Why did the Zune fail?

Why did the Zune fail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k4RQA-4XfmE
youtube.com/watch?v=a_o1hHJsTWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

microsoft is not a "cool" brand and the marketing of the zune was weak

that aside, it came at a time when the ipod was already on top of the market and no one really gave a shit

because the logo kind of looked like it said anus when you turned it upside down

Because of the 2008 crash?
I think generally because nobody liked Microsoft branding at the time.
They'll basically never recover the coolness factor at this point, so they've tried to become the software Intel and just enterprise themselves to success.
It's the kind of media player your boss would use after firing you because your job moved overseas.

Coz I bought one
>Heh edgy teen not gonna buy APPLEFAG products

It didn't offer anything significantly better / more interesting than the iPod. It was basically just a less cool iPod.

But the thing is that they should never have tried to compete on "cool".

Look at Android and iOS - this shows that you can definitely compete with Apple, but what you have to do is go after a different market. Like Microsoft already did, with Windows over the Mac.

They should have built a music player that appealed to nerds, techies, people wanting more CUSTOMISATION than the iPod offered, more personalisation, greater flexibility in terms of file formats, perhaps more powerful hardware, a cheaper price, these sorts of things.

They didn't differentiate the product enough. That's why it failed.

fuck I loved this thing. My mom wouldn't buy me one, but after school in extended day, I would listen to music on my friend's Zune (it was mostly metalcore

)
got you user

What?

I loved my Zune Hd honestly it was portable, had enough storage space and was pretty sturdy
rip zune

this guy is right

Zune was an iPod with inferior hardware that cost almost the same but made you look poor. I owned two of them. One broke when it fell off a coffee table onto carpet.

The other broke just on its own sitting on a counter.

I mean, I'm a PC person (obviously) and if the Zune had offered *anything* other than "same as the iPod only built worse," I'd still be defending it today. But it just sucked.

it looks like auns you autist

It had a better UI than the iPod IMO. Plus making playlists on the fly was a huge feature for me

this made me smile a lot more than it should have

Because it was a shitty iPod

haha thx

>Ugly, felt and looked cheap
>Virtually PSP/Vita levels of marketing and support
>General dislike of Microsoft as a brand

Apple had the coolness factor and excellent marketing at the time, plus Apple had iTunes, which if I recall, Microsoft didn't have a sister program like that developed for the Zune.

They were expensive and came in at a time were smart phones were making music players obsolete. Then Microsoft bought Nokia.

I still have my Zune HD. I always have people asking me what it is.

like this guy said
The Zune software was actually really fucking nice and had an attractive scrolling feature and automatically fixed ID3 tags.

it also came with the nicest earbuds I've ever owned --rope-wound with very responsive bass and magnets to prevent tangling

too bad the internal hardware was prone to just straight-up crumbling

youtu.be/k4RQA-4XfmE

>ugly
>looked cheap

Nigga that shit was he most attractive MP3 player to ever exist, and fuck you at least the Zune had brushed aluminum on the back rather than straight glossy shit that got covered in finger prints like the iPod, fuck you.

My Zune was great.

The software was the best.

However, Ipod was a status symbol.

I was also annoyed Zune HD didn't ever really get any updates because they abanadoned it.

Nigger what

youtube.com/watch?v=a_o1hHJsTWU

had the one on the left and it was great, but then the hard drive broke ;_;