/who/ - Doctor Who General

Black Orchid edition

What does /who/ think of Black Orchid?
Do you enjoy pure historicals?
Should the new series do more historicals?

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YVwAeL6tjkA
instagram.com/p/BGujR5_IXjs/
obversebooks.co.uk/product/a-target-for-tommy/
mobile.twitter.com/blairbidmead/status/722476330185551873
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Rayner
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Kal is no leader

Reminder that Eldrad must live

Reminder this guy got BTFO

It's not gay if they regenerate into a woman
but is it gay if they regenerate back

I wonder how this dude felt when he was revealed to be Davros in the opening sting before the episode even began proper. He must have spent the entire opening credits mad as heck

damn he got rekt harder than Shonafags

He's a fogey who yells empty threats at Tories and still thinks Marxism has any chance of becoming popular again. Not hard to tell off.

So why does 5 have the most meh stories? Awakening, Visitation, Frontios, Terminus, Four to Doomsday, King's Demons, Planet of Fire.

hi gareth

>Visitation, Frontios
These are not meh

They're as meh as Graham loves to jack off to Karl Marx. When was the last time anybody ever said Frontios was their favorite story of that The Visitation was something they'd show to casuals?

what projects are you currently working on, gareth?

>Four to Doomsday
>meh

Morning /who/ will always be comfier and better than any other /who/ because monganon is sleeping.

Well it's not exactly memorable, either.

On a New Series Adventure where the Twelve hangs out with Sarah Jane and resolves all of that Sky shit from the fifth season, but then Clyde gets killed by a Zygon.

WHAT IS THIS HAHAHAHA

Does anybody else fill the Who-sized hole in their heart with Orphan Black?

I haven't watched any of S4 yet

Will the Ask Steven column finally return in the next Doctor Who Magazine? I want more bantz and Moffsplaining.

chronological user here.

you know its a virgin novel when a characters been beaten and molested!

We need new guest stars. Like, real big names.

>implying Matt Lucas's Nardole isn't big enough

I meant playing a real role. Not someone making noises. Just listen to that.

youtu.be/YVwAeL6tjkA

go to bed kylie you had your time

I know it's an unpopular choice but Black Orchid is my second favorite 5th story (after Androzani).
I loved the way that the Doctor was just a sightseer, the events would've probably all turned out exactly the same whether he was there or not.
The fact that there was no massive universe threatening disaster or paranormal/alien mystery behind everything was a nice change of pace and doesn't happen often enough in the show.

I want to be gangbanged by all the Doctor's and their various timedicks.

instagram.com/p/BGujR5_IXjs/

I agree. Is there an episode comfier?

Plus the infamous Nyssa mastermind headcanon makes it all a lot better.

pretty good, karen

Reminds me of the guy who said he would punch his tv if the Statue of Liberty was a Weeping Angel.

>black orchid is pure historical
>plot hinges on their being a tardis

I liked the episode but felt the inclusion of the Tardis detracted from it being a pure historical

I'd like them to do a historical where the doctor keeps on thinking there is some alien involvement but just turns out to be regular humans (like it can be a running joke)

>implying Historicals will ever return to tv

Top comfy. It feels fitting that they did a pure historical since the Davison Era was in many ways Hartnell 2.0.

I know where to get it, if you want it.

What?

Cats, cloister and the time wasting troll are asleep, you mean.

The troll is awake!

Davison in general often felt like a young Hartnell. I liked him

>time wasting troll
Mong-user/kiddo user yes.

>I'd like them to do a historical where the doctor keeps on thinking there is some alien involvement but just turns out to be regular humans (like it can be a running joke)
There's a great episode of Torchwood

>tfw the Doctor is gonna have to put up with both Bill and Nardole, a never ending questioner and a straight up retard

it's gonna be GOAT

>This world is not what you think it is. You must wake up! Doctor!

The Doctor, Bill and Nardole land on the Proxima Centauri planet, where they find out people are taking a "Joy" pill. When the Doctor and Nardole are both forced to take the drug, they start feeling better and see the world in an utopian way and they even want to stay here. Bill is their only chance, but can she save them in this town where everyone is looking for her?

Reminder Peter Davison says that Terrance Dudley just took a shitty old script he'd written in the past and just added the Doctor and crew in, badly.
Source - The Life and Scandalous Times of JNT, is one source.

Snide user is angry and butthurt.
This is not the first Saturday morning he's woken up with a sore arse, though.
Booooffffff!

