Guys, I know why soccer progress has stalled so much in the US. I know how to fix it, but I won't reveal that here now

Guys, I know why soccer progress has stalled so much in the US. I know how to fix it, but I won't reveal that here now.

What I will reveal, to my fellow Americans and the world, is why we don't produce good soccer players.

>>>>Soccer scouts only go to high income neighborhoods to scout soccer players.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sZaiLofnOOU
theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jun/01/us-soccer-diversity-problem-world-football
businesswire.com/news/home/20160511006210/en/El-Clásico-beIN-SPORTS-Dominates-Ratings-Claiming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youth athletes often grow up with a chip on their shoulders
base salary in the NFL and MLB is really high
it's virtually impossible to get drafted by NBA, and MLS doesn't pay, it just flat out doesn't
NHL is another way for poor kids to get a chance at escaping poverty, but it's also very hard to get and stay in the league

so you have MLB and NFL as the two most popular sports in the country and the best paying; honestly more kids are willing to try getting on those rosters than they ever will for MLS, unless salaries quadruple

>sickening
it's literally not. It was all in good humour. These high and mighties think their shit don't smell. The crippled had the time of his life for once by having fun.

Strong case of tl;dr in here

>What I will reveal, to my fellow Americans and the world, is why we don't produce good soccer players.
And what a reveal that is.

>they waste their talents away by learning a trade and living through that trade for the rest of their life.
Sounds like those people aren't dumb.

>it's virtually impossible to get drafted by NBA
If you're more than 7 feet it's actually incredibly likely. Aren't like, 20% of Americans over 7 feet pro bball players of some insane stat like that?

>our soccer team sucks because poor minorities don't play it!

lol, are you a freshman in high school or something OP. Your simplistic bullshit theory needs a lot of work, it's much more complicated than that

That is a really old argument that while valid, doesn't fully explain the scope of the problem like my post does. I can say we each cover 50% of the problem in getting good soccer players.

To properly address your post though; Player in these inner-city schools aren't really looking at the MLS for soccer inspiration, but Europe where their league are far superior than ours.

Just read the greentext. That's basically why we're so behind in soccer.

>And what a reveal that is.
It is when people keep wondering why we have such a shit soccer team compared to South America and Europe.

that's a common misconception
there comes to a point where a players' height isn't a good indicator of success in the league
you still have to be an athlete and a good shot to play basketball

>people keep wondering why we have such a shit soccer team compared to South America and Europe.
I don't think anybody wonders that when your best players in history are Reyna, Donovan and Dempsey.

I'm 27, not lucky enough to have had the opportunity to watch high level European soccer when I was in middle school because those matches were never available.

And yes, a lot of poor minorities in cities right now are better than the players we display in the national team.

Tell that to Sim Buhlar or Bryant "Big Country" Reeves.
I know basketball takes skill but some very unskilled, unathletic big men have played at the highest level.

>I don't think anybody wonders that
People do wonder that when we have a population of 320 million and can't compete with nations with 1% of our population in the World Cup.

No, we don't. Per capita is a meme.

It's almost like you have half a dozen more popular sports funneling talent while football is the #1 sport in those countries.

You suck at it because

>no football culture
>shit league system
>shit (non existent?) football academies

>muh "banter"

they're "superior" in a few countries, sure
but if young athletes have no incentive to pursue soccer, the sport will stay small here
there was a recent article about how pit crews are made up of college athletes, not car enthusiasts or race fans, but by team players who are physically fit and are accustomed to grueling practices / high pressure situations
for all you know, some famous athletes might have been exceptional soccer players with that same idea in mind....but we'll never know because nobody here cares enough

and honestly does America have to dominate in every sport? can't central and south americans crush us in one sport without it bothering you?
>On April 2, 2015, Bhullar signed a 10-day contract with the Sacramento Kings.
he got called up like many d-league players do during the season and was a walk-on with like zero stats
what are you suggesting, exactly?

So I take it you live in the US or are just going to comment as an outsider? This is first hand experience, outside of common things foreigners say like:
...that while true, it doesn't explain why the really good players we have right now aren't playing professionally.

