WHY DIDN'T YOU GO SEE IT?!!!

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU SEE IT Sup Forums?!!! The CGI was great, the action was amazing, the world was spectacular, and yet NONE of you went to see it?!!! And now that it's flopped, BECAUSE OF YOU, we won't see a third movie with the third war and the Rise of the Lich King!!!

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yfEw5H_LSoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5tXWY_YUi4c
jobsnhire.com/articles/43979/20160614/warcraft-movie-sequel-lich-king-confirmed-duncan-jones.htm
hollywoodreporter.com/news/legendary-sells-warcraft-china-online-902975
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the CGI was great

Someone post the neck break webm

>cherry picking one second of the movie

I did see it. My friends and I laughed our way through the whole thing in an empty theater. 10/10, would do again.

I did see it.
Probably will go again next week.

I did see it. Theater was empty.

was on a ticket to another showing though.

It's a just a typical shit forgetable summer flick based on dying game

>Seeing movie in theater more than once

Are you autistic?

youtube.com/watch?v=yfEw5H_LSoQ

No

>Getting mad about something so asinine
are you?

Nothing personel kid

But I did.

Gonna get the blu-ray too. I hope China funds the next one.

Yeah, the CG was fine. But the whole damn movie should've been CG.

Orc focused stuff was the only good stuff.

Kinda makes sense when you realise that was what Duncan had changed from the original script.

I wanna see

He was right about capeshit before it existed.

Fuck off duncan, and stop shilling your shitty movies on this board

Blizzdrones are sad human beings. Watch as they squirm and desperately empty their wallets as their franchise dies around them.

i alright bought a month of gametime after over a year free of that shit.

I'll get called a shill but,
my nephew wanted to see this so I took him and walked out way happier than I had expected.
I honestly thought it'd be a shit show but it was surprisingly good. Still wish I actually played Warcraft as a kid so that I had more background knowledge but I still enjoyed it.
I'll legit be sad if there isn't a sequel that shows some orc and human baby making after she clears her name.

BEcause its on torrents ages ago....

I saw it again today for Father's day. It was still good, but it was better in imax. The sound is supergood. I hope they make wc2 with trolls ogres zeppelin subs etc.

Wc2 was a good game

Movie was 3/5. Could have been worse but could have been better if had more humor and was more lighthearted considering that's what all Blizzard stuff is. I think there was like a handful of comments that were snicker worthy and the rest they took very seriously. Didn't know most of the characters, so dont know if they're from the game or not. Felt like what LOTR would look if it was done in China by China.

>311mil box office on a 160mil budget
>flop

???

Everyone knows that you need 2x your expenditures to not be a flop.

>what are taxes

Downloaded the telecine and saw it at home. I'm a pretty big Warcraft fan, but it was honestly not better than 4/10. The plot is not good enough for a movie, honestly. The large number of characters also weakens the movie. Again, these things are fine for a video game where the plot and the characters are a way to get you more engaged in the gameplay, but it falls flat in a movie.

Better than capeshit, sure, but that's not really much of an accomplishment.

not a flop at all it's still making bank plus you're dismissing the profits from home video and streaming. it either broke even or made a very small profit

I hope for Warcraft 2 because so many based characters step up during that time.

Also cast him Sup Forums

breaking even or a tiny profit is a huge risk to a studio. a risk they wont take again.

Ok, let's not go overboard. Better than expected? Sure. But it was too geeky for a mainstream audience. Doesn't have the appeal GoT does. I'm content if there is or isn't a sequel. It was good, but I'll probably never watch it again.

>profits from home video

Warcraft players fit the demographic of movie pirates perfectly. this movie will have massive download numbers but poor sales.

hey you fantasy geeks please weigh in on

Saw it last night. Was expecting to be disappointed, but was pleasantly surprised it wasn't total shit.

Cons:
>The scenes jumped around way too much, tries to give as much exposition as possible
>The script was, for the most part, terrible. Dialogue was often corny as hell
>"you'll always have a place here" to the half orc they only just met.
>dalaran already floating

Pros
>CGI was (for the most part) pretty good. Especially on primary orc characters
>Didn't completely butcher the lore. Most changes made to make sense within film instead of game setting.

When they start showing the fall of Arthus and rise of the Lich king, I'll be really hyped. The WC3 story is my favourite of the universe.

it was a great movie
which means Sup Forums autists will hate it
leave them be

Critics also hated it. And autists usually go against critics.

Jeff Bridges

Saw it today.

Fucking awesome movie. Perhaps exaggerated by how much I actually love WarCraft, despite not giving a shit about WoW, but whatever. Really hope for a sequel. And that director's cut.

this tbqhwyf

BASED ASIAN REVIEW
youtube.com/watch?v=5tXWY_YUi4c

I had exams

Because it looks gay as fuck and got shit reviews. Is it flopping? Id like to see an arthas movie

it was okish, some terrible pacing problems tho, and humans stood out too much next to the orcs, mak'gora was my fav part of the movie

Reminder:

>China Box Office on opening
$156 million

>US Box Office on opening
$24 million

Holy fuck that is shit

>160 M budget
>Worldwide profit= $311 M
>flop

Same. Have the rip, but I wanna see that detail more clearly again. Really enjoyed it, and still hope they can green light a sequel and let Duncan actually leave more details in.

