We Iranians consider ourselves the descendents of the greatest dynasty that ever was

We Iranians consider ourselves the descendents of the greatest dynasty that ever was.

No matter how much we hate the Islamic regime, the chance of us putting down our guns in front of an invading army is close to absolute zero.

Iraq was a made up country. It didn't exist before WWI. Iran has been here since 500BC when Median and Persian tribes united. Even after Arab invasion, we prevailed and kept our language and culture, even after they cut out the tongue of every Iranian who refused to speak Arabic. They did that for 100 years. Here we are 1600 years later still speaking Persian and even our old religions are making a comeback.

>inb4 butthurt Iraqi/Muslim diaspora

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Empire#List_of_dynasties_described_as_a_Persian_Empire
youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc
embedding.pw/e52926030/?embed=dmlkemkudHZ8a3hobmp1ZnVka3N0#
iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/article/2004/01/20040113191603atarukp0.6147425.html#ixzz4Hq7acVUS
youtube.com/watch?v=HTBdFccqDns
science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2016/07/13/science.aaf7943
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Persian girl with her Asian boyfriend

>We Iranians consider ourselves the descendents of the greatest dynasty that ever was.

this tb h

WE

those are really weird contact lenses

What great dysentery? The ancient Sumerians?

t. mad brownie jealous of white people's eyes

Yes, yes, very good

jokes on you I'm not brown and I have light eyes, the eye color in OP's pic is fake af

Hi my Amerindian friend

Reminder the the true Aryans are Persians and scythians. The Aryans originated in Central Asia, the snowniggers didn't accomplish jack shit.

those are more natural, but still a weird color

and again, I'm not brown nor amerindian.

How do white supremacists deal with the fact that all the greatest civilizations came from olive skinned people

>the eye color in OP's pic is fake af

say that to my face, see what happens

If they were so great why are they shit today?

>that country name
>that question

*go to Bulgaria*
*searches OP's home*
*knocks the door*

THESE EYES ARE FAAAAAAAAAAKEEE

*goes back home*

How do Iranians deal with the fact that Macedonia single handedly brought down their greatest dynasty and ruled your lands for hundreds of years?

wtf I just discovered I'm ethnically iranian

Welcome to the master race my Aryan friend.

say that to my face, see what happens

me on the left btw

caucasoid maybe, but not white enough to be aryan. i failed you burguer

There are tons of Persians in Los Angeles and I see alot of with Asian guys

Pretty sure having that color means you have eye cancer, mate.

Iran technically means "land of the Aryans" though.
[spoiler]Don't take whiteness on Sup Forums to even 1 degree of seriousness.[/spoiler]

5 centuries

Did you know after the Sassanian empire collapsed that China accepted a bunch of royalty? Some Chinese actually have Persian royalty in their ancestry.

Anyways, I am fine with the Chinese and Iranians mixing. I have a lot of respect for Chinese culture.

t. Sinophile Persian

(In the future I would like to find a Ch'an hermit to drink tea with Zhongnan mountains)

>with Zhongnan mountains
with in Zhongnan Mountains*

Also, I want to learn to play the guqin.

>We Iranians consider ourselves the descendents of the greatest dynasty that ever was.
>lives in Europe
Righto m8

Great empires fall and arise, and history is not a linear progression to something greater -- but more about peaks and troughs.

USA and Europe have been experiencing great cultural decline lately, and it's time to pass on the torch. To who, I don't know.

He talks about how his religion, culture, and people have survived and remain strong in the face of any invader

Meanwhile, he lives a comfy life halfway across the world

If he actually believed any of that shit he wouldn't have abandoned his homeland like some faggot bandwagoner switching sports teams every year.

show me one empire that rised again

I'm aryan mustard race nao, thanks 'murribro

The Greeks invaded the Achaemenid Empire and created the Seleucid Empire. Then Eastern Iranians called Parthians came and established the Parthian Empire. Then Persians came back and revived their past glory with their Sassanian Empire.

So technically the Achaemenids rose again as the Sassanids.