>soccer is a huge with hispanics here, and we have a ton of them, as well as whites and blacks who are friends with them
>while true, nothing stops them from being exported, something you should know something about
>see OP

I'm suggesting Bhullar is only one of many unskilled big men that got playing time in the best basketball league in the world simply by being a big fuck.
I wasn't saying that being tall automatically makes you good at basketball, just that it makes it likely you will get the opportunity to play at high level.

he played for less than two minutes over the course of ten games, user
he got the opportunity to play at a high level because of his performance against some notoriously well coached D-League teams
youtube.com/watch?v=sZaiLofnOOU

Nigga it's your own observation, I don't give a shit that you think your inner city players could beat the Slovenian NT because you saw them play well, that has no value.

Football being the 3rd wheel of American pro sports is a cold hard fact. If a kid can run fast in Yurp, he'll get put into football, the same kid in the US is geared towards handegg.

>the really good players we have right now

you don't. Did they learn a dozen different ways to shoot the ball? Did they take extensive training sessions just for shooting, dribbling and passing techniques at 8yo? They didn't, shit every kid here learns in futsal schools and you have no idea about. You are American, you don't know what a good young player looks like.

Yep, let's focus on that one guy and not the ton of other examples that exist who played a decade in the league.
Let's forget about the Chris Dudleys and Shawn Bradleys of the world becaus Sim Bhullar didn't get enough PT to be notable.

it's more about your build, initially, not your speed

OH SHIT WISCONSIN INTERCEPTION

>you don't.
You're a moron if you really think players like Bobby Wood, Altidore, Jones or Beckerman is some of the best we have to offer from this country. Though our federation is probably more retarded for letting this happen.

Also I did some quick Google research and it seems others did good work covering this issue.

theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jun/01/us-soccer-diversity-problem-world-football

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's a sport for women and children

>The difference is as simple as Brazilian children dribbling balls on the streets as they walk to school while American kids lug balls in bags, only pulling them out once they reach the field for a practice or game.
That guy should stop watching Captain Tsubasa

Soccer in north america has stalled because the most vocal part of the north american fanbase are leftarded SJW faggot numale types and who the fuck wants to join a sport where THAT is the fanbase.

-Football: American Rednecks
-Hockey: Canadian Rednecks
-Basketball: Urban blacks
-Baseball: Snobs and Latin Americans
-Soccer: Sensitive numale feminist homosexuals

yea, you've got your work cut out for you

You should try moving outside your comfort zone once in a while. There is more to soccer than just "SJWs"

businesswire.com/news/home/20160511006210/en/El-Clásico-beIN-SPORTS-Dominates-Ratings-Claiming

You're fucking retarded or illiterate, maybe both.

This coming from a Canadian doesn't mean much.

I always thought the "fans against racism" banners were hilarious at soccer games
cuz then security guards would still single out mexican fans at games

Dude, football is not about shitty tricks and doing some FIFA Street shit

You'll feel the same if you go to Japan

>football is not about shitty tricks and doing some FIFA Street shit
I don't know where you got that impression. Football is a team sport, not one where you get the ball and rush towards the goal with the ball until you lose it to defenders. Then you just stand there, never making an effort to recover the ball. Or did I just describe you?

it is the same in Italy. when poor people was more into football, we produced better players so OP is right for me.
the same is for music: a lot of grest music in the past was produced by working class people, see the Beatles or Black Sabbath.

You're the first sane person in this thread I've come across. Where do I find more people like you?

there was an earthquake so under the rubble, I guess

usually you can find us at homeless dens, cheap bars or crack houses ;)

kek

it's funny because here in europe is the exact opposite: working class loves football and hipsterish people loves american sports

If you keep calling it soccer, US football will never have global appeal. People don't appreciate that shit

Australia gets away with it

Australia isn't a real country

>Yet those professionals don't compare to a lot of the good players I see in person playing for inner-city schools
that's because they play against other scrubs, while the NT plays against pros. I knew loads of guys that seemed like Messi as long as they were amateurs but as soon as they get semipro they look averega as fuck. I knew one guy that played for Inter youths and looked super talented but after a year he was sent back to play in SerieC. One guy from the town was in the U19 National team and now plays semipro, you underestimate how good even the worst professionals are

you probably saw that, professionally the pitch is bigger, the situation is overral different than a friendly match between your mates

Honestly the people more invested in footbal i know are often the poorer, less educated ones because being a pro footballer is theyr only way to avoid working in a facotry

t-thanks for calling 'merica a real country

NCAA system doesn't serve for football. Academy system is more effective to produce footballers.

That's true of people here too, especially with the NFL or NBA. Not a frace thing either, there are plenty of southern and midwestern whites that basically peak in high school football.