I did see it. I couldn't stop falling asleep because it was so bad. That hasn't ever happened before.

The second movie will probably be about second war and story from Tides of Darkness. There won't be Arthas or the scourge, yet. It will probably be about defeating Guldan and Lothar dying.

1 0 Y E A R S

T O O L A T E

K
E
K

>we won't see a third movie with the third war and the Rise of the Lich King
Thank god. If they can't even get the WC1 story done correctly then why would you expect they'll do WC3 justice

Somebody post the reviewer webm.

>50 million domestic
JUST

They reported it needs to make about 400-500 million just to break even

Fuck off, the sequel is confirmed and it's going to be about the Lich King.

jobsnhire.com/articles/43979/20160614/warcraft-movie-sequel-lich-king-confirmed-duncan-jones.htm

>source:my ass

I saw it
FOR FREE

hollywoodreporter.com/news/legendary-sells-warcraft-china-online-902975

This has been known for quite a while now, user

Legendary is a chinese owned company that wasn't the real domestic

I was informed that they didn't burn Stormwind down to the ground at the end. Couldn't even get that right.

boy am I glad I saw that shit in 3D. I would have walked out after 30 mins otherwise. 3D made it look fucking UNREAL

Will get the Remux

Because they chose the most boring part of WoW lore to base their movie on.

Which version of Lothar's death will they use? I say ambush because that would make for a much more epic ending for him, after all the stunts he pulled so far

$160 million to make, Warcraft needs to earn $450 million or more to break even. ....
but if it cost $160 mill how does it need $450 mill to break even who does these maths even???

If they were unwilling to have the Horde sack Stormwind for an ending to the first movie, how would you expect them to unceremoniously ambush Lothar under a banner of truce? Duncan has no balls.

They will likely use the new canon of him "dying in honorable combat" or not dying at all.

China eats that crap like it's nothing. Not surprising since they literally eat gutter oil over there

They made "dying in honorable combat" option hardly believable, I mean the guy was wrecking everyone in this movie without breaking a sweat

The plot is terrible though.

You think theaters play movies for free?
They get almost half of the gross.

Let's not even get started on foreign gross. Studios only get a fraction of that money back.

>100% of movie ticket sales go straight to the production company
>marketing is free

When im sad i just go to warcraft torrents and feed on blizzshills tears.

160mil is just production budget. Marketing budget can go up to 100mil in some cases. Probably less than that with Warcraft. From a studio point of view, you wouldn't want to risk this much for less than 50% profit.

wrong quote

blackmoore and Durnholde Keep CONFIRMED

Hi, those 160 million dollars for a movie budget didnt fell from the sky! People who invested in the making of this movie expect their money back + profit, you have other expenses such is marketing, cinema fees, taxes tons of other shit, just try turning your brain from time to time you will feel good about yourself

You are now aware WoWfags killed this movie before it was born.

> no one challenges.

So be it. WoW is truly a cancer like no other, and all mention of it should be scrubbed from the board.

Its already made an estimated 350m

The fuck is that guy doing to the right of the camera in the foreground.

Being menaced by wasps.
The real question is, why does the guy fall like a balloon?

>already

what was i supposed to see here?
i can't find anything wrong.

>That orc next to the wall just walking in place

That's because your lack of autism

There's another one just behind the actual fight scene in the background just standing there watching everyone else.

They should have fucking start the series with Arthas plotline and start with a bang. Maybe later make prequels about this shit. Literally no one beside China care about some minor characters that appeared in the first 2 wars. Khadgar didn't even appear in Warcraft 2.

Shit, they should have made entire movie about Uther and Arthas fighting eveil for the entire first movie, only to crush the viewers by making Arthas turn evil in the sequel.

I wonder if female orcs would rape human males?

>The CGI was great

It really wasn't.

* I mean he didn't appear in Warcarft 3

Via use of aphrodisiac it's possible for any male to be raped.

>not knowing the orgin of slavs

DELET
THE MOVIE WAS WAY B-BETTER THAN YOUR S-SHITY LOTR

>I wonder if female orcs would rape human males?

This is my fetish

What were the bulk of the costs of production? Probably the CGI more than anything. The rewrite also cost them too, but there's no telling how much.

I think a sequel would cost considerably less. They have their animation kit now, and won't have to develop another. They can use assets from the first to save time and money. If they get Duncan or another competent writer, they won't need a rewrite.

I can't imagine anyone working on the film expected it to gross over half a billion dollars, and they couldn't have sunk much into marketing. It was hardly marketed. They relied on word of mouth, which has obviously failed. I doubt we'll get a sequel, but I'm saying that it would be possible to do it better and for less next time.

Yeah, I'm leaning on the "not dying at all" and basically replacing Turalyon.

>biggest video game box office ever
>flop

wat

>They reported it needs to make about 400-500 million just to break even
Hollywood accounting + producers being too scared to touch anything that isn't +$1b gold is the truth.

It literally hasn't even made any profit yet.