These are all over my garden, are they shrooms? How do I find out without trying them?

These are all over my garden, are they shrooms? How do I find out without trying them?

Notice where you broke the stem? See how it doesnt turn blue within 10-30 seconds? Its not psilocybin.

Common yard mushroom. Not poisonous but definitely not magic mushrooms, which tend to sprout in woods or meadows in subtropical climates.

Oxidation of psilocin to psilocybin is accelerated by bruising or breaking the flesh of psilocybe mushies, and that process produces a blue tint in the surrounding flesh

I have excessive experience in picking shrooms on cowfields in southeast/gulf coast texas

I live in the woods, and they kind of look like these ones

Fro what I'm reading, not all shrooms bruise blue

It's not growing out of shit? Not shooms..

They grew where there was horse shit

Cow fields in general I've always heard tend to have a good yield of psilocybin shrooms

You fucking retard, not all of them bruise blue

Smash it wait a minute if it turns blue eat it

Hell take a chance if you dont trip you'll die...
I've lived them odds my whole life

If a gilled mushroom has purplish brown to black spore prints, and the flesh bruises bluish, the mushroom in question is very likely a psilocybin-producing species.

Watching natural selection happen in real time

OP this is not semilanceata. The stem is often more crooked, more rubbery (as in not breaking like that..). The stem and cap seems to bright in colour too, although I've seen specimens lighter than this. Most are grayer though.
We need a pic from the bottom. The 'gills' should be dark, and fill a pretty decent part of the underside, they should also fix at the top of the stem, not half way down.
>pic related, although bad.
>my yield a few years ago
Your lawn is most likely not the best place for them. You want small islands of grass, not cared for, and with some moss present. Animal pastures are often a good bet, or old, unkept soccer fields and gold courses if you live close to anything like that. It should look swamplike, but with considerably less water.

Yes. These are shrooms. Not all bruise blue. Best way to confirm is to try a few. Remember though that they are less intoxicating before they are dried, so if u eat them raw you will need to eat about double what you would if they are dried. Go ahead and eat them - then post what you experience

Don't do it user. Unless your a mycologist just stay away from the fungi

I laughed so hard my wife woke up. We're now both watching for user to die.

I think you'd need about 4x the regular dose if they're not dried
That should be about 8grams worth

This. It's just too risky

These are shrooms, never pick mushrooms in the woods if you're inexperienced, psilocybe semilanceata only grow in fields anyway if thats what you're looking for

Bottom view

Also, my garden is pretty big, and sometimes I look after horses who shit on the grass

The ones in your picture are NOT psychoactive and may be poisonous. Especially if it grows on wood chips, decayed wood or anything of the sort. The forest is, believe it or not, not the right place to look. At least not for Semilanceata. You need to do some research user, this is not good if you don't even know that they need to be dark on the underside, and that's not a guarantee.
If they have the nipple-like thing on the top, (not all correct specimens have this though), bruise blue (not all do this, but if they do that's a _pretty_ good sign), have dark gills (all have this), produce black-to-brown-to-purple spores (all do this, but it's a hard estimate to make) and turn sticky and brown when wet, but light/sand coloured when alive but dry (this applies to all) and turn a bit darker when dried (not all..). As well as the gill structure of If it fills all these criteria, get a good amount (15-30 tend to be okay) and have a nice trip. If they don't, you need to find some that do, and you'll pretty much see why the first set of mushrooms you picked are NOT what you're looking for. It's hard to know from pictures.

Also, look inside these little islands of long grass, don't know what it's called in English (Swedish 'tuva' -sing. 'tuvor' -plur.)

Definitely NOT magic mushrooms, sorry user.

Oh, and that gill structure is a bit too thin, if you get what I'm saying. The gills should reach deeper towards the stem, but connect about as deep as the pictured mushroom.

Wrong, once you've found correct Semilanceata it's fairly easy to distinguish it from the wrong ones. Many similar species grow in field, but where I'm from (Sweden), the ones that are remotely possible to mistake for liberty caps aren't poisonous. That does not mean this is the case for OP, and you still need to know what you're looking for. Researching one type of mushroom does not mean you have to know shit about all mushrooms. A mycological degree is not necessary to pick Liberty caps, but a functioning brain and a good 10 people that know what they're talking about combined with pictures is pretty much a safe bet.
You don't know what you're talking about.

no clue what you're talking about fam

This is them in the garden

Well, you have an unusually well suited yard, I'll give you that. Sheep or cows are better though, your grass also looks way too low. Think 10-15cm spots of grass is a good indicator of a decent habitat. The earth should be slightly acidic. You may actually find some in your lawn, but the ones you've presented here are not what you're looking for.

and another patch

Much to close, they often hide in longer grass, and I've never seen them as tightly grouped. You usually find one or two in a spot of longer grass. Also, the stems are very rarely that strong, they're often a bit twisted or crooked.

