Why Sup Forums hate her so much? is she the new nickelback or coldplay?

why Sup Forums hate her so much? is she the new nickelback or coldplay?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Grimes/
sasquatchfest.proboards.com/thread/2855/grimes
metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes
metacritic.com/music/visions/grimes
tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4q3o37/other_artists_that_like_grimes
youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw
youtube.com/watch?v=CmG9OeoHMiA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why Sup Forums hate grammar so much?

>why Sup Forums hate her so much?
what the fuck are you talking about? People make daily threads about her. The ones who "hate her" are just annoyed by waifufags and for a good reason

because you post about her everyday

Because she's such a tryhard at being some sort of multi-faceted musician.
>MUH PLAYIN EVERY INSTRUMENT ON MY ALBUM

Plus her obnoxious fanbase is so easily offended. Easy target for trolling.

>Because she's such a tryhard at being some sort of multi-faceted musician.
is that enough reason to be hated? i doubt it . . .

last year was fucking miserable

thanks

Most Grimes hate would disappear if there weren't so many Grimes threads spamming the board on a daily basis.

At this point Grimes' meme status has far outweighed her music because there are 20 threads a day just like this.

she's as spammed as other Sup Forumscore artists, but she's arguably the most hated among those, and she wasn't hated in the past

because a bunch of fucking redditors wont stop spamming her dog ugly face everywhere and trying to force her into our board culture

go back to your fucking hugbox you dumb faggots nobody wants you here
this

thanks for sapping the life out of our fucking board you parasitic pieces of shit

>force her into our board culture
but she's in that board culture since 2012

>Most Grimes hate would disappear if there weren't so many Grimes threads spamming the board on a daily basis.
i doubt it
>At this point Grimes' meme status has far outweighed her music because there are 20 threads a day just like this.
her meme status is on par with the quality of her music. the biggest snobs on this planet - Sup Forums - wouldn't talk so much about a mediocre artist, that's 100% clear.

>she's as spammed as other Sup Forumscore artists
Wrong. And don't try and group her in with other Sup Forumscore, she's not fucking Sup Forumscore.
>and she wasn't hated in the past
Wrong again. Shes been hated here since 2012. Fuck off.

She's become too cringe

>don't try and group her in with other Sup Forumscore
why?

>she's not fucking Sup Forumscore
how so?

>Shes been hated here since 2012
not true btw, you obviously wasn't here in 2012

>the biggest snobs on this planet - Sup Forums - wouldn't talk so much about a mediocre artist
yeah, that's why we fucking don't, and never fucking have. Grimesposters aren't Sup Forumstants they're fucking outsider tumblrinas who have been here for 2 months tops.

This shit is so fucking cancerous it's disgusting.

>trying to force her into our board culture
wait a second: she's part of this board's culture since 2012. why are you acting like grimes is a forced meme and not a bonafide cult act here? over 4 years of daily posting of this artist should be enough to consider her established.
>she wasn't hated in the past
i suggest you to read older grimes threads. you may have a surprise

>who have been here for 2 months tops
lol

we have this same thread over and over
this same autist pic related. repeats the same shit over and over

like site mu is comprised of mostly shitcunts. How can you call this site snobby when shithouse walking memes like childish gambino or tyler the creator ect are spammed. People dislike her the same reason people like fags who worship K-pop and that reason is that none of you faggots would froth over the music if you didnt wanna fuck the people sining it. Grimes is attractive to people who couldn't pull in real life because she looks attainable

She's not Sup Forumscore because nobody here fucking likes her except for a vocal minority of cancerous redditors who won't stop trying to force her into our dialogue. Nobody here fucking likes her so she isn't fucking Sup Forumscore, literally fucking kill yourself please.
>not true btw
100% true go dig through rbt if you want. I'm not going to even begin to entertain the idea that anyone who spams her currently was a part of this board five fucking years ago, don't fucking kid yourself.

>boobwindow but not enough boob to pull it off
Shameful tbqh

you're talking about her right now, dude. you cared enough to post about her. you just dismissed your point.
>Grimesposters aren't Sup Forumstants they're fucking outsider tumblrinas who have been here for 2 months tops.
just because grimes has a tumblr blog it doesn't mean that her entire fanbase are tumblr users. don't act like many Sup Forums users don't have grimes in their libraries and don't genuinely like her. i've seen many library screenshots and grimes was in a random library almost every time.

>wait a second: she's part of this board's culture since 2012. why are you acting like grimes is a forced meme and not a bonafide cult act here?
she's a literal textbook definition of a "forced meme." Nobody here likes her except the same

press ctrl w now and stop caring about artists you hate, autist. go outside, meet the world.

