/dark electronic/

Gonna try to make some generals on occasion about more obscure genres. Let's have a dark electronic thread. Shit like dark ambient, industrial, ebm, noise, that stuff. Listening to this right now
youtube.com/watch?v=4WwQGwX_hr8&t=7s
fuck this guys shit is so good. His other album is amazing as well, but I think this is better. A bit less 2spooky and more textural.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WlUH-ljj01o
youtube.com/watch?v=vnovB0XqIzs
youtube.com/watch?v=9WyOTITVXFY
youtube.com/watch?v=VkRGqBu0Gko
youtube.com/watch?v=JBBaLN2DaGU
youtube.com/watch?v=7IlD-egueYs
youtube.com/watch?v=z9pU3JsKWd4
youtube.com/watch?v=ccNW4tIEByo
youtube.com/watch?v=xKuWk3268g0
youtube.com/watch?v=m7Knc3l8l9o
youtube.com/watch?v=-CsLOEAgXB4
youtube.com/watch?v=APTsVA5QDT0
youtube.com/watch?v=oOBsYLRtXX8&list=PL8FB75EBB349E490C
youtube.com/watch?v=X3sJe8sE4n4
youtube.com/watch?v=P9jVTERqov4
youtube.com/watch?v=4UoDmB3v28k
youtube.com/watch?v=pVRTOH8pAzQ&list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ3vKSCoeaEuSgWWdB2gntZb
youtube.com/watch?v=odRG-3XrPc4
youtube.com/watch?v=lX6d6Y7XRyY
youtube.com/watch?v=hfpo3P7fhLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that is a good album.

This is a thread i can get behind

Those are a fuck ton of albums. Mind at least putting the genre tags?

youtube.com/watch?v=m7Knc3l8l9o
posting another dark ambient classic.

svarte greiner-dark ambient
Mohammad -drone
deaf center - dark ambient
kreng - dark ambient
i dunno, spooky shit but has a beat
etat brut- early industrial
demdike stare-dark ambient
raime- broody ambient-ish
kerridge- most of his stuff is abrasive beat type stuff

nice, ill check out some of this stuff

also looking for industrial stuff to check out. This is my favorite industrial album, any recs?

i don't know a ton about industrial really but check out lustmords early stuff if you haven't
youtube.com/watch?v=-CsLOEAgXB4

also Ghedalia Tazartes has a few things that might interest you but not all his musi cis crazy like this
youtube.com/watch?v=APTsVA5QDT0

also check out the etat brut link above. thats really all i can think of atm

cool man, thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=oOBsYLRtXX8&list=PL8FB75EBB349E490C

more good stuff

Check out Chance Meeting on a Dissection Table... by Nurse with Wound if you haven't already.

youtube.com/watch?v=X3sJe8sE4n4

The etat album is pretty damn good, thanks for reccing.

Opinions on Lustmord? I think he's an overrated hack.

he's a legitimately good sound designer. his music isnt as worlds ahead of every other dark ambient artist as its often made out to be but he has some good albums

glad you liked it

I fucking love this track to death

youtube.com/watch?v=P9jVTERqov4

Idk, all his shit sounds the same to me. The only album I've ever liked of his is the Robert Rich Collab, and that's more because Robert Rich is good than Lustmord is good. I've listened to Heresy, Metavoid, and [B E Y O N D ] (which was hyper trash btw) and it all sounds like cliched garbage, borrowing tropes from each other. It sounds like he invented every bad dark ambient cliche in the book, and his music does not deviate from that. Listening to Where the Black Stars Hang right now, sounds like any of his other albums, I really just don't get the appeal unless dark ambient is a totally new genre for you.

his stuff is certainly very similar. it is often pretty basic i agree but i dont think its horrible. he probably did inspire loads of bad dark ambient artists but thats not entirely his fault. im not really trying to ultra defend him, i just dont think he's pure shit. i do get why in this day and age some people might see him as tiresome though

youtube.com/watch?v=4UoDmB3v28k

youtube.com/watch?v=pVRTOH8pAzQ&list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ3vKSCoeaEuSgWWdB2gntZb
almost everything by shlohmo

I mean I get that he invented all of these cliches, I really do. It just it feels cliched even thought he predates the cyro chamber shit we have now (which is essentially all lustmord worship). An example of this from a totally unrelated genre is Textures. Textures invented most of the djent cliches we have now, and is the reason the whole djent scene craze took on steam. However even in like 2004, the still sound generic as a band, despite inventing that sound. I guess what I'm saying is the fact that you invented something does not inherently make you immune to sounding generic in that style. I guess I blame Lustmord for a lot of the shitty dark ambient we have now, maybe that's affecting me from enjoying his music. I do see how he would be a perfect starting point for someone who is totally alien to the genre though. He was basically my starting point, along with Enemite.

i mean, thats pretty much fair. he is a very generic starting point for sure. i just don't think you can help it if a million people copy your sound and make it trash. i do like his really early industrial stuff though.

>i do like his really early industrial stuff though.
I should definitely check that out. I guess i can't really blame him per say, but I still see that in his music and don't like it. Also I mean, it's just kinda boring in general desu.

again, fair enough. i wont argue that. also check out the etat brut link from here if you want early industrial cuz i think they are way better.

Im the dude who said it was cool, lol. I love that kind of industrial.
>no argument
fug

oh hah. well then.

been listening to this a lot lately, sorta power electronics meets minimal wave. also Coil - Musick to Play in the Dark and Nitzer Ebb - That Total Age
youtube.com/watch?v=odRG-3XrPc4

any recs for music like this?

funny you mention them. i almost posted this earlier
youtube.com/watch?v=lX6d6Y7XRyY

guess i should also mention they have a side project November Növelet. so that

and maybe this
youtube.com/watch?v=hfpo3P7fhLU

also also if you haven't listened to stones throw's label minimal waves tapes comps you should check those out even though they don't really fit this thread

>tfw this is actually better than Times of Grave
Holy shit Neurosis memed themselves so hard.