A lot of Iranians are born from immigrant parents and didn't really ask for that.

Regardless I recommend researching more about recent Iranian history rather than speak is generalities.

Mongols kill Iran.

Are they blind or something?

Iran should go back to Zoroastrianism and they'll be great again. Too bad you guys got raped by Arabs and Turks/Mongols though

there was some videos of an iranian qt playing guitar and singing in farsi that some user posted a few months ago on youtube

can you help me find them i think her name might have started with an "m" and had an album

pic unrelated

Can I get an honest answer without being insulted or getting butthurt replies?

How can you, as diaspora, be proud of your people, culture and country when you live in a different one, usually superior to yours? Does it not feel disingenuous to boast about your ethnicity when you're doing it in a country that you've moved to because it was better than yours?

>So technically the Achaemenids rose again as the Sassanids.

doesnt really count, thats like saying that Brits rose again as USA

Iranians still retained their pre-Islamic traditions such as Nowruz, Mehregan, Yalda, and more. We also retained our Zoroastrian national epic the Shahnameh, which is still revered by many Iranians.

We also kept our Persian language largely intact, but we must remove the Arab loanwords.

Genetically, we are still largely the same as the past.

USA/UK/Israel/KSA should stop supporting the Islamic Marxist (no joke) terrorists People's Mujaheddin of Iran (MEK) and National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) (parent groups). They were involved in sexual scandals, gassed our own people, and want to make Iran into some weird Marxist-Islamist state. The USA and its allies are probably supporting them because they'd price oil according to their interests and also trade oil in USD. If the regime collapses, there is genuine fear they make take advantage of the instability to gain power with the backing of the USA and its allies.

The Shah was encouraged to be toppled by the USA/UK largely because he began becoming independent and pricing oil according to his national interests, and the UK spread propaganda supporting Khomeini through BBC and other outlets. The USA and its allies do not want Iran to be secular and independent.

Mossadegh, a democratically selected leader, had a coup done against him by USA/UK in 1953 (Operation Ajax) because he nationalized oil reserves, and the Shah was encouraged to be toppled because he didn't agree to William E. Simon's 1974 petrodollar deal or price oil in a way beneficial to the USA/UK near the end of his reign. Iran was prevented from becoming secular twice, and by putting MEK/NCRI into power, this would constitute a third time.

>mfw Iranians unironically believe they are Persia.
Almost as funny as Greeks believing they are Alexander's descendants instead of just Turks.

No, Americans and Brits are different ethnicities.

Here, for reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Empire#List_of_dynasties_described_as_a_Persian_Empire

How Iran survived I heard mongols was a fucking brutal and burning all countries to dust, except Poland and very cold parts of Russia.

Iran has an interesting history and culture, shame they're a muslim country though.

Iranians are still largely the same genetically and have retained a lot of their pre-Islamic culture.

Check here:

The Persians were basically modern Iranians, nothing has really changed

Yeah I don't support Neocon globalist bullshit in the ME at all. I'm actually quite sympathetic to Iran.

So is the "Achaemenid Sassanid" only one sample? It would be interesting to compare it to multiple throughout Iran's history.

greece kicked your "greatest dynasty" in the ass with 300 spartans

well memed OP

I feel the Pahlavi was a genuine attempt to reconnect to Achaemenid & Sassanid ethos.

The 2nd Shah was not as bad as people say. People claim he was despotic, but that was only in the beginning when he was still a puppet.

He became more independent near the end of his reign, but a combination of US/UK propaganda and leftist nonsense spreading in Iran led to his downfall.

I bet if the Internet existed back then, he would not have fallen because people would have read more before revolting. Carter called Khomeini a "saint" and began obsessing over the Shah's "human rights" violations. It was just a pretext to topple because he no longer was subservient in pricing oil to benefit the USA/UK.

I can give leaked documents about this and a more thorough explanation.

But yeah, I am a Shah supporter. The current regime is shitty, but I do not want MEK/NCRI to gain power.

Greco-Persian wars lasted longer and that's an oversimplification, and I have always considered the Sassanids better than Achaemenids. They fought endless wars with Rome, but it was fruitless and weakened Iran for Arab invasion.