About soccer though, one thing my fellow US posters never realize is that it's a skill sport as much as an athleticism sport. Ronaldo is a great athlete but Messi probably sucks at the 40, 100m, bench press, etc. But he's been kicking that fucking ball since he could walk. Our main issue isn't "the athletic black kids don't play" it's that our coaching and development for the average 5'9-160lb suburban white kid sucks.

fucking hell England

>Our main issue isn't "the athletic black kids don't play"

The main issue is that athletic and talented Hispanic AND Black kids don't get noticed by the pro scouts. The ones with raw talent, but only need to be refined for pro play. Paying AT LEAST $3,500 to be part of a league on top of attending practice when both your parents need you to contribute financially to the family is challenging, an issue I've been trying to highlight in this thread.

>it's that our coaching and development for the average 5'9-160lb suburban white kid sucks.
Coaching can only do so much if you're not talented. Dempsey and Donovan are rare examples, but you don't think there are talented whites out there that can't be pro because of their limited financial situation?

The US could start by training better coaches/ have a better licensing stream for coaching licenses.

The material in their courses is TERRIBLE.

If you think inner city kids watch European soccer you're on drugs my man

Soccer is shit

Soccer is, like, the fifth wheel behind football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and hell probably even nascar. Not to mention college football and basketball which are just as big as their pri counterparts in certain parts of the country.

Most Americans don't watch soccer in any capacity at all.

>the Beatles or Black Sabbath.
Kys

Why do we still demand that the best players go to college and get drafted, when to make soccer a more desirable sport for youth, we could tell them that they can go to Europe and make a very decent amount of money AND have the chance to play against much better opposition and gain more skill?

No >we don't. Soccer is a fucking meme here that is only played by wogs.

British people spoke with an American accent back in colonial times. Now they say we sound unsophisticated.

British people invented the word soccer. Now they say we sound stupid when we say it.

Fuck off Dad.

dumb spot anyway who care??

Tbh

desu

>povertyball
>only scout rich kids

y'all need to find some street urchins who played bare foot in gravel

You're not sane. You sound like a libtard with your poverty and minority fetishing. And then you post a Guardian article.

it has nothing to do with any of that you delusional faggot

soccer is a girls sport here. thats it

>handicapped bystander
>bystander

They're just chanting the truth though. I don't see why it's sickening.

Isn't soccer a rich white people sport in your country? I read it was very expensive to have your kid play in club. Here it's 70€ per year

>The best players go to inner-city schools and I've seen them in person. And the worst part is because these people play soccer for fun, are good at it, but don't bother trying to become pro they waste their talents away by learning a trade and living through that trade for the rest of their life.

Or in other words, they go doopin' mental, but don't really give a crud

Its played in the Fall, which is the same season as US football.

Kids can't do both. Therefore, the people who participate are kids who cannot make the football team, the few who don't care for football, and women

>he doesn't know about FEN and the other fake footy journos

I meet with them all the time. You're a moron if you don't think American inner city players who play soccer don't follow famous players like Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar and their games.

>The US could start by training better coaches/ have a better licensing stream for coaching licenses.

And then those people start coaching kids from high-income areas and the result are the same. The poor kid who has played soccer his entire life because it runs in their family (LEGAL immigrants, Sup Forums) won't get the benefit of what you're proposing.

Who cares about winning? Winners do, not conformists like you.

That's exactly what I'm saying. We can't compete with you on the football development department because it's too expensive to get noticed here.

Some soccer scouts came to my city this year and they only advertised withing high-income schools, no inner-city schools. I only found out about after they left. Otherwise I would have notified my local HS (The one I graduated from 9 years ago) about it.

I think most people who have responded so far aren't as passionate nor informed as you on this topic. Most of the replies here have been copy-paste replies I've seen numerous times before.

Only rich kids play hockey.

>be me
>basketball and soccer all through youth
>back yard football
>too poor for hockey, lacrosse, organized football, etc.
>be good at basketball and soccer, taller than everyone growing up
>hit high school
>peak at 6'
>gain 45 lbs
>no longer good at basketball and soccer
>join football
>win states
>mom says "you need a spring sport or you get a job!"
>join lacrosse cause tennis and baseball are for pussies
>win conference championship
>play ncaa football and lax in college
>now currently playing semi pro football and head coach of a division 2 college