Harry Nilsson is /ourboy/, Fiona Apple is /ourgirl/.. this much is true.

That said, she is a CUTE.

pic related its you IRL
get off our board and go spam grimes on your own website

>you're talking about her right now, dude. you cared enough to post about her. you just dismissed your point.
I'm not talking about her fucking music faggot. I've had maybe like 6 convos about her music and they were incredibly boring because her music is fucking boring and there's nothing to discuss. Every other grimes related conversation is trying to exterminate the infestation of you fucking rats.
>just because grimes has a tumblr blog it doesn't mean that her entire fanbase are tumblr users.
LOL ok

>nobody here fucking likes her except for a vocal minority of cancerous redditors
[citiation needed]

>Nobody here fucking likes her
pretty sure lots of people don't dislike her, most of them just dont participate in these endless pointless conversations, plus she's one of the most discussed artists on this board

>100% true
it's not
obviously that she wasn't liked by everyone, but the hate achived meme status around the time Art Angels got released

>being this mad
a forced meme for over 4 years? jfc, are you serious? you're talking about her right now because you know who she is. that's against the definition of a forced meme (a meme pushed hard to be popular, but failed). she's already popular here.

>Nobody here likes her except the same

please, stop posting pics with you itt. that's not nice. thanks.

>she's already popular here.
SHES NOT FUCKING POPULAR

YOU ARE NOT A Sup ForumsTANT YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER

FUCK OFF BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM

heres a fact why u guys are trolls. whats stopping you from posting on here reddit.com/r/Grimes/
instead of shitting up our board

the fact she's discussed means that she's popular even if you dont like it

>personal attacks
this what dumb pricks do when they're overwhelmed and have no arguments.

>I'm not talking about her fucking music
>admitting you're shitposting on a music board
ban yourself

>tfw pancake batter in your chest hair

Am I sexy now, Mommy?

do you also like death grips?

>SHES NOT FUCKING POPULAR
explain why her threads (maybe even this one) reach bump limit if you pretend she's not popular

no dg sucks
no go back to here reddit.com/r/Grimes/

reddit.com/r/Grimes/
heres a website for you. fuck off

she's not fucking discussed in those threads

I'd say easily over half the posts are just unprompted "grimes is the best!" in a pathetic attempt to keep the dying general that you maintain alive, sometimes it's even a shameless "bump."

They reach bump limit because literally 1 or 2 people are too autistic to let the thread die, and nothing else.

that boy needs therapy

what did he mean by this

you're ridiculous. please post here when you're sober.

reddit.com/r/Grimes/
heres your stop now fuck off

I'd figure Lavren Mayberry would get more votes...hmmm.

bump! haha!

lol! bump!

>she looks attainable
that's not an argument. if she looked like a classic model you would say people only like her because she's beautiful, right?

>being this autist

explain

could even prove 1% of the crap you said? and why are you so mad? fear of losing against the grimesians?

She cleans up very well.

you're right i should control myself better

stop

>our board
it's not your board. you need a reality check: a kick in the arse.

>could even prove 1% of the crap you said?
Can you?

>why does Sup Forums hate her

Multiple posters give reasons why

>B-b-b-but she is talented, shes posted about all the time, etc etc

What's the point of this thread? You don't really want to hear what people have to say, you just want an excuse to fucking talk about Grimes. This is why people are tired of her, stop. Just like no one is going to change your mind about Grimes, YOU aren't going to change anyone's mind about her. Just stick in your waifu-general and leave us alone man

reddit.com/r/Grimes/ try this site. its perfect for you

because people voted based on how much they enjoy their music (at least that's what i like to believe).

you made those claims, not me. prove them!

this is rediculous now

>promoting reddit on moo
are you serious?

just click this link sasquatchfest.proboards.com/thread/2855/grimes

yeah

go back

a random screenshot out of context proves nothing. use your own mind, not someone else's crap.

yolo swag

you started with "she wasnt hated in the past"

fucking prove it faggot everyone here has hated her here since visions was released and it was fucking garbage, and everyone here still hates her

sasquatchfest.proboards.com/thread/2855/grimes
thats a professional critic on grimes
better than your opinion :)

>b-b-b-b-b-but muh soulless indie machine critical acclaim
you people really are scum

indie doesn't exist anymore
keep up with the times autist!

i didn't say that, you fucking idiot. in fact i said she was hated in the past too. right there learn how to follow conversations on this board

These threads are populated by a bunch of unashamedly newfaggot redditors who unironicly use emoticons like :D and make pokemon references. Grimes was one of the most hated artists around here for years because of her shitty music and annoying in yo' face SJW personality. She's called us disgusting on Twitter before. She doesn't like us and we don't like her. And to act like there was some kind of population of grimes fans lurking here the whole time is just a fucking joke, enjoying grimes is like, MILES away from something that this board, generally speaking, would do. And yeah yeah I know "Sup Forums isnt hivemind" blah blah blah but to take it to the point where you think we need to have general threads for a tumblrcore artist that most of us have hated for years? I'm sorry but that's the line. It's an affront to anyone who gives two quarters of a shit about this board.