Christianity is largely indebted to Zoroastrian influence btw. I wrote a long essay on this citing scholarly texts, and it will appear in a book soon.

Persian-bro reporting in. Iran is the only good middle eastern country.

youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc

Any other vids like this of Iran that you recommend? That one redpilled me that their government is just shit like ours largely is, and Iranians are very friendly people.

In this case it's almost entirely muh heritage fagging by the second generation of those that fled after the revolution.

And at that point all of the usual arguing regarding muh heritage and arguably even nationalism in general is relevant.

Is this a meme or what? I see Bulgarians claiming to be descended from Iranians, but I can't tell if it's just the equivalent of Finns being Mongols...

>I see Bulgarians claiming to be descended from Iranians
no you dont
and Finns are descendands of Mongols

embedding.pw/e52926030/?embed=dmlkemkudHZ8a3hobmp1ZnVka3N0#

Excuse the sketchy as fuck URL, I couldn't find any good rips of this on youtube. Sure, this is >CNN, but from what I remember, this was pretty good.

Also yeah, Persians are pretty cool guys. I visited Iran last year and everyone is extremely friendly despite me clearly being from America. It's a lot better than what I would expect from any other middle eastern country at least.

Hello Eden Hazard

Whoops, forgot to include your post number in my post

>even our old religions are making a comeback.
I can't wait for the day Iran and the West make amends

We're more similar than we are different; what we need to do is unite against those Saudi subhumans

pic in op look like huge faggots
but iran is apparently a nice country people there seem to be really warm and friendly, your diaspora are awful though

There are three types of Iranians:
Western Iranian: Persians, Kurds, Azeri, Lurs, etc. -- ancestors are Medes, Persians, and etc.

Eastern Iranian: Tajiks, Yagnobis, Pamiris, Pashtun, Ossetians (they are technically Eastern Iranian even though they live in Caucasus) -- ancestors are Sogdians and Bactrians

Indo-Iranian of Sintashta culture: they are exitinct, Western Iranians have about 15-20% of their admixture and Eastern Iranians 40%. Indo-Iranians migrated and mixed with indigenous people of Zagros mountains, giving rise to Western Iranians, and indigenous people of Central Asia, giving rise to Eastern Iranians. --Scythians probably descended purely from these guys

Same. If we had elected Hillary, I believe she would only be separating us more. Either that or get us into another war.

Your eyes are weird looking. I assume those are contacts?

You'd look better without the contacts imo.

>Hillary:
War with Russia/China
>Trump
War with China

One is winnable, the other turns America into the Israel of Revelations

They are real

War with Russia/China and then starting shit in Syria and possibly Iran. I'm basing this off the stupid shit she's said throughout the years.

Just make your culture a repackaged copy of the superior one, then be proud of that.
German pride is inexorably associated with Nazism, and all Nazism was was a repackaged political movement copied from boot niggers, and objectives copied straight from Napolean.
The reason Anglo-saxon is bar none, the greatest, most prominent ethnolinguistic group of the 20 and 21st centuries is because we're not focused on "What is English"
It is the anglo tradition to take good ideas where we find them
That is why we have managed to be the best culture in the world for centuries, relative to our actual merit.
Speaking of copying boot niggers and Napolean, America. Bunch of Englishmen copy Italian style and French philosophy for their new republic, and it works out pretty well till they let in a bunch of dumbass West Britannics in and ruin the place.

The reason modern Anglo culture is so cucked is we copied the idea of nonconfrontationism from the Jews, even as they were abandoning it because it didn't work.

So basically, unless you're Anglo, you can't reasonably take pride in your culture, unless you meet or surpass Anglo merit (which no one has), and the best course of action is to copy our culture into your own, then ignore the fact you ripped off someone else and take pride in the achievement of your nation

Trump is still more than eager to be the biggest Israel/Saudi shill in living memory.

