There is opinion that South Park is goin' to shit, I mean, starting with 18 season and getting worse

There is opinion that South Park is goin' to shit, I mean, starting with 18 season and getting worse.
(I share this opinion)
In Russian some people says that we are just russian rednecks and can't understant humor because humor became understandable only for US residents. In the other side, I think it's fucked up what happened to main characters especially Cartman, moreover "main four" even isn't main anymore, mainstream is now Garisson and fucking memberberries.
American user, what do you think, is South Park still relevat, cool and funny like it used to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2oI_iXU_yY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Southpark has been going to shit for way longer than you think.

17 season was cool, at least episod about red cow is fucking awesome.

Best episode will forever be "Make Love, not Warcraft"

The season-long story arc doesn't work for a show like this. People will watch once, in order, then never again.

The writer's are at there peak. You still watch every episode so stfu!

I personally think South Park went to shit shortly after Chef was killed off. He was the catalyst that kept them as children with foul mouths. Scott Tenerman didn't help though since it pretty much turned Cartman from fat kid tryin to act cool into the ultimate unstoppable evil.

I don't think so. I can't even choose the best episode cause there is at least 10-15 of their.

It's been shit since season 13, be real man.

Best one for me was when Cartman had that ginger kids parents killed and fed them to him.

Dude, 14-17 seasons was OK.
Though, I think 8 season is the best one.

The last good episode that I remember was Black Friday Trilogy. Also the VR is worth mentioning. Everything else season 11- today was pretty shitty.

The best seasons were 6,8,9 and 10. Especially 8 and 10.

By the way, 18 season is the shittest one.

i think its been getting better
season 19 and 20 are great

I like it and I don't really give a fuck what others think.

It's an American show for americans. Of course you don't understand it because you're not part of the greatest nation on earth. The show is funnier than ever and totally relevant. Everybody loves that show.

member when Kyle used to say what he had learnt every episode? ... I member

It went to shit, but there's a good episode from time to time.

Member when they'd kill Kenny every episode? I member..

member when Eric was not such a fucking douche? ... I member

It's weird.
A lot of people think these last few seasons are the best that southpark has to offer, while other people think they're shit.
The whole change in format (basically a continuous show instead of separate episodes with separate stories) is kinda weird for me.
They basically made the show way more centered around parodying current events, which can be sucky for non-american watchers, since most the of shit they talk about is centered around american stuff.
You don't get those silly one off episodes about random shit where they just try to make it as funny as they can, instead you get these long seasons where they try to actually talk about a few topic in depth. The people who have always liked that about south park are the ones that think these past few seasons are the best, while the people who liked southpark for just being a funny show with weird shit happening in it, probably find these seasons boring.

I'm honestly not sure myself. I always liked southparks commentary on shit so I'm still enjoying the show, but these past seasons seem to be nothing but that. I kind of miss the episodes where stupid shit happens.

it has literally always been a parody of current events, where the fuck have you been

Seconded

On that note, we saw kenny perma die and then he appears in some episode like a hidden character like the aliens were beforehand, what's up with that shit?

It's almost as if we don't live in a fucking hivemind, how shocking.

I never said that it wasn't about current events, but it used to be centered around single episodes.
Centering them around single episodes let them do some really weird shit, because after the episode ended, they could just forget about it.
Also they would usually have an episode talking about a certain topic, and then move on to the next one for the next episode.
Now the past few seasons have been centered around a few specific topics (PC, SJW, the elections, stuff like that) so they kind of have to keep to the narative. Now you turn on the new episode and you basically know what it's going to be about in general.

Name one fucking TV show that held up after 10+ seasons nigger

South Park

i know right
i miss those totally random episodes where something random out of another universe or planet happens like that episode
"pinewood derby"

i think thats why im beggining to love rick and morty since it grabbed that essence of multi dimensional randomness and proving how unimportant and puny our planet is

South Park.

