I'm looking for an honest man

You should try looking somewhere else

For?

I am honest

liar

I am not

WHY? For what purpose ?

Fukin love Diogenes m8

Fuck you user, I just saw this in the Walters in Baltimore two weeks ago. Good ass painting.

I can be at times.

you wont like what an honest man says. we dont give any fucks

This guy gets it.

[sjis]test[/sjis]

I do not.

True

How would u know an honest man when you see him?
Riddle Of the ages , like the riddle of steel...

What is truth?

I currently identify strongly with his (early) intepretation of cynisism. I'm in the position I find mankind absulutely repulsive, yet I see no way to not participate in society. Cynisism is a great way to be critical yet humorous.

It's just a picture of a man.

The only honest man is the one who admits he is a liar.

you best fuck off in that case

Seems like a reasonable reaction..

Logic bomb.

We exist, but we aren't looking for you.

Who is this we you speak of?

If I were not Diogenes, I would be Trump

I can give an unbiased opinion depending on the question.

Sometimes what should be said get's clouded by what needs to be said.

Well, you're going to be looking for a very very long time.

Anybody here good at photo manipulation?

If u were not the someone else you would be somone else...? Lol wut, u feeling alright

I've been reading a lot of Cynic/Stoic writings and I find it resonates with how I am naturally. I'm trying to not focus so much on removing myself from society as removing the hangups that society has given me. Trying to remove myself from mental participation I guess.

Keep walking around with that lantern buddy.

The legend says that he would wander the streets with a lantern saying that and everyone that dared boast to him about being honest, he punched him with the lantern and said "i'm looking for a man, not an animal ! "

It is also saithat he was somewhat a pancrace champion, thus his skills in punching...

It's honestly depressing how hard society tries to reject cynicism and stoicism like they are completely evil and anti-social things to be.

I'm looking for a turkey sandwich bitch.

Get back in there.

Holy damn i was in turkey and saw that statue of him in sinop

People fear the unknown and the cynic represents that unknown.

The only truth I can tell you is that the truth is not convinient...

Basically I'm saying people are like monkeys , they like what the understand and can mimic

Go live in a fucking jug!

Truth is like a double edged sword , cuts both ways ...

stand out of my fucking sunlight alexander you great pompous fuckhead

You will never find, a man only can be honest with himself.

There's really not a place for them today. Everything is consumer driven, quick self help guides, dream boards, and get rich quick horse shit. You're told constantly to never dig deep and take a look at yourself. Just sit down shut the fuck up and watch the new netflix original and chase that cash.

You won't find him

Take black people, they understand bling and seek it out to give them that power in their society.

A real estate agent will have a nice car as it makes them appear successfull

thunderf00t

Then stop looking in music halls because you'll only find lyres.

Real accomplishment is living and being in this reality as it is without the shadows and images of platos cave.

It is the most honest way of living without blood on your hands ...

Yeah that is essentially what I try to incorporate into my life. The realisation that my identity is grossly based upon social conventions was pretty liberating. I would argue that trying to go against social constructs would not be advisable to someone who experiences no or slight inconvience. However those who struggle to participate in society should contemplate the fundamentals of their issues and realize it (most probably) stems from non-conformity. I consider stoicism or cynism the more sarcastic approach, where one conforms sincerely but not seriously. That is to say one acts out the social conventions, but does so with a non serious point of view. The practical downside of this is that in order to not be regarded as a dick requires a great deal of expressional capabilities, which makes it a rather rough standpoint to tackle society.

You've come to the right place

I've always had a conformity issue with things I find meaningless. It's not that I want to be an asshole, but I hate playing pretend because "that's just how it is". It seems like I feel as though I'm being dishonest to myself and I don't like that feeling. Or maybe I'm just a raging asshole, could go either way.

People tend to need the expression all because they are in a worse state of literacy than ever before and continues to degrade.

In short you would be haveing to spend twice the energy expressing for those who don't appreciate the effort and constantly filling in the gaps of their own lack of expression.

To a certain level I agree. In my opinion the paradox of the collective mind is that it is created by individuals. Therefor it is fundamentally impossible to contemplate peoblems without the inteference of socisl convention. After all language is a social convention and to express knowledge through language is contaminating imformation with perception. One could argue that infomation is a social convention as well, which makes expression even more diffucult. I belive this pinacle is the basis for any religion: trying to define the undifenable that is reality.

Basically the optimist in me says I seek out people who are rare jewels that I can apprecieate as they reciprocate the effort .

The pestimist is saying most people are plebeians

It might be a heady experience but with living in the moment tuning out the past and future thinking could be ones goal in life and even if one were able to do this for a moment in a lifetime defines the individual. You ether do or make the attempt now or forever put off the excercise and risk never attaining that in life.

For even just a moment of this bliss would be better than a life time of mindless social toil ...

I completly agree how you formulate the problem of being essentially non-conforment yet wanting to have a "meaningfull" or "honest" way of life. One thing that greatly contibuted to overcomming this problem for me is the realisation that positive or negative are nothing more than matter of speech. What i mean by that is that it is extremely difficult to differentiate to decide what is considerable contributive to society, and what is contibutive to yourself. Finding a way to paricipate is more an issue of discovering which intrepertation fits you best as both individual as member of society, then either of those seperate. Mostly this comes down to intrepertation of language as an expression of knowledge.

That is absolutely true if you have the desire to prefer your own intrepertation over society. I do believe there is a difference in analyzing the problems of society, and analyzing one's role in society. I would argue that if you do not want to make an habbit out of critisizing society, one has to find his own way of participation. This does not include conformity, but rather the intrepertation of conformity.

While I fundementally agree with you from a philosofical point of view, I do see problems for the "common individual". The problem society basically puts forward today is "How can control influence outcome by means of information." The analytical intrepertation of reality is that something serves purpose, so in order to be pleasing to the analytical mind something has to be able to imply meaning. While I believe this is a misrepresentation of reality, it seems to be the dominant one in current society.

The view you're proposing is liberating indeed, but only to those who have rejected "purpose" in the first place. I believe strongly that cynisism is a great way for an individual to "conform" to society while at the same time be able to contemplate issues from a different view point

If you consider that you can only evaluate someone to the extend of your own intrepertation you'll realise that intrepertation is the problem itself. Your idea of morality only applies to the reality you're experiensing. So considering someone a "rare gem" completely depends on yor intrepertation of moral, behaviour, reality, etc.
someone can only be as good as you percieve them to be.

im honest but all women are thots

ITT: Pretentious assholes

I present to you a man

>pretentious: anything I can't understand