What bands do you think we will still be talking about into the next century and beyond?

What bands do you think we will still be talking about into the next century and beyond?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2r40c4tsqQ0
youtube.com/results?search_query=Tarja
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Death Grips obviously

I hope to god Sup Forums doesn't last that long.

I don't mean 'we' as in Sup Forums I meant 'we' as in the music sphere in general

Sadstro

Kanye West obviously.

Barely anyone is fucking talking about Sadstro now

No one talked about The Velvet Underground originally, but just look at their legacy now.

OP asked for bands we'd "still" be talking about, not "will" be talking about

What bands from 1917 and before do people still talk about today?

xxxtentacion

The Beatles just because of how big they were

Hendrix will slowly become a mythical guitar god who nobody is sure really existed

Only how Robyn seized control of her talent, while clods of her ilk died off long before.. Body Talk.

maybe Daft Punk

Regardless of OP's intent, sadstro is bound for success. The people of Sup Forums are just too dumb to not see how great he is.

As much as faggots here treat it as a "meme" of sorts, this much is true.

Batlord.

Anyone who has influenced music and culture so much that newer generations don't learn about them first, they hear their music and go "Oh, that's them? That too? And that?" For me that was The Beatles. Growing up I knew about the "guys crossing the crosswalk" but didn't know that was Abbey Road until I was 8 or 9. I didn't care about George Harrison's death when he died (I was 11 at the time), but when I went through his discography last year I felt retroactive sadness.

So it's a chicken vs. egg thing. We'll still be talking about whatever band because they had a huge impact and invented so many new things. I still can't believe that The Beatles did everything they did in a 10 year span.

What bands do you think we will still be talking about into the next century and beyond?:

A few

Scorpions Listening to:: youtube.com/watch?v=2r40c4tsqQ0 Imblindsided, its good to.

The Beatles, obviously. Like it or not, they are effectively the Shakespeare of music. Will be studied for centuries, especially the cultural impact they had, if not also the music itself.

contron and maybe tegan and sara?

Or Maybe Tarja or something else we have no idea about..

Tarja=Original nightwish singer youtube.com/results?search_query=Tarja

ANNE ERIN ANNE ERIN HOLYY SHIT WHY DID YOU STOP POSTING ON Sup Forums WHYYYYYY

Stop drop and roll

some thoughts based on the history of jazz

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the first jazz recording and The Original Dixieland Jazz Band still gets mentioned in this context, although their relevance is strongly tied to being the "first" in something a pretty clearly defined way.

So if some new paradigm how music is listened to, presented or marketed - whoever are the biggest names in the change will be remembered, but at least so far the move from physical albums to digital and streaming hasn't really changed music that much.

Louis Armstrong's Hot Five and Hot Seven from the mid 20's still get the occasional mention even on Sup Forums , so something that's universally considered to be influential in a genre or style that still exists in the future may well be still talked about in the next century, but it has to be something that's a game changer now in a style that is still alive.

the Beatles

Technically a solo artist, but still...

G R I M E S

Bands of musicians don't get discussed into eternity. Individual musicians do, however.

The Beatles - who will undoubtedly still be discussed in the far future - are the one exception. Why? Because virtually everybody who knows of them knows specifically of the four guys who were members.

MJ

True