Retard.

simpsons
rekt

yeah well the creativity is peaking is so theyre pulling off this boring linear narative

It is what it always has been you are just getting older and more bored.

they been going for a LONG time - a shift-up in the structure and focus was well needed IMO and theyve done a fantastic job that has let them explore more of this cutting-edge sociopolitical commentary and why the fuck not.

It hasnt got better or worse IMO it has changed and evolved into something new

i dont know
seems to me that ironically that southpark itself is becoming pc hence why they showed pc principal and still keeping him in the story arc

The entire season was shitting on pc culture you fuck

It went shit when they made that anti George Zimmerman episode

Pretty obs they are now lib cucks controlled by Jews

nah it felt more like it was pandering to it

I like the newer seasons. Still funny as shit to me and love the ongoing story. Take some member berries and watch older episodes. I''m glad they went away from standalone episodes, its progression imo. The old episodes are still there for you to watch and enjoy

the old styled episodes is what made southpark so great in the first place
now its just a lot of bullcrap pandering to current events in a rushed lazy format
i mean they could have fitted a lot of stuff these past 2 seasons into a three part episode and then move on

God damn it.
The whole fucking thing with southpark (and the creators said it themselves) is that they basically just sit in the middle and laugh at both sides for their stupid bullshit.

south park became one of the worst tv show when they pulled out kenny years ago, now it's litteraly the griffin with more social justice comentary

I meeember

We love South Park in particular for blood, shit, trash and at the same time "deep sense" which reflected in Kyle's speech at the end of episode. They removed it, they removed all features which made us love this show.

kenny is still in wtf are you talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=2oI_iXU_yY8

Hey hey let's go! kenka suru
Taisetsu na mono o protect my balls
Boku ga warui so let's fighting
Let's fighting love
Let's fighting love

Google "nosulus rift"
That is some genius shit right there

Ohhh it's one of my favorite episodes! (OP)

haha yea noticed the email from ubisoft
for a brief moment im thinking is this real
then realise southpark just trolled the fuck out of me

Cheers to this

It seems that Rick and Morty is gonna replace South Park cuz there crazy shit are still happening.

not to mention how great they are at doing what southpark should be which is staying true to random situations each episode but still havng that background linear story move along like how Ricks current situation at the end of this season

is"

By the way, where 3 season of Rick&Morty supposed to come?

when*

getthelube.com

this december according to most news articles

Mat stone and trey parker are pretty ingenious.

By buying into this "remember when? and is south park is shit now?" you are literally not getting the underlying Memeberberry meme and are stumbling DIRECTLY into it the joke.

or its just an ingenuis scapegoat to distract us from their shitty episodes thus far

As someone who watched South Park since it first aired, this is my breakdown

>seasons 1-2
The show was weird, quirky, but very raw during these seasons. Matt and Trey didn't think the show was going to be as big as it was. Some truly great random humor, lots of fart jokes, etc.

>seasons 3-10
The best seasons, in my opinion. Classic South Park episodes live in this area.

>seasons 11-15
Kind of hit or miss. As the show was becoming more and more popular it began to weigh itself down. Still a lot of great episodes during this time but also a good handful of 2edgy5me stuff. You begin to notice that Matt and Trey are getting older and it's reflected in their writing. The episodes also begin to look like Matt and Trey aren't trying as much anymore towards the latter part of this bracket.

>seasons 16-18
Probably the worst period of South Park. Just stupid one-liner catch phrases that usually don't stick every episode, dumbass plots, the beginning of the multi-episode story arcs. This is when I really just stopped laughing hard during episodes

>season 19
Starting to recover a little bit. Matt and Trey are definitely older as is the core of South Park's fans. I love the attacks on political correctness, but the show begins to be less about four boys in a random CO mountain town and more about pop culture.

>season 20
Meh. The show speaks to me on different levels now but I haven't laughed out loud hard at any of the episodes this season. Just a sharp exhale through my nostrils here and there and maybe a chuckle.

Still a great show OVERALL though

tbh, this doesn't make the arguments invalid though.
Trey and mat knowing that people used to like the show more before and making fun of it doesn't really change the fact that those people actually liked the show more before.
They're basically saying that it's just stupid nostalgia (and I do think it really is a pretty big part of it), but it's not just that. Some people genuinely like the new format less.

this
pretty much on point

yup, this is pretty accurate.

