Sup Forums covers The Beatles

PREVIEW EP:
hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/and-i-love-her-ive-just-seen-a-face-lucy-in-the-sky

>50 Beatles songs spanning their entire career, in chronological order, being covered by Sup Forumstants any way they wish to interpret them
>being sent to me where I'm compiling them for a bandcamp release and for download
>finished songs have to be emailed to me at [email protected] to be included
>you can collaborate with others (for example contribute the instrumentation to someone's vocals, or vice versa)
>very close to being finished, awaiting the final few songs to be submitted

SONGS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO BE CLAIMED:
Come Together
Back In The USSR
Get Back
Yesterday

If you have claimed a song and are still working on it, you must update me on your progress when you can. You know who you are. I am freeing songs up a lot quicker now in an attempt to get this damn thing released asap. Be aware that if you claim a song and don't post in the thread or email me about the timescale you're looking to complete it on, it is likely to be taken away from you very quickly. If it is, and you still submit it after I've let someone else claim it, theirs will be used ahead of yours.

>Bandcamp
hangingdong.bandcamp.com/
>Best Of compilation from previous albums
hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/the-very-best-of-hanging-dong-volume-i
>Facebook
/Hanging-Dong-309806615895057/

In this thread we can continue to discuss the topics of how/where to live stream the album when it is finished, as we did in the previous thread before it hit the bump limit

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/qvvecjdl
suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/holy-smokes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also at the end of the last thread for those who missed it and can't be bothered to read through, the next cover album will be David Bowie, from Space Oddity to Scary Monsters.

H Y P E

saw her standing there is all recorded except vox

You'll be opening the album, user. No pressure

Hey famalam, Twist n shout guy here, i've just finished recording, imma mix and master.

Hey senpai, i want to do space oddity, is it to early to claim it?

claim'd Back In The USSR

actually digging lucy in the sky w diamonds its fuckin good

josh soria here, count me in dong

Yeah too early to claim Bowie songs yet. I'm gonna draft a track list first, and while that song is obviously a guarantee to be on there, I'm gonna wait until there's a set in stone selection of stones so that people don't force my hand by claiming their personal favourites.

Thanks lad, look forward to listening.

Okay cool, you're the billionth person to so all I can say is hopefully you deliver.

Hello Dong, could you post one or two more songs from the incoming album to keep us hyped?

muh dick

If there's still tracks left tomorrow afternoon I'm gonna crank one out like the last one, if that's ok.

>I'm gonna wait until there's a set in stone selection of stones so that people don't force my hand by claiming their personal favourites

Seconded. Are there gonna be certain criteria you base the selection on?

this might be a good idea

I know it's another week, but you could set a definitive Friday release date. Hype it up with a few more songs, and give the remaining people time to not rush the last few.

Shit, meant to say set in stone selection of songs, but you get my point anyway

Top lad

I said I would if it was delayed further, so yeah, I will do

Okay thanks lad.

And I'm not sure at the moment. Rather than chronological order I think I'm going to make a list of his most highly acclaimed songs from that period, including his best-selling and most famous songs but also fan-favourite deep cuts, and decide the track order based on the style of the submissions. Will of course be looking to represent each album from SO to SM fairly, so we can't really include every Ziggy song for example, but obviously some will probably feature more than others like on this Beatles album.

I'll take suggestions when the time comes on songs people would like to see too, maybe even set up a strawpoll. But there's no point in bombarding me with suggestions now because I won't take notice until we get this current project done.

Yeah a definitive release date would be beneficial. I'll see what happens with this last wave of songs and try and set one as soon as possible.

Can I have come together? I have a parody I play with my mates I call 'Fall Apart'

Anyone down for a little teaser to maintain the hype.

clyp.it/qvvecjdl

This is fucking gr8
Very muppet babies/Diarrhea Planet
Love it

Jesus Christ that was terrible.

i'll take Come Together

I already called it, nigger.

Well, I try.

it was ok

At least add some screaming teenage girls to the intro and extro of it.

Love it 2bh, good work

You can have it but it needs to be an actual cover and not a parody

It looks like it'll be a race, because I was also interested in it

>extro

Mate, it's only like 50% finished. You just wait...

What if we blend our guitar tracks together? Or shit I can just play bass if you want.

time to rerecord saw her standing there

that could work

what key do you want to play in? And are we sticking to the original tempo or?

original key, but we could probably take it a little slower

Ok I have a bit of an idea for the bassline, I'll mess with it a bit and record. Do you have an email I can send it to you at?

[email protected]

This is gonna be the best tribute to The Beatles since Homer's Barbershop Quartet

check your email, dong. i sent the revised penny lane

EP is excellent guys

EP #2 WHEN

This

Dong, check your email, i sent you Twist and Shout, hope you like it.

Can you upload a quick sample of it? Literally one of my fave beatle songs i want to hear it

bump

yeah ep is great

Hey Dong, I have an idea. For the songs you reject/other versions of songs that were completed first, will they be included as bonus tracks or released seperately at all?

The Dong and Winding Load

>I was born on the ninth of October, the ninth month
What did John mean by this?

Nevermind dong, I'm having trouble with my email, i'll send it as soon as i can, But you are getting it today

Likely story

You'll have to wait ;)))

I claimed yesterday

standing there is almost done! i rerecorded it to be a lot better as an opener

Update on get back, i have drums and bass left to do and its done.

saw her standing is sent

What do you mean by that my dude?

why does the album cover have so many stale memes?

because its Sup Forums

What do you mean by that my dude?

poo off

I might have to send Get Back tomorrow cause wifi is shitty and wont let me send shit to my phone so i can record drum track because no wireless headphones

Ay dong, you said you would post some new tracks to the ep?

this

HEY BUMPDOG

Having a shit in a nightclub at the moment, will do it when I get home

Pretty cool, 2bh

e-drums are just awful

NEW TRACKS GET HYPE

oh jeez

re-sent standing because i didnt like the mix on the first half

What you on?

Beatlejuice

>literally being a meme

lad....

who is thisv directed towards?

U friend

I...

I already sent you twist and shout Dong, hope you like it.

I bumped the thread today, oh boy

where is dong the fucker

Class A shit ngl

Will be home pretty soon

is that his official title?

"Dong, the Fucker"

im thinking more "dong fucker" as in someone who fucks dongs, exclusively

I wonder what Dong looks like

>Hanging Dong

Home now, give me a minute and I'll check my emails

can anyone tell me the name of that other Sup Forums project that had an album called "jesus cum in me" or something

I think you might be thinking of the album "In The Aeroplane Over the Sea" by "Neutral Milk Hotel".

I know it seems like just a Sup Forums joke album, but it's actually real and was made by a lonely autistic boy who became obsessed with the Diary of Anne Frank. It's actually a really sad story, and I encourage you to read up on it.

Hey, how was the club?

i can't imagine well

One bump hot n fresh

jnk

Are you talking about this?
suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/holy-smokes

Preemptively calling Space Oddity

I KNEW IT! I FUCKING KNEW IT! Las thread when I heard David Bowie was next, I said "who's going to want to do late 80's to early 90's bowie?" and I was called a pleb. WELL I WAS RIGHT! WE AREN'T DOING LATE 80'S AND EARLY 90'S! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I actually think a better idea would be to release a little ep of outtakes to retain the surprise of the rest of the finished album.

lmao calm down you fucking sperg

It's just that it annoyed me that since I said that not a lot of people are going to want to do songs from that era, my whole taste of music is judged.

I mean who even likes Never Let Me Down.