What's up Sup Forums

What's up Sup Forums.
Oldfag here needing a job for the holidays, and I'm about to pick up work at Amazon warehouse.
Used to work as a loader at FedEx warehouse, was one of the top workers there but quit so I could go to school for a while.

Looking for people who have worked at Amazon to fill me in on how similar it is to other package handler jobs.

Yo somebody needs to check my triple dubs.

Bumping with t n a

Been at amazon since June with a temp agency. Got hired as a picker. Only wanted a job for a couple months to get some extra cash for a little vacation but it turns out I ended up being one of the best pickers in the building. They then promoted me to a coach after 2 months, where i go and deliver write ups to people who are doing bad and positive feedbacks to people who are doing good and I go around trying to help them understand the job better. I just got promoted to assistant shift manager 2 weeks ago and I start that on sunday.

Oh wow nice work bro, just what I needed to hear.

I'm gunning for a position like yours, they felt stupid at FedEx when I left and they hadn't promoted me. They even told me they wanted to promote me but I was burned out at the time from carrying half the loaders on my side lol.

Peak season is going to fucking suck just to let you know. You going to work with some of the smelliest stupidest niggers on the planet, not to mention the ones from jail on work release. Do you know what position you're getting?

It was basically the same at FedEx so I'll probably manage. And hey if it's shit then I'll just find another job.
I'm looking at the regular handler position, I don't know if Amazon has diff job titles than other package handler jobs.

You got Receive Dock, Outbound Dock, Transship, Packing, Picking (taking items from the shelves and sending them to the packing area), Stowing (putting items on the shelves), There people that just handle the thousands of big yellow totes all day and replace them in the aisles. Among a few others. Since you are getting hired at peak season you are most likely going to be either a picker or a stower. Not quite the normal package handling that you did at Fedex

Many people can't handle the fast pace that they have to keep up with. We fire a handful of people a day who just can't cut it. If your numbers fall below 100% for the week then they will write you up. 100% is the bare minimum, the people that stay keep their numbers at 150%+

its just cardboard bro

>needs advice on handling packages
ask your mom

youll be fine, if youve loaded at fedex then you should already be aware of what youre getting into

Its possible amazon working conditions are better then ups and fedex

depending if you get that position. If you're picking or stowing you won't handle cardboard at all. Pickers are constantly walking, 20 miles+ a day. 10 hour shifts. Bro, I lost 35lbs in 2 months when I was picking. For the first 2 weeks my feet and legs hurt like fuck.

Temp... to Management.

Bullshit.

Nice going user. I think that's how Jeff Bezos started out at Amazon, then worked his way up just like you.

Management with the temp agency...yes. It happened. Deal with it, faggot

Worked at one of the bigger warehouses in Europe during holiday season.
Amazon as a company is fine i guess, they do say it's going to be a lot of work and they hide behind teamwork and "having fun".
It's 10 hour shifts and you'll be on your feet for those 10 hours without much time for a break.

The pay isn't bad either. But if you're doing any walking.. prepare for blisters from amount 20 miles a day and by the end of your first full work week you're going to have a challenge keeping up.
Either it's way too busy and you'll be drained or there is not enough to do and they just send you home or fire you as soon as they can because you're not performing to their demands.
Personally I was okay with it, but you'll always work either with someone weird or you'll have no human contact your entire shift.

I just started working last week as a stower. Its not bad as long as you can handle being on your feet all day. Most of the people around here are chill but you are held to a certain level of expectancy..stowing isnt ad fast paced as picking but there are a whole lotnof strict rules to how you have to stow. And if youre a stower sometimes you have to work in Case, which is stowing out of boxes instead of totes, and its a whole lot of bullshit about 85% of the time but its not that bad. I walk around 15 miles a day

You're a new kind of retarded aren't you.

Whats the buy out hours? How much did your pay rate go up?

I deal with shitty niggers on temp like you daily. You're a dime a dozen and no company promotes you THROUGH the agency.

>no company promotes you THROUGH the agency.
I have no idea what this even means. Like I said I'll be assistant shift manager for the temp agency at amazon. You are making it out to a bigger deal than it is. I was just explaining to OP my experience. It's some glorious promotion. But I did go from walking 20 miles a day picking making $12/hr to doing administrative work sitting in the office doing the paper work making 15/hr

Correction
>its not some glorious promotion

in 4 months btw. and I'm respected by all the Amazon managers who see my work ethic. When my time is up with the temp agency, I get to automatically convert to an amazon employee and I wil get more opportunities because I know the managers.

