Which Lain was the best Lain?

which Lain was the best Lain?

Other urls found in this thread:

fauux.neocities.org/login.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I always wondered what the fuck happened to her sister

I liked her best when she starts doubting what is real and what is in the Wired

>animation flubs.jpg

She went into the Wired and got her brain scrambled by the Knights who were trying to get to Lain. I always felt bad for her because the actors portraying her parents just said "fuck it" and left her in the house. Oh well, nothing wrong with a little collateral damage.

I thought her whole family was fake?

Do you think Lain was inspired by Videodrome? I saw the latter for the first time the other day and thought it thematically similar to Lain, the world we create for ourselves in media becomes more real than reality and it becomes hard to tell which is which.

BEEP BEEP BEEP KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I like the aesthetic of SEL but the fucking story is so balls to the wall
I should probably watch it again

It was. Her sister still got FUCKED tho.

is lain to autists and neets what emilia clarke is to fat 30 year old women?

the one in bear pajamas

>but the fucking story is so balls to the wall
it's just a Jesus allegory with the internet. Lain's omnipresence creates copies which fuck shit up for regular people mentally. infodumps every three episodes about interesting shit nobody cares about. the villain is a false God, Lain is the real God. there you go.

I got the whole virtual messiah subject but the trajectory of the story is presented so convolutely and ambiguously

Yeah, I can see that. Scenes don't really have a beginning or end, you kind of drop from one to the next. that's why I was always relieved when they cut to that same shot of the school with all the kids running around. it became a very comforting life vessel throughout the show.

reminder that despera is never coming out

doushite rain?

Never ever, but it's fine. Three great shows from that team is all I could ask for, especially from a medium that's 90% trash.

Her sister was the only one real

she was a real bitch.

Eh. Kinda. Still, she also was a fixed point in the series until she went cray cray

fauux.neocities.org/login.html

The scene in which she splits in two when going back to school. Holy shit.

smug lain

bump

>I envy you, Lain, because you are someone I will never be: A human being with a free will.
What did he mean by this?