Dude, I know that I am "memberberrying", but why Stone and Parker are trolling own fans? I mean they are doing shit, jokin' about memberberrys and laughing at fans remember old episodes.

>liberal cuck
>calls Clinton turd sandwich

Really cause I get people sayin Rick and morty is basically south park without any jokes not bad but not funny

This is like criticizing a good steak cause they didn't give you a bathtub of a1 to bath in while you eat it

its actually pretty funny and has a decent engaging story
prob some edgelords

It's pretty cool to learn english watching South Park.

it has literally grabbed the essence of south parks multi dimensial randomness (which i always loved about south park), and the nostalgia likeness of "back to the future

Because theyre fucking trolls themselves. They are carrying on the tradition of trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls for teh lulz. He went back to the old times

Issac hayes died man, he couldnt come back

'Member when South Park was goood...'

wut.
>a bathtub of a1
I have no idea what this is.
The criticism that some people liked the old format more is a normal criticism. It's not being spoiled or anything, it's literally just a preference.

i think he left the show before that
because he was a scientologist and they ripped on that in one of the episodes

Scot Tenenbaum Must Die

correct. he just happened to die shortly afterwards.

>multi dimensial randomness
Exactly, I love if fucked up shit happens SUDDENLY

Like they parody kenny g molesting all those kids by having him molest mr garrison in south america as the kids make the world shit themselves with the brown note

What do you think about similarity of South Park and Kevin Smith's films?

loved clerks wish they did more

he"

Yeah pretty much diehards put the best between 5 and 10.

MASH

Simpsons is still good at what it does

South Park is different now than it used to be but still as good.

Daily Show was good for years until Jon Stewart left.

I think Cheers made ten or more seasons and it was always good

Saturday Night Live goes through its ups and downs but still remains consistently funny.

No idea, i just remember he died between 2 episodes. I assume he just died and they retconned him

Mash never had a bad season

Id argue that fraiser is top tier at 12 seasons

in the superadventure episodes he comes back and they use the soundboards from the previous episodes (since the actor left the show) and then he dies and gets turned into darth chef
which i`m surprised they havent brought back by now for the lols

Easily in my top two or three episodes. Really captured an eight year olds imagination. Another good one was Lil Crimestoppers.

They have him in the game, from soundboards, mixed with hitlers speeches

Yep also agreeing. I can still go back to the early season and laugh til tears. But these new ones I don't really laugh at all. Hardly smile.

I loved the one where ike fucks his teacher, and taming strange

South Park has been going to shit since S01E01. This is why we care for it and love it. If you don't like it you can always change channels and watch Rick and Morty.

They've initiated story arcs which allows a deeper connection and meaning; however, they're not always more humorous

oh yeah now i remmeber still have to play it
but i like that they made the game in of itself like a long nostalgic remaster of southpark episodes
its like watching a whole new episode whilst playing it
i think the game is the best representation of all the good times in southpark and how shitty it is now

>south park is shit
>Rick and morty though XD
You sound like a fucking faggot that just likes Rick and morty because it makes you feel smart

i think he was trying to point out the opposite you idiot
read it again

Op, I love South Park forever. The humour may be definitely confusing if you're Russian, even some American kids don't understand really what the joke is about.

But it's funny now as ever, I've loved every episode of South Park since it was out.

I say, it's GREAT now, but it was better then. Amazing early on and now it's just really good

JOHN EDWARD
Everything I tell people is positive and gives them hope! How does that make me a douche?!

STAN
Because the big questions in life are tough: Why are we here? Where are we from? Where are we going? But if people believe in asshole douchey liars like you, we're never gonna find the real answer to those questions. You aren't just lying, you're slowing down the progress of all mankind, you douche!

BIGGEST DOUCHE IN THE UNIVERSE for BEST EPISODE EVAR OF ALL TIEM