She, Obama, and Kasich were funded by the same stooges. 2016 was supposed to be Kasich v HRC with a HRC victory. Continuing Obama's almost deliberate weakening of America would only spell disaster. I thank God every day that vapid cunt lost

Feels good man

>Feels good man
You're not Anglo just because you speak 'English', Kelley.

>your diaspora are awful though
Iranian diaspora typically are productive members of society.

"As further stipulated by Prof. Ronald H. Bayor, from the very beginning, Iranian immigrants differed from other arrivals by their highly educational and professional achievements.[62] According to Census 2000, 50.9 percent of Iranian immigrants have attained a bachelor's degree or higher, compared to 28.0 percent national average.[5] According to the latest census data available, more than one in four Iranian-Americans holds a master's or doctoral degree, the highest rate among 67 ethnic groups studied.[6]"

"There are over 500 Iranian-American professors teaching and doing research at top-ranked U.S. universities":
iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/article/2004/01/20040113191603atarukp0.6147425.html#ixzz4Hq7acVUS

The Nobel Prize is kind of biased. There have been a lot of great Iranian scientists, such as the creator of fuzzy sets Lotfi A. Zadeh, inventor of LASIK Gholam A. Peyman, cardiologist pioneer Rashid Massumi, etc. There are many other good Iranian scientists like Nima Arkani-Hamed, Pardis Sabeti. and Cumrun Vafa that might deserve Nobel Prizes. Even the Director for Solar System Exploration at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory is an Iranian American, Firouz Naderi.

The Fields Medal winner Maryam Mirzakhanim is also pretty influential.

The best brain surgeon in Germany is an Iranian by the name of Majid Majidi btw.

Anglos have given a lot of contributions to the world, no doubt, but chill with the exceptionalism dude. It's good to be proud of one's ancestors achievements, but being a haughty Machiavellian jackass is no good.

>it's a canadian thinks he's different from americans episode
Cute

You're a good looking dude famalam, no homo of course.

I live on the East Coast; every White American here is Anglo at least in part (barring the kikes and guineas)

Don't forget Anglo and French Canadians are related to both WASPs and Acadians; one nation divided at the 49th

>kept our language
Is that why 25% of the words in Farsi are the same as they are in Arabic?
>and culture
All middle eastern culture is basically the same with each country having slight variations
Also,
>calls himself Persian, not Iranian
I guess you think Iraqi's are Sumerian and Syrians are Phoenician too huh?
>has a diaspora flag
Why am I not surprised.
>Pahlavi flag
Kys

This. I actually like Iran.

Khomeini is awful, but there are definitely worse in the region. Outside of the hostage crisis, Iran hasn't really done anything to us*. No Iranians have come to the US and committed any attacks, unlike certain middle-eastern allies I could name.

Plus they hang rapists, and they blind fuckers who throw acid at women's faces. I definitely respect Iran's tough-on-crime attitude; rapists and acid-throwing misogynists are scum and don't deserve mercy. Personally, I think it's a shame that rape isn't on our list of capital crimes (that is, crimes warranting the death penalty).

I'm honestly not sure why Iran is on the list of banned countries while Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Pakistan aren't. Or why we as a country hate Iran so much anyway. We basically have no reason to.

*Before anyone mentions the Iran naval incident, it was perfectly understandable. A foreign military vessel from a hostile nation sailed into Iranian waters. Detaining them for questioning for a few days and then releasing them seems downright friendly and altruistic. If it was us detaining an Iranian vessel, the crew would probably have gone straight to gitmo and never been released.

The khomenist is here lads, was a fun thread while it lasted.

