"This is badly written"

"This is badly written"

"It's so well written!"

What does this even mean? Is this the laziest way in the english language to sound intelligent while saying something is good or bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319885
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1340870
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>English without a capital letter
This is badly written desu.

post it

I know several languages and never have I read a critique with something being well written or not, except in english.

Use big words

You don't even have to use big words. Just get in more detail

God the writing is so garbage. Like wtf does that mean. You are saying storyline aren't great. But that is subjective. The quality of writing appearently isn't.

Like...sharp writing. That means nothing.

that has nothing to do with english itself

being well written means readability
as in don't use too many big words and long on sentences and such

I mean critiqueing a movie or a videogame.

I use this as an example
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319885
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1340870

oh that's story telling/narrative
you just got to know the lingo
man

>you just got to know the lingo
>man

How about the lingo being absolut bullshit?

>can't understand basic English
The movie/book/game has a story which someone wrote. If that person wrote it well, it was well written, if not then it was poorly/badly written. Nicht so schwer

It's overused, certainly, but something being well-written is as legitimate a commentary as anything else. Harry Potter, for example, may have an interesting plot and compelling themes, but it is poorly written.

I am sorry. I will make the lingo more tailored to your taste. Just wait while I redefine the whole culture for your personal ease of access since you demand so much from us.

>esto es bien escrito

>but something being well-written is as legitimate a commentary as anything else

No it's not. It's extremely primitive.

Well told, that I can live with. Since that also reuiqres some more contextualizing. Well written, never, ever, does.

You never hear it.

In German you almost certainly never heard it. Unless it was picked up by hip younger people who run blogs and shit

What's happened here is that you've made a preposterous claim, been refuted several times, and are now digging your heels in.

>it's extremely primitive
Yes, but your argument is that it's illegitimate or nonsensical, which it isn't. It doesn't have to be layered and nuanced for it to be legitimate.

>primitive=illegitimate
The only primative thing here is you, Blöder

I can't even begin to wrap my head around this idiotic thread. I hope you're high as a kite

The OP was quite poorly written.

> well written means not using big words and long sentences
This nigga thinks dr seuss books are the height of western literature fucking kek
How's your functioning illiteracy working out for you, user?

> esto esta mal escrito
> you never hear it
Stfu, worse germany
It is said in spanish and i spent all of high school hearing my teacher say it about my essays

you are an idiot

Careful now, you don't wanna overstep the word limit, otherwise your sentence will be too hard to read, user
Also, don't use big complicated words like "idiot", you might get confused, use "dummy" instead

>layered and nuanced for it to be legitimate.

It's just pretty much anyone who writes like that is on a high horse either way.

Like that NeoGAF thread I posted. They all make me angry.

Yeah well Spanish is primitive like English

German is the language of detailed and sharp deductions.

> german is the language blah blah blah
Nigga you don't even speak german, austrians speak nigger german like the swiss, that shit is a backwoods dialect AT BEST
Also
> es ist nicht richtig geschrieben
Or some such something

>Nigga you don't even speak german, austrians speak nigger german like the swiss, that shit is a backwoods dialect AT BEST

Obviously dialect austrian german is only used private casual day to day conversations. Never on TV, media etc.

that's not what it means
used in academic context it means writing on point and not meaninglessly showing off your ability to be overly complicated which happens all the time with a lot of people, just read some academic papers in the social sciences in the 70-80s and you'll know

I know what you're talking about man, i was just busting your balls :^)

It can mean a lot of things but generally it just mean it's balanced and eloquent.