I'm drunk and I want to hear some real country music. Nothing from those backstabbers in Trashville

I'm drunk and I want to hear some real country music. Nothing from those backstabbers in Trashville.

Anyone her got any good suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-Iozw63fuGE
youtube.com/watch?v=8LwzO2Ih9DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Lwjotexk190&list=PLh4sgUhCxOZUikf6pnlVo8UmK0iWst7rs
youtube.com/watch?v=sSuh44wDbmM
youtu.be/jREUrbGGrgM
youtube.com/watch?v=KB_2CUj3y6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=OhEHB0a7Uyg
youtu.be/wmzVEPgBsYU
youtube.com/watch?v=brkY2Lry3Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=5VO6bI-xrj8
youtube.com/watch?v=JkfuAx0l3yk
youtu.be/sIo5x-q1GNo
youtube.com/watch?v=QYgArKYUYP0
youtube.com/watch?v=V4Nh8NJSEIU
youtube.com/watch?v=_TXJFP-mHl4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZvH8Cq1eY
youtube.com/watch?v=dg87YW-EwOs
youtu.be/KB_2CUj3y6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=l4zfEkKs2ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=PvqaygJSLJM&list=PLiLmEPtcLcm6PbeGogb8aAQo5xpwawyOI
youtube.com/watch?v=8LuUYzdAgXg
youtu.be/BnUr69ceUhM
youtube.com/watch?v=HiHKBb4zMaM
youtube.com/watch?v=holBS44V5gU
youtube.com/watch?v=hCpL_ImsiDo&list=PLq5_IODrGmKhnRw0HdFxmXPPchNwg0Ual
youtu.be/ZxO0dyCENEU
youtu.be/n4143SA8uQE
youtu.be/wz5USGT0WRs
youtu.be/OEUi_A0xBbE
youtube.com/watch?v=fLkuLcbIJKA
youtu.be/g591pJpXvbs
youtube.com/watch?v=kjq4wYuwgxs
youtube.com/watch?v=cQrgeeS_qbo
youtu.be/eAuTT0sEyiU
youtube.com/watch?v=QjFRHIhSvwc
youtu.be/HRlOI3N7Hao
youtu.be/OsNsIefue1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Band Perry
Miranda Lambert
Blake Shelton
Justin Timberlake's newish song

I think you're shooting straight, sir. I'll give them all a try. Just let me fire up my youtubes....

Well, you're not a trustworthy man.

Anyone else?

youtu.be/-Iozw63fuGE

Come on guys. Don't make me go back to that muslim girl thread...

youtube.com/watch?v=8LwzO2Ih9DQ

Gareth Leach

angry johnny and the killbillies
whitey morgan
great white buffalo
legendary shack shakers
black eyed vermillion (tom waits country)
goddamn gallows
pinebox boys (fanfuckingtastic band)
lost dog street band
john emery

Holy fuck. I accidentally youtubed Gareth Young.

That was a rude awakening...

Library of Congress audio archive.... folk music of Appalachia...

genuine bluegrass.

david allan coe

Sam Riggs
Cody Johnson
Chris Knight

dead bronco is also amazing

Jason boland and the stragglers

youtube.com/watch?v=Lwjotexk190&list=PLh4sgUhCxOZUikf6pnlVo8UmK0iWst7rs

jolene by Dolly Parton

imo best country song

George Jones for more of a classic county sound.

I have the Smithsonian collection of country music and I like that a lot. I'm looking more for some deep tracks of country. I love that Jimmy Martin but that's not what I'm in the mood for.

I grew up with all the staples like Johnny Cash and Coe and George Jones and Buck Owens after the cattle prices.

I like bluegrass and I'll give that one a listen for sure.

Thanks.

wish gg did more acoustic stuff

David Allan Coe

You're not wrong. Except I hate that shit because my wife sings it everyday to my daughter Charlene.

Don't even get me started on the correction.

Also, look up 'Love is like a butterfly.' It's pretty cool too.

