriced guitars because their market value will go up on a few years, a 1960 Les Paul or a Pre CBS Strat Cost 1000% More and probably plays worst than an actual model. When you buy a guitar you try to mantain the price if you want to sell it (Thats its probably the case why people buys gibson and fender in place of other companies or custom guitars)

Should i get this?

There is nothing edgy or hipster about an 8 string guitar or fanned frets. Intonation and proper tension for each string is acquired through changing scale length top to bottom. Maybe you don't quite understand what being an edgy hipster is...trying to shit post on b about something you don't know about comes close

It's not bad really. I play classical guitars and the necks are just as wide. It feels no different to me but with 2 extra strings jammed in there. Not OP

For the trips, yes

Do you have a job? make decent money? If yes, ask yourself if you'd rather have the money in the bank or a nice guitar. I choose guitar every time.

how did i know it would be Tosin Abasi the second someone mentioned 8 strings

Im too broke for this, i guess I'll have to suck some dicks for cash so i wont be a fag for not delivering

Not at all. It serves several purposes. When you start adding strings and longer scale length it gets harder to intonate and maintain string tension without needing ridiculously large strings to make up the difference. It may seem flashy to you but those fanned frets and changing scale lengths help keep your string guages normal and all your octaves in tune with each other all the way down the neck. This is a problem for all guitars really so you move the saddles back and forth to fix the problem.

>Alder and maple
These woods are used cause they are cheap. What your point? Certain guitars are made for certain types of music and experienced level of player. So have fun playing your beginner country music faggot

It could of been narciso yepes

Bought my first guitar the other day. Squire Affinity Tele

Yeah its a piece of shit guitar but most of the music i listen to is recorded on shit instruments.

He played 10 string guitars...

Why spend nearly 2gs for 8 strings when you're going to only use 3

Got this beauty for 470€
Sounds great, nice for playing thrash.
Aggressive sound, and I love the shape.

Nice axe Eugene

Very good. Did you google that or an actual musician?

Check them dubs, and my pleb 6 strings with my 4 string bass....and messy ass room.

Been playing classical guitar for about 10 years.

YO GAGE WHATS UP DUDE

I am not the droid you're looking for, bruh. I very much doubt Gage has heard the bands on that Ibanez

Got both for about 500$ + amp 250$

The only relevant question is What amp are you using?

Best I can give you is $350.00.

Check out my sweet Les Paul

Na.. not worth $1900...missing the wind up handle at the bottom to make it go!!!...LOL!!!! nice looking piece of JO...go for it!

I mean do you play exclusively djent music in a professional band? $1900 is a LOT for a guitar op trust me I've been playing semi-professionally and doing repairs for about 5 years (playing for 10) and I would not put down that kind of money fot such a specialized, one trick guitar. That said it is fucking gorgeous

OP probably abandoned thread

I'm still here, you channers have got some good advice
/Thread

Nice. I'm closing in on 27. Regular guitar for 30. Yup I'm old

Do it, you can't go wrong with Ormsby.

Actually, the fanned fret is a good idea. Perry Ormsby started making his fanned fret guitars because he has arthritis or some shit like that in is wrist, so the fanned frets allow him to move his wrist more naturally