Do hip-hop fans look down on people who only bump the classics of the late 80s - early 00s in the same way rock fans...

Do hip-hop fans look down on people who only bump the classics of the late 80s - early 00s in the same way rock fans look down on people who only listen to rock from the late 60s - early 80s?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/zeruelbeats
soundcloud.com/djyungvampire13
soundcloud.com/glockzbeats
soundcloud.com/triplesixlord/boujee-w-mythic
soundcloud.com/thajournalist/tracks
youtu.be/_J09aeeBVtk
youtu.be/G1-SA1DvIEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

/thread

littlle bit

of course

funky beats > tryhard gangster shit

Considering the only thing I see mentioned around Sup Forums that is related to modern hip-hop is shitty memerap acts like Kendrick, I doubt their opinions are really worth shit.

only really in the last 5 years or so, predictable really, kids growing up and want to seem xD cool and unique1!!1!!11!1! so they disrespect the classics

Yes cause they are viewed as tryhard close minded fags

No

there is a genre that mixes old school hip-hop tracks adapting them to current tempo of low-fi trap and vaportrap using bass and hi-hats.

It's called phonk, unfortunately all fags of /mu care only for overhyped shit like grimes, kpop and old crappy faded in obscurity rock . I haven't seen any phonk general yet in this stupid board.

>classics of the late 80s - early 00s
That's cool, but middle 80's hip-hop is garbage.

It's not really disrespecting the classics, just people who worship the classics.

>phonk

can you link me some? sounds interesting

soundcloud.com/zeruelbeats
soundcloud.com/djyungvampire13
soundcloud.com/glockzbeats
soundcloud.com/triplesixlord/boujee-w-mythic
soundcloud.com/thajournalist/tracks

all of them have their own unique mix phonk spectrum

Eh. I prefer plonk to be quite honest.

youtu.be/_J09aeeBVtk

not a fan to be honest

funky old school beats clash horribly with the emphasised bass. i'm sure it's possible to create some cool stuff but why make it so much harder on yourself

yes but new hip hop fans listen to uzi, migos, and that xxx faggot so i couldn't care less what those coons and wiggers think

I prefer pronk

Oh no its another "reel hip hop" man...

I definitely do. I call them tryhards and "backpackers" and tell them to go listen to Common.

I don't have a lot of tolerance for people who believe in cultural degeneracy. What's really happening is that with age, things that used to be dangerous become safe and accepted. People who can only listen to safe and accepted rap really get on my nerves. Grow a fucking pair.

>funky old school beats

yeah, that's why old beats are rare, they mostly mix current hip-hop, though you can listen to some old school stuff like biggie.

youtu.be/G1-SA1DvIEk

>Do hip-hop fans look down on people who only bump the classics of the late 80s - early 00s

They call them dustheads

>biggie
>not funky beats
>g-funk
>not funky beats

what's wrong with calling it out for being shit?

The moment you take the melody out of a genre, the lyrics are all you really have left. If your lyrics are shit and there's nothing clever about them, what is the problem in calling it out?

thank you ill listen later

Not really phonk is just a re-purposing of Memphis rap by newer producer, most of whom are talentless and over-sample the hiphop they're attempting to "homage".

SGP started it with his Raider Klan group. They're have been groups who used the style, but it was highly popularized by the kids out in Miami.

>this
if the rap ain't about selling drugs or killing people, I don't wanna listen to it

I've posted a playlist that includes some of their mixes here but soundcloud more variety.

is this an internet "movement" like witchhouse or vaporwave or is it something real and legit?

the point is not giving some of the new artist a chance because its not "real hip hop" or whatever.
there are still some good modern rappers out there and its silly to let the slide under you radar just because they arent from the golden era.

It is growing through soundcloud so you may call it internet movement that includes some elements of vaporwave but it's quite unique and personal.

yes.

because it's literally the same mentality as people who only listen to their dads collection of led zeppelin and pink floyd. music progresses, and there's nothing wrong with enjoying and appreciate classics, but god damn, I can't imagine listening to bare bones production from the 90s exclusively.

There's no real shame in this. It's been really difficult to take the hip-hop community seriously ever since the release of MBDTF. That release and the subsequent reaction single-handedly destroyed any notion that the average hip-hop listener is in anyway discerning, cultured or has even the most basic understanding of music as an art form. The hip-hop community past the mid-00s is a blind hype dick thrusting into space, occasionally striking gold (Kendrick) but generally little more than an oblivious embarrassment to anyone with a sense of taste.

modern hip hop is so fucking pleb if you defend it you are a monkey or a wigger

how's middle school going?

/thread

hip hop production has regressed from the 90s if anything. lost the strong sense of rhythm that emphasised rapping and its lyrical content. the genre is stale as fuck now

I don't know i they look down on them.. but they'll probably just assume they're young. The difference, in my opinion, is that even after the 70's there were great underground rock bands, while in hip-hop there were a few good artists (MF Doom, El-P, Dalek) that came after the 2000's, but none that completely revolutionized anything.

>El-P
>good

Not as much as a rapper.. but his production on the Cold Vein and Hell's Winter is great.. I don't think anyone can deny that

nah hiphop is continuing to progress. We're seeing more experimental shit than ever.

However I'd definitely concede that the mainstream has fell hard since MBDTF, only being picked up by Kendrick

this album is actually worse than you're saying. it signals the beginning of the end for western civilisation - white people will be extinct in the next 2-3 decades and we'll deserve it for allowing shit like this to happen