Greatest country music song writer ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=sSuh44wDbmM

tim barrys rad

No you don't. Country music sucks.

No shit. Why did he have to be a shocker? He was pretty good that way.

hoedown at the barn
my alcoholism romance
the cold weather buckaroos

You're just like Bart Simpson. He though that it took precious air time away from morning DJs who shock and amuse us all. But you are wrong. It's an important part of Americana

cute. But when I want liberal guilt I prefer the Band.

youtu.be/jREUrbGGrgM

Here you go OP

youtube.com/watch?v=KB_2CUj3y6Y

David Allan Coe for the win. Member when you could hear an old country boy saying nigger on the radio? This nigga does.
youtube.com/watch?v=OhEHB0a7Uyg

The beginning guitar line of this song reminds me of Allison Krauss banging out "the Lucky One"

youtu.be/wmzVEPgBsYU

/Thread

Merle
youtube.com/watch?v=brkY2Lry3Hk

That entire album was a prerequisite to get into a bar where I grew up. I like them all.

You know that song 'You never even called me by my name?' We would belt out that shit when you east coast motherfucker were singing sweet caroline.

I'm not making fun of you. Don't get me wrong. I love that song. And if I hadn't been exposed at a very young age I'd be pretty impressed with it. I still like it. I'll probably listen to it tonight.

>real country music
don't pretend country is even music. it's trash.
mind you this is coming from someone born, raised, and living in arkansas.

>it's trash
Um ok
youtube.com/watch?v=5VO6bI-xrj8

This thread is comfy, post niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=JkfuAx0l3yk

I have to admit I do like some Merle. Have you ever listened to Branded man? Or I take a lot of pride in what I am? Brilliant. Also his collaboration with Willie in Pancho and Lefty. I know those are totally mainstream songs but sometimes mainstream doesn't mean bad. They were popular because they were great. I'll get off my soapbox now...

any Hank Williams Sir

I'll listen to it for the sake of it, but it's not going to change my opinion. i'll give you that.

What...Wha? Please explain this. I'm not making fun of you. I want to know. Are you saying all country music sucks? Or the new country music sucks? Or just that you suck? I don't understand. Just tell me what you mean. You don't have to give me the 500 words or less version. Let it out. I want to hear it.

I like Merle a lot. I wish I could've seen him when he was alive. I had the chance just didn't have any money at the time. I did see Johnny and June together once. Check out some Blaze Foley, he's got some great stuff too.

You are correct Mr. I like your style. I've heard almost all of them and I've disliked very few. Pleas allow me to post my very favorite one.

youtu.be/sIo5x-q1GNo

This is a new guy, but reminds me of Waylon quite a bit

youtube.com/watch?v=QYgArKYUYP0

If I were to list country music that i can handle, the list would not exceed 20 songs.
probably because i grew up listening to it and was forced to listen to it on my bus ride home every day from school.
all new country music is utter garbage. if you were wondering.
do I suck, probably.

I like that one a lot, very haunting. I like this one too
youtube.com/watch?v=V4Nh8NJSEIU

UNKNOWN. FUCKING. HINSON.

youtube.com/watch?v=_TXJFP-mHl4

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZvH8Cq1eY

I saw Buck Owens and Dolly. Not at the same concert. But those are the only Giants I saw in real life.

I also saw

I saw Bob Dylan too but he sucked. But I kind of expected that so it didn't distress me. He played some awesome songs but they sure were hard to pick out.

I also saw Chris LeDoux. He was really cool. He came out and partied with us after his set.

More Blaze Foley

youtube.com/watch?v=dg87YW-EwOs

Blaze Foley

youtu.be/KB_2CUj3y6Y

If I listen to this...

Am I going to be listening to the country version of Jimmy Buffet? Because I don't like Jimmy Buffet.

