I can't wait until the day people realize that Queen actually sucks

I can't wait until the day people realize that Queen actually sucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZGAeoEng8
youtube.com/watch?v=aaWaJptpLj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

today

We're slowly getting there

Queen were the Kanye West of their generation

youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZGAeoEng8

tell me something that sounds better than this

protip: ye can't

freddie had some serious pipes though

They're actually a really good pop band. Not the greatest band ever but really good. The only reason you hate them is because they've been put on such a pedestal by mainstream society and 10 year old kids.

what do you mean pipes ?

This

what did he mean by this

Will never happen. Queen made some great pop music.

has to be bait

queen were like the most modest rock band ever considering their popularity. kanye thinks he's god's gift to music

no, what does pipes mean ?

Queer guy enough front man to trumph Robert Plant by a good ten or so.

then add in Brian May. You Zep heads are the worst.

You can apply that to The Who too though. Really good rock band but not the greatest, mainstream as fuck.

Nobody shits on them though.

Because nobody wanks them off as the greatest to the same extent Queen gets wanked to.

Pretty sure they do. Figureheads for "dadrock", even yanks love them.

They get wanked off a bit too much because of Tommy (which is a pretty weak album if I'm honest other than its novel concept) but I've never seen anyone talking about how they are the bestest of the best ever ever the way people talk about Queen.

They have a few tracks I enjoy, but other than that, yeah, they're not that good.

Yeah, but not better pipes than my boy Mike.

.....and that day will be long after you're dead and forgotten.

Never going to happen friend.
I've been trying. Every time Queen gets brought up, I discuss why they're objectively a mediocre band at best. Whoever I'm discussing this with will almost invariably listen to all my points, have absolutely no refutation, and at the end, they just say "Well I still like them."

>pop
Exfuckingscuse me they're power metal thanks

and brian may is a ~top 25 guitarist in the world. the two were/are talented as fuck yet get shat on by Sup Forums because muh leddit

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the best mainstream pop ever made, even if it has been overmemed to death.
Their Greatest Hits is also a very solid set of songs. Bicycle is the essence of fun, especially when you are 14.
I've never really ventured in their discography outside of that comp, but they are nice in my book just for that.
The problem is that their fanbase is comprised of those guys who always make shitty puns on the reddit frontpage threads, and muh wrong generation youtubers.

Generation Z will be the best generation since the WWII greats.

Fellow IRL-oldfag, cheers mate!

That's because there is no such thing as good music, or bad music. There is no such thing as true objectivity, only personal opinion.
I assumed Queen were pretty bad after seeing them discussed here, having only heard the greatest hits albums. But The first three albums are all very enjoyable and so are a couple of the others. That said, the handful of remaining albums are, as you say, pretty mediocre, but Queen being a bad band is a meme

>Bicycle
>not Fat Bottomed Girls

>15 albums
> can't all be winners
> true for all bands with larger discographies

They were a singles band. A very impressive singles band considering they were making music throughout two decades.
Basically every album has an, at least somewhat, iconic song it.
>Queen II - Seven Seas of Rhye
>Sheer Heart Attack - Killer Queen
>A Night At The Opera - Bohemian Rhapsody
>A Day At The Races - Somebody to Love
>News Of The World - We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions
>Jazz - Bicycle Race
>The Game - Another One Bites The Dust
>Flash Gordon - Flash
>Hot Space - Under Pressure
>The Works - Radio Ga Ga
>A Kind of Magic - One Vision
>The Miracle - I Want It All

>150 million record sales at the very least
>virtuoso singer and frontman with one of the best guitarists and drummer Britain has ever produced
>competent bassist who composed many hits
>cited as an influence by literally every pop or rock artist to follow

Try me. It's fine not to like their music, but I can't possibly understand how anybody could classify them as mediocre.

>They were popular
>Opinions
>They were popular
>They were popular

Are you even trying?

How is their technical ability an opinion? When your vocalist can sing in all 3 ranges and your guitarist can play anything that's objective skill.

Mediocre bands don't sell hundreds of millions of records, simple. It seems like you're the one with zero refutation.

>mainstream as fuck
being a mainstream musician isn't a bad thing
being a bad musician is a bad thing

Mainstream Queen is slightly overrated, their lesser known material is underrated as fuck. Also these niggas were heavy as fuck at the start of their carreer, people tend to forget that when they call them "pop". They played pop, rock, metal and everything in between.

>being a bad musician is a bad thing

Which neither The Who or Queen had. In fact the complete opposite.

This. I love their first four albums to death, particularly their first two. They still made some really good music after that, but nothing compares to their first four records.

vocal ability

Not to mention that Freddie's voice was simply above everyone else. If you actually start looking for bootlegs you sometimes find performances where he hits unbelievable notes, like 0:44 here: youtube.com/watch?v=aaWaJptpLj0

I know you're all memeing and stuff but they were a pretty decent band. They only failed to put together a consistently good album, but they have plenty of good songs.

You can't reason with Queen naysayers. They have many timeless classic songs. In 50 years people will still enjoy their music, no debating that. It's one thing to not love them, but you gotta give credit where it's due.