Hey /b

hey /b

getting my first gun next monday but i don't know what to start with

i know i want a shotgun, any suggestions on make/model?

how do you know you want a shotgun?

mainly want it for home defense since i'm going to move out on my own soon

and it's either a rifle or a shotgun since i'm not 21 yet, figured shotgun would be the way to go

Remington 870 marine magnum.

Nice and Shiny

if you have the $ Saiga 12's are sweet

You know how I know he wants a shotgun?
He fucking said he wants a shotgun.

Fucking moron.

semi auto winchester if you'd want my recommendation

i was just trying to figure out what he mainly wanted to use it for. no need to get butthurt and cry.

Get a double-barreled shotgun with replaceable chokes. It's the most versatile weapon you can imagine and it's classy.

If your not hunting. Just home defense. I'd say Moss burg 500

Mossberg 590 shootgun

Stop this meme already.

If you're on a budget, get a Mossberg 500. It's a reliable gun.

double barrel break action 8 gauge and he can pretend he is fending off indians attacking his stage coach

mossberg 500 is one of the best home defense 12
on the market, reliable and reasonablely priced.

Why a shotgun? Get a Ruger 10/22 or maybe a S&W 357 which will chamber .38 Special rounds...

please try to keep up

Remington 870s are basically the ultimate home defense shotgun, Marine magnums are sweet but about 200 bucks more on average only to give you a nickel/triton coating which is only for preventing rust in salty air conditions (Like being on a boat).

Definitely 870 though. Insane value for the money you're paying and a great company behind it.

Pic related, you can get them new for 270-350 bucks depending on where you get it.

Like other anons have said, Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 are the two most popular starter pump-action models, and with good reason. They'll do what you ask of them. I prefer the Mossy b/c ambidextrous tang safety and metal trigger group, others like the Remy b/c available magazine extensions. Your call.

What's your favorite shotgun? Mine is pic related

keltek ksg

see

get the tactical and slap an LED flashlight on it.

Buy one for your kids while you're at it. You know it's perfectly ok to give a 5 year old a weapon. Just don't let the see a penis tho, it can fuck them up for life.

Or drive, them cars are dangerous.

God I love america....

and God loves america too

Solid advice here. Trips don't lie.

thanks for the suggestions, i'm going to take a look in the store monday

i hope they don't charge an arm and a leg for a Remington, my buddy got a .22 rifle and they charged him fucking 600 for it

just get a maverick 88. its like a cheaper mossberg 500

If we're going by bodycount alone, cars cause more deaths in the US than guns.

Ohh, I forgot about your imaginary friend you use as an excuse and a crutch all in one go.

you will most likely find it cheaper online, so look around before you throw your $ at the fudd store clerk

This guy gets it. Also can't go wrong with a 500 or a 590 like mine ;)

>Ruger 10/22
why the fuck would he waste his time with a fucking .22

Most people don't use guns for over an hour day do they, nimrod?

go to a gun show OP

also pic related

Ammo is cheap. Gun's useless if you don't practice with it. Also OP is probably a pussy, so .22 sounds about right.

cheap yeah but totally impractical for home defense. If he only gets a .22 for home defense, he's better off putting the barrel in his mouth

Prettier to look at.

Pic related.

funner to kill with also. win win!

What's up with Americans and pump-action shitguns? Why would you buy a pump-action gun when you can buy a semi-automatic one?

im all for people having guns but oc people are fucking deplorable.

price, reliability

>What does "bodycount alone" mean?
It's one of the many reasons that giving a car to a child is more dangerous than a gun, you fucking fool

akimbo model 1887s, really powerful and such a good range. if not, try the SPAS-12. can't go wrong there.

Lots of options with a shotgun for home defense.

Birdshot for low penetration between walls, so if your family is in the next room you don't have to worry.

Slug or Buckshot if you live alone in the middle of the woods.

Rock salt as a less-lethal option if manslaughter charges sound too troublesome.

Ever hear the sound of the pump action?

Sole reason for me.

MOSSBERG because you can say that you own a Mossberg then

Semi's may jam, but pump's almost never will.

mossberg 500 definitely. if you can't afford it get a mossberg maverick 88. it's the 500 on a budget. works great.

a decent caliber pistol will be enough for
home defense OT: is 6.3 inches dick ok?

500s are rock solid. Make sure you practice with it. They will never let you down.

if you dont intend to kill who/what youre shooting at then you shouldnt be shooting a gun at them. bird shot and less lethal shit is fucking stupid for home defense

They're illegal in several states, plus they tend to jam.

Points for the COD reference. Seriously though, I'd go for either a Mossberg 500/590 series or a Remington 870 of one iteration or another. They're affordable and have tremendous aftermarket support. Awhile back Bud's Gun Shop (online store) had lightly used Remington 870 police models on sale for $200. Like the Wingmaster, the Police models use milled parts and have much better fit & finish than the cheaper express models. These guns had extended magazine tubes, synthetic furniture and (of course) open bore - perfect for a home defense gun.

Where I live if I fired a slug or buckshot in any direction but straight down I risk hitting my neighbors. Bullets don't always stop after going through your target.