I don't really listen to country myself but my favorites would be Townes Van Zandt:
youtube.com/watch?v=l4zfEkKs2ZM

And of course Johnny Cash. This whole album is gold:
youtube.com/watch?v=PvqaygJSLJM&list=PLiLmEPtcLcm6PbeGogb8aAQo5xpwawyOI

Honestly you should ask Sup Forums. I know it's hard to believe but there are actually people there that aren't pretentious twats that like country

>Am I going to be listening to the country version of Jimmy Buffet? Because I don't like Jimmy Buffet.
I don't know, I will leave that up to you.

Jesus, no.

Dwight

youtube.com/watch?v=8LuUYzdAgXg

Hello folks!

OP here. I want to thank you all for every single one of your recommendations. (Exept you, first reply guy. You can suck a dick.)

Some of these songs I've heard before, and a lot I haven't. But I like almost all of them. I forgot how much I like George Jones. And I've never heard Blaze Foley before. So I feel like I learned something new.

Anyway, I'm not going to bed or anything....I just wanted to say thanks before I drink so much I forget. If I got so much good music advice without saying thank you, I just don't think I could bear it

Here's one for you boys. A real old one...

youtu.be/BnUr69ceUhM

Roy Orbison
youtube.com/watch?v=HiHKBb4zMaM

OK. Thanks. I saw the work cheese burgers and got a little gun shy.

The REAL hardest working man in show business. You have good taste and if you were within 100 miles of me I'd buy you a shot of your choice.

>Here's one for you boys. A real old one...
Thank you OP, good stuff man. Dig into Blaze, he's really good. Here's some Buck for the road buddy

youtube.com/watch?v=holBS44V5gU

>The REAL hardest working man in show business. You have good taste and if you were within 100 miles of me I'd buy you a shot of your choice.
Thanks man, I will take a shot just for you. Orbison had a hard ass life. Lost his kids and wife, some real shit to go through. He had a great voice up until the end.

Bruce Springsteen, this may be a stretch for some to consider this a country album, but it's got a lot of dark country flavor to it. I love this album from start to finish. I wish Brucie wasn't such a commie though.

youtube.com/watch?v=hCpL_ImsiDo&list=PLq5_IODrGmKhnRw0HdFxmXPPchNwg0Ual

Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans

I once listened to that song on repeat from Ellensburg, Washington to Butte, Montana.

I'm not saying that I hate this song. I'm just saying that I probably have heard it enough times in my life to be satisfied.

If you like Buck...Have you heard this duet? It's one of my all time favorites...

I like it a lot. Maybe because my old GF used to use the word 'cute' like they did.

youtu.be/ZxO0dyCENEU

I am a child of the 80s. that damn born in the USA album will always be one of my favorites. Not because the songs are awesome (most of them are) but because that's the only album I've ever bought that I've never fast forwarded any songs ever. I listened to them all. every time. The only other album that comes close to that is the Eagles greatest... And that album ends with "the best of my love" I FF that shit all the time.

Soo...Bruce is OK in my book. Also that song Nebraska is depressing and awesome. Kind of like the real Nebraska.

>I once listened to that song on repeat from Ellensburg, Washington to Butte, Montana.

Wow man, that's a hell of a drive. I miss the Northwest. Its melancholic there. I can't put a finger on it, but it makes me feel alive to be there, like life is more real there if that makes sense. That's a cool song, I hadn't heard that one before.

Used to tour with johnny cash, and Jerry Lee Lewis, and Elvis. With company like that there's no way you can suck.

I'm embarrassed to admit my Hipsterish ways but when he got re-famous with that black and white PBS show and the traveling Wilbury's...and all my friends kind of got into him I was a little put out.

It's a pitiful emotion to have but I admit I got caught up in it.

>Soo...Bruce is OK in my book. Also that song Nebraska is depressing and awesome. Kind of like the real Nebraska.

That whole album is depressing as hell to me. Especially "Used Cars". My mom always had beater cars, my dad was in and out of my life up until he died, so he never was around much to help. She worked retail, and saved up about 600 bucks and bought this old Cadillac. It was all the money we had. I remember the guy that sold it to her saying it was a great car he just didn't need it anymore. I was about 6 years old I guess.One night soon after, we were driving down a busy road in town and we came up to a redlight, she pumped the brakes and the car kept going right through that redlight with four lanes of traffic. No brakes. We almost got killed as she blasted through that light. We limped it over to the side of the road, it slowed down on its own. She put it in park and cried with her head resting on the wheel of that piece of shit. Life was really hard then.