You're a fucking dumbass.
Only Golden Teachers turn purple and it is not due to psilocybin.
Psilocybin is a defence mechanism against the cold.

OP, they look like Liberty Caps, but they are not. Liberty caps have a small nipple on the top, that's how you're sure.

Dr. Google is your friend

I have those exact same ones but they usually grow where my dog had shit and the sprinklers were on at night wouldn't eat

Let me see if I can find some good pictures, I should have a few of them still in the ground.

Nope, not all liberty caps develop the nipple, and psilocin, which is a product of psilocybin breakdown turns blue. This is confirmed by multiple sources, as well as personal experience by thousands of trippers. Don't be this fucking stupid.

The vast, vast majority do bruise blue. OP's are not psychoactive anyway.

Don't listen to this moron. Almost all active mushrooms bruise blue. The idea that Golden Teachers are the only type that does is fucking retarded.

This is the only one I found, sorry user. This is also a pretty bad example, although later confirmed to be psychoactive Semilanceata.
>brown and sticky when wet
The stem in this picture looks very thick and sturdy, but that's because this is a VERY small specimen, and with a great amount of rainfall the previous days. The underside is dark, the stem also has this kink in it, and is a lot longer than visible in that picture. This was 100% a legit liberty cap.

I've eaten about a bag full of OPs type. Don't get you sick also don't fuck you up :(

Definitely, but often in tiny areas or spots that may not be very visible to OP.

take spore prints (break the cap off the stem and leave the cap on a piece of paper covered by a mason jar in your dark closet overnight, the spores will fall onto the paper, take pictures of the mushroom including the gills on the bottom of the cap and post them on shroomery dot org. They can really help you.

OPs look a lot like these shrooms, so they possibly are.

Does OP live in Bali, like the image name suggests?

>the faggot who picked these really did himself an unservice
>cut the stems with a knife above ground
>leave more mycel in the ground so more fruit bodies can sprout
Doing it like this image lessens the yield, because one should always go back to your, considered, picked dry spots a few days later. You'll definitely find new fruitbodies.

I live in Ireland

I'd definitely say that the ones on the image are not very clear examples, if they even are liberty caps. Some other psychoactive mushrooms may look like this, that definitely don't exist in Ireland, so I'm not sure that image is a good guide. If they are liberty caps, the alive ones in the the back line are definitely NOT what you're looking for OP.
I'll share a few others of my previous yields user, hopefully you can get a better picture of what you're looking for.

.. Also, you have to remember that many images surfacing in these sorts of threads are from people asking the exact same question as you did. There are loads of pictures of unconfirmed 'liberty caps' out there that is either wrong or plain dangerous. Never eat a mushroom you're not 100% about. If anything, you'll thank me when you're not freaking out mid-trip, thinking a small amount was dangerous.
>magic mushrooms are known for digestive system irritation, don't think that feelings of nausea or gas means it's dangerous
>if you hurl, you're fine either way, but if you continue vomiting for a longer period of time get medical attention
>small amounts of 'bad' mushrooms will probably not kill you, or hurt you beyond vomiting
This is of course speaking of the ones you can mistake for liberty caps, other species may kill you pretty consistently without medical attention, but they're very rarely mistaken for magic mushrooms.
>most of the ones you can mistake for semilanceata does absolute jack shit

Clearly this post didn't say you should SOLELY identify it by bruising you absolute dickwad.

the decayed wood is exactly where this grows!!

I hate coming to fucking Sup Forums to correct people. But you sir are a moron. Golden Teacher is a strain of P.Cubensis... all Cubensis in my experience turn blue. Psilocybin and Psilocin are the two active ingredients. Studies suggest psilocin is the active metabolite of psilocybin.

Where is op living atm?

You're going to be looking for Dung or woodchips... most active shrooms grow on either.

I will also refer you to shroomery. They will keep you from getting killed by the Sup Forumsros that don't have a clue what they are talking about.