/pg/ Pedals and Effects General

Post, rate, comment, share, recommend various pedals and effects

What is a great reverb that works well on bass? I need some recs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hS4tBF5kuUU
youtube.com/watch?v=W-VhsE0srBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Ive heard good things about the eqd levitation for bass, also that the polara gets too much high end when the volume is up high.
I would reccomend digging through the pedals and effects videos w/ juan alderete to find good stuff for bass tho

Like this one

youtu.be/hS4tBF5kuUU

I vote to change the name to /sg/ shoe gayz

Essential shoe gaze pedals?

>bass
>effects
Youre doing it wrong

Unless it's a compressor or dirt. Modulation can be cool sometimes too

>being this wrong
Keep posting, i need a good laugh

marshall guv'nor and a reverse reverb

This is the pedal board you need to make a fender sound good

This is the pedal board you need to make a gibson sound good

r8 my setup

Chaepo Behringer Tube Screamer (most likely to be replaced soon with an actual tube screamer) --> Chaepo Distortion Pedal (most likely to be replaced by a mid-range fuzz pedal that is currently broken but needs some soldering) --> Stereo Memory Man Delay with Hazarai

best chaep compression pedal?
best bit destruction pedal?

what exact shoe gaze band are you modeling you tone with?

nah brah it's sounds great if you split the signal and have a dry amp staying clean or being overdriven

look up
MXR M87 Bass Compressor
Keeley Compressor Pro
Markbass Compressore Pedal
Keeley Electronics Compressor
Aguilar TLC Compressor
Jim Dunlop MXR M87
EBS Multi Comp
Empress Effects Compressor
Electro-Harmonix Bass Preacher
the DigiTech Bass Squeeze and Boss LMB-3 Bass Limiter/Enhancer are the most budget friendly options

Steve Harris always had a nice compressed sound, he uses DBX 160A Compressors they're rack mount

bass pedal guys, I've always had a Big Muff (NYC style) as my only pedal. I got a cheap Tubescreamer the TS9 version and they sound great next to each other but I loss a lot of my low end. liked the combo of an over driven fuzz what you guys recommend?

can go for a more bass friendly screamer. i know is with mods they can sound good. don't want to mod it just yet.

heard that TS9DX Turbo might save more of the low end or should i just go for their for the bass version, the TS9B?

for the Muff i'm searching for a good Russian Big Muff clone, anyone know any good ones?

the Big Muff bass is my save go to back up plan

I have the interstellar orbiter and it's fun

Took apart my pedal board today, every once in a while I like to have a reset, I get set in a style or technique and can't not play that way, so sometimes I take apart my board and start again

What should I do this time? I want to try surf rock, I've been looking at reverb pedals, I like the hall of fame and the Polara, which to get?

Lolwut. You literally only need the guitar

those are all good for bass and EBS Billy Sheehan pedal is up there because it can work by itself or paired up with another compressor and any other variety of pedals
youtube.com/watch?v=W-VhsE0srBg

for guitar the Xotic SP Compressor or the TC Electronic Hyper Gravity

Picked up the MXR Micro Amp and the BOSS SD-1 a while ago.

The MXR is such a great pedal, it doesn't just boost your channel, it adds a certain type of warmth to your tone. I almost always have this on, even on cleans. At around 9-10 o'clock, this thing sounds great.

The SD-1 is also a great and simple pedal. It took me a while to find to decide which overdrive I wanted to use. I read many good things about the SD-1, and because I'm a filthy fanboy (jonny greenwood uses one), I decided to pick it up. But it sounds amazing, very crisp and warm overdrive.

>for the Muff i'm searching for a good Russian Big Muff clone, anyone know any good ones?

Check out Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian.

>gibson
>good

lel come back when you have a telecaster with a metalzone right into a line 6 you filthy pleb

wow didn't know they had this good of products. their Tri Pie '70 sounds so much better than my Big Muff

they even have Troy Sander's signature pedal. the Elephant Skin is pretty sick since it's a tweeked out Tall Font Russian but really, i'm in love with that Pickle Pie B

thanks for the recommendation

>tele
Vomit

I don't know any shugaz bands desu

>(jonny greenwood uses one)
replaced with a boss OD-3 since the king of limbs.

Should I take chances with this knockoff pedal or should I just get the MXR Bass deluxe?

the MOOER logo has the unfortunate resemblance of the word NIGGER

depends what you want

that Tender has good low end control with that sub switch but if you go with this option you'll be stuck in this sound the Tender isn't versatile or flexible enough to switch through different sounds it does one thing and one thing only, but damn it does that one thing good

MXR Bass deluxe is a great pedal but tame compared to the wild chorus sounds some other pedals can get but if you want a clean and safe tone go for the MXR

but yeah i rather go for the crazier option Tender it is

what are the basics for pedals? im new to this and only familiar with fuzz, wah wah, distortion and the looper.

christ lad you're right

Anyone know any good Uni Vibe pedals that sound like the original ones ?

What is the best fuzz for doom metal and why is it pic related?

how does NMH get their sound?
im a pleb, please don't hate me

anyone know if the crybaby from hell is worth the price/ am I better off getting a standard wah?

step your game up and get the Billy Duffy wah

why tho?