YOU STUPID FAGS IM ASKING YOU IF 6.3 INCHES DICK IS ENAUGH!

>price, reliability

This.
You can't trust a cheap semi-auto shotgun to cycle everything reliably.
You can buy a $300 Mossberg or $250 Maverick which is just slightly cheaped down Mossberg and it will fire everything you put in it from day one on.
Your average actually reliable semi-auto shoguns start at $1000+.
At that point you could have bought an AR or AK and maybe even some accessories and ammo and have something you can shoot really well and really fast much easier.

id rather take that chance than not stopping the target.

Norinco 97; but go buy a WW1 1917 bayonet.

Mossberg 500 series or Maverick 88 series don't waste your time with Remington

you can get decent reliable ARs for well under $700 and can easily customize it for w/e you want/need

Depends on the girl. Not all of them like being poked in the uterus.

Pumps are affordable and tend not to jam less moving parts

16cm are not enough to poke a bitch in the uterus man... ...maybe if you but inside aslo the balls...

Yeah that's what I was saying.
You can get a brand new Smith and Wesson Sport for like $650.

He can do it even with a normal 12 gauge. No really, it's the best and most reliable option. Also if you go camping or something and need to defend yourself somewhere out in the wild you can get a 16 gauge gun with shorter barrel, it's lighter in weight and is quite enough even if you meet a bear.

Mossy 500 is fine for hunting too. It's cheap and easy to change from a hunting to HD barrel.

Not all vaginas are the same length. Mine is a fair bit shorter than that and even I couldn't fuck two girls in the cowgirl position because it was painful for them.

Just saying man, 6.3 is probably fine for most women.

or you could not pay the extra $100 for the name stamped on the box and instead get an equal, probably better, AR for cheaper.

You're fucking retarded if you think that will kill a bear. I actually hope you do get mauled by a bear with your retarded shit.

You will only kill a bear and survive an attack if you penetrate its thick as fuck skull and somehow fucking manage to even hit there. If you hit them in the other vitals they'll just kill you while bleeding out and then die.

Perfect. Now i just need to delete my sociophobia... ...feels...

>16 gauge
lol why

Over two thirds of gun deaths are suicides and 80% of the remaining are niggers and spics in gangs killing each other.

Bears can't corner well, shoot and run. Easy af.

Rifles will always be more expensive than shotguns. Rifle barrels are the most expensive part of a rifle. Shotguns have smooth bores so they are cheap.

Without more info on the gun/condition, $600 could be a great deal, the going price, or a ripoff.

Quick question: Have you ever encounter a bear?

Dude girls are just people. Some are even disgusting nerds that don't shower. Don't be so thirsty and you'll be fine.

a gummy bear

Pretty sure this guy is still making COD references.

Holy shit I think you have no fucking clue how fast bears are. You will get mauled before you even get two shots off.

>probably better,

For under $650 new I would be pretty skeptical..

Many a time, out ran them all. They call me the bouncing beaner. I'm so used to crossing borders, bears can't do shit, too much momentum.

yeah, i know this, thats the worst thing. You know it's stupid but you still can't do anything.

A a 16 gauge buckshot will penetrate a bear skull at close range. Yes you have to manage to hit there but that's what you need practice for.

I said why, it's not as heavy and the recoil is very weak which is quite nice for practice.

This is only true if you're not a hideous freak of nature that pretty much all heterosexual women are adverse towards.

with some time and effort you can definitely build a better one for the same price

How many half A presses?

Id cum in that

It could be worse, you could be a woman where appearance is really all guys care about.

As a guy you can be ugly as long as you have a job/car/apartment and are clean shaven and showered, with the standard male haircut. It's a pretty low bar.

Beaner Bob they call me. Started as a matador, Bulls were too easy, the next step up was bears.

As someone with these things, this may have been true, but it's not anymore: Women almost always treat me like shit because they know they can get away with it. Such is the hard life of being an ugly retard.

Women treat you like shit because you let them. They LIKE it when you call them on their bullshit. You just have to be semi-jovial about it.

As one ugly motherfucker to another, you just gotta have a little confidence.

Birdshot is for birds.
You know, they've developed a shotgun shell specifically for medium-sized (100-200 lb), warm-blooded, thin-skinned mammals.
They call it BUCKSHOT.

Trust me, unless I'm at work and I can't treat people poorly in nearly any fashion, I don't let them.

Bird shot is pretty much a slug for the distances covered in most self defense situations. It dissipates pretty quickly after abour 15 yards though. Buckshot or actual slugs are poor choices for indoor defense in populated areas.

All I want is a shotgun, to sing David Bowie songs, and be left alone. This brings me happiness.

You literally cannot practice for getting attacked by a bear unless if you're getting attacked by a bear every week. Adrenaline and nerves will fuck your ability to aim up.

I think we can all relate to this.

You literally can practise aiming and will improve your aiming even when you're attacked by a bear. Also, a bear attack usually doesn't happen instantly, you'll probably have time to aim.

Why would you be planning to "go get your first gun Monday" when you haven't even BEGAN doing any research? You're clearly not responsible enough to own a firearm