Terrance Dudley - Four to Doomsday, Black Orchid, The King's Demons, K-9 and Company.

Appalling writer.

Basically the same idea as the Morphoton section of The Keys of Marinus.

I haven't seen the "reminder new Faction Paradox" user in a while. Are the books out, or?

Still no idea bookanon's source on that. There's nothing on Obverse

I went back in time and killed his grandfather.

I think he was hoaxing. I've seen nothing anywhere about those except for that guy who posted those pics every day.

Could be GOAT. I like seeing Twelve get p!ssed off.

More or less what happens in one the Diary of River Song stories.

Goddammit I got all hype for nothing.

Obverse has been acting like the range is dead. I should submit a story idea

Correction: LEGENDS of River Song.

I went back to before the other user and raped his grandmother. Inseminated her with trollcum.

DANNY NO

>tfw Orson hit Danny with a car as part of his induction to Faction Hollywood

Which of those hacks ripped off The Keys of Marinus. Colgan?

I would like to see a pure historical, especially when I think new who tries to have too many elements in a story.

Do you think we could ever get a pure historical in the current climate which would not depict a false version of history so that millenial special snowflakes wont get upset?
Sounds like trolling but it isn't. Except the 'special snowflake' part....

I guess you guessed correctly m8.

pretty much, It's a shame we won't get a tv story like the 'Council of Nicea' or 'The Manarin Conspiracy'

They don't even have to be 'pure' just be about the history. Thats why I liked human nature, you really got a sense of the time.

Moffat said in DWM awhile back he had an idea for a historical but wasn't sure if he was ever going to use it. He could whip it out for his last series I guess.

Looking at asBill and Nardole - we're fucked.

Why couldn't we get a historical with them?

An historical doesn't have to be 'famous event' or 'meets famous person', in fact, those are limiting parameters as history is unlikely to change.
A story in an historical setting can be many more things.
Murder mystery. Heist caper. Bodice ripper. Travelogue. Etc.
But there is no appetite for this kind of storytelling as far as I can see.
It's wacky 'Bill and Ted' or 'Back to the Future' stuff, in case viewers get 'bored' with a strong story which doesn't rely on an alien or wacky historical figure.

hi troll

Great banter m8. For a fucking moron.

there is much more stuff on their facebook page

can't link though because Sup Forums won't let me post that.

they also recently announced an unofficial Doctor Who short story anthology there.

obversebooks.co.uk/product/a-target-for-tommy/

You can copy and paste the information.

>L M Miles is writing for Obverse
>dropped forever

>I'm halfway through editing Blair's book just now, though it's so enjoyable to read that it's turning into more of a proofing than editing exercise. Then it's onto Dale's book!

You expect us to believe this shite m8?

kind of, yeah

Bad luck. It seems like total bollocks.

fair enough

This is how you do this, m8....
mobile.twitter.com/blairbidmead/status/722476330185551873

The Dale Smith one was supposed to be out in 2015, so something is not right here, whatever is going on.

bad CGI aside, did /who/ like The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People?

the editing is worse than the cgi. last time I saw it I swear there were scenes that were out of order

i've only seen it once and can't really remember much outside from the twist ending desu

Also the Doctor switcheroo thing was lazy writing. They had the Doctor act really out of character (be threatening towards Amy) so that her and the audience would think it's the ganger and then at the end they go "lol we switched, youre bad for judging me on false assumptions :^)"

Jacqueline Rayner.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Rayner

I'm fine with asBill. Obviously, she's nowhere near as qt as Clala but, according to critics and viewers of her West End show, sounds like she's a GOAT actress.

Not sure about Matt Lucas, wasn't a fan of Little Britain and, apart from that, I've only seen him play forgettable Nardhole.

>I'm fine with asBill. Obviously, she's nowhere near as qt as Clala but, according to critics and viewers of her West End show, sounds like she's a GOAT actress.
He likes candy!

Yeah that's a shame. Jac is better than this normally.

No, it was garbage. Who's ever heard of an "acid mine" for a start.

did you mean to reply to me?

it's part of the ongoing strand about TRF but i did click the wrong post

apology accepted

not in YA novel/short story form she isn't. They tend to be fanficy lightweight crap compared to her audios

OK you scantimonious arrogant prick.

>tfw still not a writer for BF

twas just a joke, kiddo-poster

Hey it's trollanon folks!

go away monganon

but congratulations on destroying the impetus of topic again