Is Tool the best metal band out there?

Is Tool the best metal band out there?

I know they get a lot of hate, but I feel like a lot of their critics just don't get it, or maybe they honestly aren't smart enough. Lateralus, for example, forms the Fibonacci sequence if you listen closely to the syllables. youtube.com/watch?v=awYc9xvqnv0

Countless others include references to Jungian psychology, which is hard to understand or interpret as a music critic or someone with a degree in music who hasn't taken courses in psychology.

What do you think Sup Forums? Excited for the new album?

>Fibonacci
>Jung
Wow, it's like they passed grade 10

So smart

decent bait

>implying that enjoying one band's music is at all equivalent to having a graduate degree
-2/10, see me after class.

So you're saying you never passed high school since you aren't capable of appreciating art that celebrates the beauty of mathematics and the human mind?

Maybe /sci/ could teach you a thing or too. Until then, I'll have a Big Mac with fries, pleb.

definitely not as strong as your first post, I think you've given the game up already

sorry dude, maybe next time

Tool lyrics changed my life, but I'd still say they're overrated.

The problem with bands like this is their music is blissed out, the band is blissed out, and the fans are blissed out. There's too much fucking bliss. What happens is when you get to a point where you achieve what I've heard referred to as "neurosomatic bliss" and you stop making sense.

If you have a rational (or autistic) personality, people who are blissed out are annoying as fuck because they don't make fucking sense. At the same time obsessive rationalists NEED a band like Tool to straighten them out.

I listen to Tool on occasion, but not more.

Meh bait

no

Okay I know it's bait, but I would argue that the ability to analyze cryptic meanings (in music and anything else) is a skill worth having and potentially more than a degree. I know people who have graduated from college who are absolute dunces who learned nothing

Aenima was better and more fun

>neurosomatic bliss
>if you have a rational (or autistic) personality, people who are blissed out

You're at least acting like you know what you're talking about, so do you think you could explain what a lot of this means?

>I would argue that the ability to analyze cryptic meanings (in music and anything else) is a skill worth having and potentially more than a degree
Tell that to you employers

Tool isn't even metal.

>2017
>being a wage cuck
Ha.

>2017
>living with mom and dad

imagine saying this in a social situation in real life

you have never had sex have you

Listening to music all day > sex. I do not envy you.

maybe he owns his own buisness

I listen to music all day and have never had sex and I highly doubt what you are saying

Tool was one of the bands that got me into metal and i do like them very much.
However, it is wrong to say they are the best metal band of all time, especially because of a drum pattern in one song. They are one of the best bands prog metal has to offer but the metal genre is too broad to have one 'best band'.

I know it's bait but still,
how does just including references to something make it good or smart?
Big Bang theory is full of references and yet it's retarded. Unless you actually do something with it, there's hardly any value in just stating that you know that something exists.

I've hardly ever listened to Tool btw so I don't know what they do but that argument doesn't work.

Sex honestly isn't that good tho. Music is better.

T. Non virgin.