How old are you? I'm just wondering because I have a couple songs in mind I want you to hear but your actual age will tell me which one.

>I'm embarrassed to admit my Hipsterish ways but when he got re-famous with that black and white PBS show and the traveling Wilbury's...and all my friends kind of got into him I was a little put out.

Thats a cool story man. I love Jerry Lee too. I am glad that he made a resurgence though. If it weren't for the hipsters, he may not have had a legacy like the one he has now. Arguably, I feel his best work was the American Recording sessions. I am glad he did them.

>How old are you? I'm just wondering because I have a couple songs in mind I want you to hear but your actual age will tell me which one.

I'm 43, I have a varying taste in music.

Those few sentences you just wrote...

If you ever went to college you could make your career on those sentences.

Larry McMurtry wrote a 300 page book on basically what you just said. Just don't change the last 2 sentences.

country sucks

OK. Then sit yourself down and listen to this. I think you may have already heard it, but at 43, it really makes sense...

youtu.be/n4143SA8uQE

I won't insult you and post the normal album version.

That's true. Modern country does suck. But isn't that what this thread is all about?

Start at 2:25 of this song.

youtu.be/wz5USGT0WRs

Haha, I hadn't heard that one actually, but I sure as hell lived it through my 20's

My favorite part of this song

Kid Rock don't come from where I come from.. Yeah, it's true, he's a Yank, he ain't no son of Hank.. If you even thought so, god-damn, you're fucking dumb.

I need to catch this guy live when he rolls through the 865.

I saw him in the 480 a couple years ago. I was fantastic. He's a little shit about 5'9. He came out and started his set and some Mexican blasted him with a beer bottle. Fucker didn't even miss a chord. Just kept on playing like nothing even happened.

He started out with the old shit. Then he got progressively darker with the Assjack stuff. I think he did that on purpose because by the time he was done there was about 35 people left.

Well, then let's stop screwing around.

Here's my all time favorite. Some stupid TV show made it famous but I still like it.

youtu.be/wz5USGT0WRs

What's yours?

Whoops. I guess my copy didn't work right....

youtu.be/OEUi_A0xBbE

This one brings me joy

youtube.com/watch?v=fLkuLcbIJKA

more good Roy Orbison songs?

Don't even have to listen....There's blood on the carpets and holes in the walls....

Love it.

They got dancing and drinking them honky tonk girls that will make your heart stop

youtu.be/g591pJpXvbs

youtube.com/watch?v=kjq4wYuwgxs
youtube.com/watch?v=cQrgeeS_qbo

Thanks. I listen to crying all the time. But I forgot about only the lonely.

You can totally tell how much he worked to make it perfect. His voice I mean. It was never pitchy, dog...if you know what I mean.

What do you think of this? Poor Buddy.

youtu.be/eAuTT0sEyiU

Man, I like some Buddy Holly. He was a really good song writer.

youtube.com/watch?v=QjFRHIhSvwc

I was in the Buddy Holly Museum when Dale Ernhardt died.

I just happened to be in Lubbock and the Hotel was right next to the museum and I was bored.

The only reason I remember that was because the woman in the gift shop had a tv on and was watching the race and made a real scene.

I like Buddy but have not emotion about racing. But I'll never forget that. It was a scene for all ages. It was like her own kid died or something. The thing is, I can't listen to Buddy without thinking about that.

youtu.be/HRlOI3N7Hao

Are you a redneck?
Are you going to vote trump?

Yeah. I'm a redneck....I'm going to vote for Trump...

Copper head road

Stevie Ehrle? I think he did 2 tours of duty in Vietnam.

Not enough girls in this thread.

Love ya, Dolly.

youtu.be/OsNsIefue1o

Yeah I think so. Damn good song