What's your prod?

>once your time is up

You do know they can buy you out at anytime and make you official.

>I guess they dont feel as strongly about you as you think.

This. my contract got bought as soon as I became eligible (90 days minimum )
t. Was temp lead at target distribution

You sounds salty as fuck

>they
whoever you're talking about, this just isn't true. Once you have worked 320 hour with the temp agency you have an option to convert to an amazon employee. The temp agency shift manager comes up to me one day while i was picking and asked if I wanted to be a coach and there is a raise involved so I took it. Now They're making me assistant shift manager. When I convert to amazon I have to go back to being a picker making less money...So what the fuck would you do?

being a picker the bare minimum rate is 100 units picked per hour. The benchmark that they want everyone at is 115 units an hour (or 288 units per quarter) (4 quarters in a day, obviously) I was doing on average 180-215 units an hour.

What about outbound? Have anything called depal? I'm assuming your picker is what we call carton air, you print labels and go up in the air with a cage cart and pick from the aisles

I did packing for two nights and quit.

It didn't help that the coaches would just yell at you constantly. If I asked a question I would just get looked at like I was retarded or some shit.

I would have liked picking a lot more. Packing would have fucked my back over.

no, picking is outbound. You walk around with a cart with buckets on it. You take items off the shelves and put them in your bucket. When the bucket is full you put it on the conveyor that goes up to the packing area

Ah ok yeah its similar. Basically the same thing different method. I work in outbound at a target DC for 2 1/2 years now. What job functions can you pick from? We have trailer loading obviously. Door closer, sort non conveyable, mezz operator and depal

You don't get to pick your job. Amazon will put you whereever they need people. When they do the mass hires, they will mainly hire for Pick, Pack, Stow, or AFE. If you do good in any of those then you have the option to move to the Dock Crew or fork lift operator and shit like that.

and if you don't do good in the job they put you in, then they will just keep writing you up til you get terminated

Oh that sucks. If I had to do the same thing 12 hours 3 days straight I'd go crazy. What's your schedule like? Our "pickers" prod is 180 an hour I think or 2160 for the night

He founded amazon, he was the top from the beginning.

spoiler alert:
Amazon can and chooses to convert temp employees into regular employees.

Sources: me

10 and a half hour shifts with 2 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch. I have the best schedule Sun-Wed. 6-4:30am. When I get the Admin position it'll be 5:15-4am.

are you at the CVG chain of warehouses?

incorrect. Amazon can buy you early. You're a fucking slave nigger.

What would I do?

I'll continue to be a Manager and never sink so low to be a worthless temp

its called a fullfillment center i dont know what cvg is

I work at Amazon, but at that the corporate offices in Seattle. AMA

you're just retarded. Thats all the time I got, I'm going to go play poker. Eat shit, faggot

Truth hurts huh nigger.

Enjoy your pathetic dead end low paying job cycle

they name their fulfillment centers phonetically you fucking fake. IE: CVG 1 is clothing and apparel, CVG 2 is electronics and appliances.

you would know if you actually worked at amazon you fuck

What do you do there

you don't know what phonetically means.

implying I would tell you

Oh so you don't know either.

I worked for amazon for 1 holiday season, I would not go back ever again. I felt like a slave, I worked more than i was home. That works for some people but not for me, I have a life and i like to live it. You'll probably start off as a picker or a packer and if you keep up your service rate they may move you around . By the end of the season i was trained in pack, stow , ship sort, and the trailer check in (i forget the name) the competition is very low, mostly people who speak bad english or just grimey people im general. Also prepare to work thanksgiving, black friday, christmas eve and christmas and if you dont then Fuck you , your fired. They also Use Chinese overtime to fuck you out of a couple hundred bucks a week . (an example would be ; You work Wed / Thurs / Fri/ Sat/ for week one then Sun / mon/ teus/ week 2 ) 7 days straight , but they set up the schedule so it is split into 2 checks. i did the math and it was roughly about $200 per week they were screwing me. idfk good luck buddy