Yeah, I'm aware of it. I don't like either candidate we had, but at least with Trump, he's not bossing around the other middle eastern countries by putting in his own "no fly zones", which would pretty much guarantee more conflict in the middle east. That, along with Hillary mentioning some extremely sketchy shit back in '08 about Iran made me fear.

youtube.com/watch?v=HTBdFccqDns

Gtfo please

>Or why we as a country hate Iran so much anyway. We basically have no reason to.
In case you were unaware, Israel is an American puppet state gone rogue (a la North Korea). Through infiltration it has taken control of Congress, the FED, the ACLU, the ADL, etc. America operates in the best interest of Israel no "if"s "and"s or "but"s. Remember in 2014 when Netanyahu paid Congress a visit and Obama refused to meet with him? The fucker got a king's welcome and it was disgusting

TL;DR Israel controls our politicians through corrupt campaign finance laws, meaning an enemy of Israel's is an enemy of America's

we wuz shahz

>I guess you think Iraqi's are Sumerian and Syrians are Phoenician too huh?
Iranians are still largely genetically the same. Check this study:
science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2016/07/13/science.aaf7943

>Is that why 25% of the words in Farsi are the same as they are in Arabic?
We will remove them in due time.

Very sad.

We are still Persians. Our culture has not been completely lost. Our national epic, the Shahnameh, preserved our Zoroastrian lore, and the Gathas, words attested to Zarathustra himself, are revered by a lot of Iranians too. We also retained our pre-Islamic holidays and more.

>we wuz sultanz

Keep your autism on Sup Forums please
This. These LARPers think that because they are descended from , that they ARE
And are so out of touch with what people in their home countries are actually like.

>be from Toronto
>unironically consider Canadians as Americans who say eh

>be from outside Toronto
>hate Toronto, people from Toronto, all of South Eastern Ontario, and Ottawa for being near Toronto

You will never understand what it means to be Anglo, regardless of what your dubious claims of heritage may show.

>It's good to be proud of one's ancestors achievements, but
>being a haughty Machiavellian jackass is no good.
I wasn't being haughty, I was being impolitely blunt.
Haughty would be if I accused you of dropping a term you don't understand (Machiavellian) to sound smart, then associating that with the quality of American education.

Everything I said was factually true. We just don't say it because we know it makes us sound like jingoist assholes, and pisses off "lesser races" i.e. everyone else.

The problem is we've had such an embargo against it we've lost sight of the fact we're on top because we do shit better than everyone else.

The best of non-Anglo races will avoid at all costs discussions of who is best, because it's far to easy to prove Anglo supremacy in the face of overwhelming evidence.

>Keep your autism on Sup Forums please
We already went through. This only PCA autosomal DNA plots matter, not stupid bar graphs that break down autosomal DNA based off region. If you want to determine genetic distance, you don't make up crap like "Arabia region" or whatever. You gotta make a PCA autosomal DNA plot and compare Iranians' genetic distance to other groups.

And when you do this, Iranians relate more closely to Armenians, Anatolian Turks, and Georgians than they do to Levantines or Gulf Arabs.

>We already went through. This only
We already went through this. Only*

Don't bother, he's a delusional Khomenist who muh heritage'd so hard he hates the US despite being an American.

>You will never understand what it means to be Anglo
>Says the Canadian
You're right, I'll never know what it's like being a cucked "Anglo". At least my ancestors fought for their God-given rights as Englishmen. Yours bent over for the King, a Canadian tradition apparently; good job.

I like Persia
I wish my president was actually educated and knew anything about them other than Islam.

This, seriously why the fuck are they on the list of banned countries? They've literally done nothing to us since 1981. I've never even heard of an Iranian even committing a crime of any sort in the US.

>even our old religions are making a comeback.
There is hope guys.
cryingpepe.jpg

Nobody likes you Alireza

Well my uncle who immigrated here burned down a restaurant he owned and went to jail for 9 years for arson and insurance fraud, so there's one.

It would help if people knew Persia = Iran. It was under Hitler's advisement that Reza Shah asked other countries to refer to Persia by its native name, Iran. It's been called Iran since Sassanian pre-Islamic times. Iran is a cognate for Aryan.

In Sassanian times it was called "Iran-shar", which in modern Persian means "land of the Aryans". No joke.

However, I think Reza Shah should have stuck to Persia because that's like Germany asking countries to call it Deutschland. It introduces confusion to the ignorant.

You wish, Iranian studies have been big in US academia.

He meant terrorism. Iranians don't really engage in terrorism on foreign soils.

Because they will not accept Israel as a country.