The only thing I can think of that has been close to the level of cancer as grimes threads was Lazare, and considering he was a synth pop fan I wouldnt be suprised if he was behind this shit 2bh

it's funny how i don't get involved

why the fuck would i though

>thats a professional critic on grimes
let me guess: chris ott? that cunt that was btfo by p4k?

now if you're playing that "professional critics" card, let's see what is the consensus:
metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes
metacritic.com/music/visions/grimes

so, basically it's the opinion of a nobody against the most relevant music journalists. guess who won.

chris ott. because none of those critics still praise AA or visions
ppl rather talk about father john misty than grimes lmao.
nobody in the industry works with grimes. hmmmm i wonder why

>idiot not realizing that professional critic's opinion was actually negative
>2 haters attacking each other

She's too thin

maybe you have no idea who is this ott.

>Ott is a notorious crank who uses his Twitter feed to decry the commodification of the independent arts. At his best he can be a necessary check on the capitalist impulses of the music industry and the publications that cover it. At his worst he can be a straight-up asshole who uses his modest platform to hammer away at personal grudges, many of which seem to end up involving women who make and/or write about indie rock. To some he is an anti-hero, to others he is simply a verbal harasser.

>I would say it does, but Pitchfork has deleted plenty of articles before—in some cases, infamously so—and practically speaking, Ott is a unique case. His structural criticism was often a trojan horse for a personal vendetta, and he has gone out of his way to inflame the individuals who work at and run Pitchfork. He probably deserved something. But who exactly was punished?
tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618

your idol is an asshole...

> signed to Jay Z‘s Roc Nation
>nobody in the industry works with grimes
Go to bed faggot, you'll feel better when your asshole heals.

grimes is an asshole also and that still doesn't take away from no critic still discussing grimes like they do FJM. why did rihannas team turn down grimes song but pick tame impalas?
>signed to roc nation
>can't even get rihanna to sing her songs
???????????????????????????????

> signed to Jay Z‘s Roc Nation
that's just her management. her label is 4ad.
>nobody in the industry works with grimes
janelle monae worked with her. the thing is that grimes is very picky and a control freak. speaking of music industry reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4q3o37/other_artists_that_like_grimes
>why did rihannas team turn down grimes song but pick tame impalas?
because she's a pleb? rihanna makes music for the masses, unlike grimes. i bet her label rejected that song, not even rihanna herself.

speaking of that song ('go'), lady gaga worked with the dude who produced it (bloodpop). see that dude carrying grimes and gaga? that's bloodpop.

yeah the dude who worked with grimes
i wonder if hes the real talent behind her music.
lady gaga thinks so

>i wonder if hes the real talent behind her music.
no way. he just produced the songs 'go' and 'phone sex' and those 2 songs are frankly quite different than her other songs.

>lady gaga thinks so
it would be too obvious to collaborate with grimes right now. grimes could outshine her even on the visual department: youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw

grimes likes gaga, though.

see the top picture (ignore the text)? it was from a photoshoot many months before that 'joanne' cover. just to clarify who inspired who.

>SHES NOT FUCKING POPULAR

i wanna be grimes to

damn
and gaga still refused to use her work music.

we don't know if gaga even asked grimes to work for her... i'm pretty sure grimes wouldn't refuse such an offer.

imho a collab with gaga would raise grimes' profile quite a lot

>YOU ARE NOT A Sup ForumsTANT YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER
oh boy

>tfw drunk in the afternoon

Everyone is cool. Nigger zombie Princess Diana wants my cock.

idk why this board still talks about grimes
jessy has surpassed her
youtube.com/watch?v=CmG9OeoHMiA

i believe someone suggested reddit already

link?

NIGGER FAGGOT KIKE

ALL KIKES MUST DIE, FAGGOT NIGGER

NIGGER

>jessy has surpassed her
good joke. jessy doesn't have a voice as good as grimes, not even better songwriting, production, even image to beat grimes, that challenger has to be bjork-level.