Movie has an antagonist

>movie has an antagonist
>knows he's evil
>color scheme is black
>has a deep voice
>does things like killing civilians for fun

I fucking hate this cliche. I want a movie where the main antagonist probably doesn't realize he's on the evil side, he dresses in white and colorful clothes, has a normal voice, overall looks handsome and normal and just does things he thinks seem the best option.

Are there any movies that do this (possible without spoilers)? The only one I can think of is Watchmen

Are there movies where the solution the antagonist has is actually logically better but the heroes save the day and ruin the plan?

Why is Ultron so cute?

Zootopia

Watchmen to an extent.

Just because capeshit fails to generate plastic characters, having a villain just rolling around in the fact that he's evil is not a bad trait per se.

Just look at Sheev, he stole the scenery for everyone by just being the codifier of the evil overlord and it was magnificent

It's been a long time since Disney films and other animations had a clear typical evil character

The Rock. Ed Harris never wanted anyone to get hurt, he just wanted justice.

Sid 6.7 was pretty colorful and didnt think he was a bad guy

>evil protagonist
>his only endgame is destroying earth/galaxy/universe etc

My vote for the worst antagonist trait. That shit only ever works in video games or anime

Literally hundreds op. Stop watching capeshit

In Time

>antagonist isn't obviously evil, intimidating, or wears black
>people complain that he's too weak to be taken seriously as a villain

How would you do it, OP?

>hero becomes villain
>this derails his character, writers scramble to claim he was brainwashed lol

Game of thrones. Yes, I mean Daenerys,

>Daenerys
>Not Viserys

Yeah, but he was kinda meant to be evul from the very beginning. Everyone roots for Dany, and all she does is fuck up and make bad decisions while thinking she's the shit.

this, destruction/world domination is retarded unless there is a very good twist to it

Best answer.
Pretty much the sole cause of thousands of lives ruined with thousands more to come all for muh birthright which doesn't even make sense since the throne was taken by right of conquest.
Then theres the justification of oh the peasants want another dragon lord.

Watchmen with Ozymandias
BvS with Lex Luthor
Batman:Begins with Ra's Al Ghul

Lex knows what he does is fucked up, but boys just wanna have fun, and he's to rich and spoiled to care about consequences.

Hardcore henry

why does Ultron look like a robot Garrus from Mass Effect?

True, but then the villain becomes the guys who want to launch the missiles.

Falling Down.

Did you make this thread to trigger me?

>I want a movie where the main antagonist probably doesn't realize he's on the evil side, he dresses in white and colorful clothes, has a normal voice, overall looks handsome and normal and just does things he thinks seem the best option
So you want a movie about Democrats?

You mean breaking bad?

Dr. Doom is just about the only megalomaniac that's easy to root for. From what I hear, they've retooled him into a despot and Latveria into an Eastern European North Korea and stripped away a lot of what made Doom a noble character. but when he was presented with more logical motivations, he was awesome.

>Doom: I can lead us to a utopian future!
>World: Shut up, you lunatic.
>go to his country
it's a paradise

Paul Reiser in Aliens?

Moby Dick

this
although daenerys is a protagonist in the eyes of the writers and all normies

Der Untergang, it made me really sad when he lost.

Wut. The watchmen dont ruin his plan

Law abiding citizen

>writers
I hope she's not in Martin's eyes

roscharch's notebook was sent to the press

Nah, he's a scumbag and knows it. He just doesn't care.

Thats what you get for watching flicks, now delete your fucking thread

The day that earth stand still.

>I want a movie where the main antagonist probably doesn't realize he's on the evil side, he dresses in white and colorful clothes, has a normal voice, overall looks handsome and normal and just does things he thinks seem the best option.

Here you go OP

That doesnt ruin shit.
Its just that the truth is there somewhere and not completely hidden.

No good antagonist actually thinks they're evil or the bad guy. No one is motivated by being evil. They think they're doing the right thing as much as the good guys do.

It's one of the reasons I usually hate redemption arcs in TV and movies. Every hero is someone's villain. People just like black and white shit.

Basically Purple man to some degree in the Jessica Jones series. He didnt see himself as a bad guy he just saw himself as doing whatever the fuck he wanted.

Watch the Usual Suspects, if you haven't already

So, Dandy in American Horror Story?

>I want a movie where the main antagonist probably doesn't realize he's on the evil side, he dresses in white and colorful clothes, has a normal voice, overall looks handsome and normal and just does things he thinks seem the best option.
Gotcha senpai

Usual Suspects has nothing to do with the topic.

I think obergruppenführer smith from the man in high castle it exactly what you are looking for.

Yeah, but what if the guy doesn't publish the book?
And if he does it, will people believe him?

>Going to kill lots of people just so his project is a success.

E V I L as fuck.

> I want a movie where the main antagonist probably doesn't realize he's on the evil side, he dresses in white and colorful clothes, has a normal voice, overall looks handsome and normal and just does things he thinks seem the best option.
Zebo?

The inhibitors were broken you fuck!

Best character desu

A clinically deranged man's illegible ramblings were sent to a right-wing tabloid.

this

Well then Octavius wasnt the antagonist so he is disqualified.

He sent it to a right-wing conspiracy rag. There's no way in hell they're not milking that material for all it's worth, and it contains enough verifiable facts to raise eyebrows. It would get traction and Ozy would spend the rest of his life in damage control mode. Once information like that gets out, it doesn't go away.

"A rumor isn't a rumor that doesn't die."

Perhaps it's time to stop movies with 'antagonists'

This, it was literally necessary to genocide the smurfs in order for the Earth be supplied with fuel. It was them or us

How would you generate conflict then?

There is always an antagonist in every POV.

Tyrion.

Make the protagonist flas his own antagonist?

And then the war will continue and everybody will kill eachother again. Nothing ever ends.

Wouldnt work too well in action movies.

But it wasnt taken by conquest, it was stolen by the kingslayer.

Worked in fight club.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Thats why there was barely any action in it.

>Just look at Sheev, he stole the scenery for everyone by just being the codifier of the evil overlord and it was magnificent

This desu. Unapologetic villains who know they're the bad guy can be some of the most entertaining to watch if they're done right. It mostly depends on the actor.

Ichi the Killer

I can't escape.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Keit-ai thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" Keit-ai poster, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a fictional anime. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic keit-aifag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

He didn't know he was evil, he just knew that what he had to do to "save" humanity was regrettable but necessary.

The fact that you can't grasp this simple motive deems you unfit to comment on it.

Does Sam Jackson in Kingsmen fall into this category?

For an extremist space Nazi, Zod's got some pretty understandable motivations. You have to kind of fight to *not* sympathize with the guy.

Yeah

I sympathized with Faora A LOT

Rorschach's journal that got picked up by the newspaper certainly will do significant damage to the cover up.

I'd sympathize with Faora I'd sympathize the shit out of Faora.

Any American WW2 movie set in Europe really :^)

Fuck off weebs.

Yeah, a right-wing tabloid that would squeeze that for every drop.

The entire point of the ketchup being on the smiley face shirt at the end was to show how it all went full circle.