I fucking love this movie

I fucking love this movie

Then you might also like

I really really liked it too but the ice planet was stupid

You suck. Watch this then read Book of the New Sun. There are lots of great works of science-fiction which deal with man's place in the universe in relation to space-travel. Contact us not one of them.

DUDE GOD LMAO

So do I

>you suck
>watch this weebshit

Found Dannyboytbh

fun fact: this was written by the same guy who invented neil de grasse tyson's cosmos

I've also watched honey mayonnaise
fuck off

*is not one of them

I'm not down with all of the hip new memes. Is Dannyboy related to the ironic spanish shitposting in some way?

They're all connected like some twisted trail of breadcrumbs

>matthew mconaughey is in both movies
woa

contact is GOAT 'realistic' sci-fi
interstellar was good and fun but i dont think its at the same level as contact was

nice trips of shit taste. Contact is a weak movie. It's fairly well made but does a lame-ass job of being anything other than people going into space and gets worse with every viewing. What's to love? The competent execution? The only great thing in the movie is James Woods but he can carry absolutely anything. The movie does a pathetic job of dealing with religion and faith and Matthew McConnaghy's character seems to exist purely to explain shit to the audience.

Book of the New Sun has the best foreign covers.

This is a good thread for digits if nothing else.

fuck off

>OKAM'Z RAZOR
>I NEED PROOF
>TIPS FEDORA

>Proof, eh?
>Did you love your father?
>y-yes....
>PROVE IT

ATHEIST
B
T
F
O

Yes well done extremist bombers, well done extremist bombers

HOWEVER

>christian suicide bombers

#notallchristians

Why does Jodie Foster shoot down her own position at the end of the movie and start treating something she knows she saw as a matter of faith? Why does the government withhold what is almost concrete evidence that she didn't just fall for a few seconds like they say? What was the point of sending up the other guy first just to have Cpl. Ace blow him up? Why does whether anybody believes her about the aliens or not even matter at the end of the movie since the ayys said that they won't do anything for an indefinite period of time? Is the movie boiling an idea as deep and complex as spiritual faith down to 'believe if it makes you feel good because it changes literally nothing?'

What is someone supposed to take away from Contact? What is there to 'fucking love?'

I thought it was wanker movie. If you want to watch a epic space film look into these:

>Wingcomander (get HD version fucken good VFX)
>Blackhole(Made by Disney but very dark)
>The Arrival (Pre-HIV Charlies Shean film)
>Sphere (James Cameron underwater master)
>Enders Game (Weird kid angst vibe to it but really nice lore and twists)

i do too, despite jodie's terrible acting.

Fucking. LOVED. that scene.

Because she has no proof and has resigned herself to the fact that she most likely never will. She also seems to realize that she's sort of become the E.T.'s "apostle," one of the people who will help mankind adjust to the fact that we're not alone slowly over time instead of something akin to how isolated indigenous tribes experience a cultural collapse when faced with proof of cultures so far beyond them in terms of technology, they might as well be gods.

"Small moves, Ellie. Small moves."

Top tier ayy lmao movie.

So shes just a pawn in the whole game.
The true move is in the wiped footage

I can't get over the plot
>after the warp gate thing was destroyed
>the movie looks to be over
>BUT WAIT we built the exact same one!
>Yes, the destruction of the original one and its subplots were a waste of time!

>watching cartoons
Go away kid, this is thread for adults.

You think the government wiped the footage?

No, but its enough to prove something weird happened, enough to keep looking.
I mean really, her whole personal experience was meaningless. Perhaps the movie is trying to say that although feelings are nice and all, one person means nothing ultimately.

>mfw he calls himself a child of god christian

Yeah i agree OP. I fucking love it.

I think it's saying that truth and fact aren't always the same thing. It's more about adjusting to the idea that we're not alone than seeing irrefutable(and irrevocable) proof of it.

Some of the conspiracy crowd believes that part of Hollywood's "agenda" is pushing films involving aliens for that very reason - to acclimate people to the arrival of our alien overlords.

Do they ever actually go to space? Fell asleep before anything good happened.

Yes.

Another Earth is good too.As well as Coherence.

You might like I, Origins.

Contact isn't realistic