Be me

>be me
>2014
>start saving away a small about of money from my weekly wage (saving $20-$100 per week)
>finally saved up some cash and decide to build myself a nice gaming pc
>go to local computer shop and buy all the parts
> gaming pc is amazing for the first 12 months
>fast forward to 2016
>every time a new game comes out I have to pay $60 for the game and an additional $600 for a new gpu or a new processor or more ram or something burns out and I have to replace it
> realize I could have just bought an Xbox for $400 and it would play and will play any upcoming game in the foreseeable future
> trying to sell pc off nw to buy an Xbox
> nobody wants it because they all know how much of a pain in the ass and a waste of money they are

What do???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cu_VmV8NM_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Save $1500 Go buy a gtx 1080 and an i76600k and you be good for another 12 months

An hero? Maybe be?

>local computer shop and buy all the parts
wat
you physically went to buy consumer electronics? have you heard of the internet?

What are your specs and what are you playing?

That doesn't sound like a good investment, game developers will always make sure that until next gen consoles come out, that your console can run it smoothly, stick wit the xbox plan

make a b8 post on Sup Forums

Yeah, I live 5mins from a parts wholesaler, didn't want to wait 2 days for postage.... Australia post is insanely slow

Gtx750ti
Intel Xeon
8gb ram
Msi bazooka
Before upgrade

Now running
Gtx1060
Intel i76500k
Intel i7

Oh and I couldn't play battlefield 1

That's an Xbox, right?

>new games
Impatient bitch doesn't know how to wait for a sale.
>$600 for a gpu
Nigga I bought an r9 390 last year for $250 and it runs BF1 1200p @ ultra >90 fps. This is with a 5 year old AMD FX-6300.

Yeah that's what I want to do, hence why I'm selling the pc while it's still upto date hardware

i don't know, maybe you're shit at building PCs?

running on the same PC since 2010. plays any new game at least at xbox quality. also, if i'm patient and don't drop the (almost always overpriced) $60 on a new game at launch, by the time i grab it from steam/humble it's a) cheaper, b) patched, c) optimized by the community w/ mods, etc.

fucking buying a new gpu/processor/ram every few months? the fuck is wrong with you?

Yeah I'm not running cheap ass amd... that's why it's $600

?There's your problem?

I just built a pc for 5 grand CAD

Suck my fart hole

Because I don't want to live like a peasant playing less than 60fps and 4K graphics?

>Build pc in like 2009
>Pretty decent at the time, around 1900 bucks.
>2013, most new games won't run on xp anymore, and my gpu has been fucked for a while
>Replace everything besides power supply and cabinet, probably another 1200 or something, can't remember
>2016, still runs everything on max, no issues at all.

Probably still good for a couple of years, and you get even more for your buck today

Wtf are you even building if it won't even last you a year?

It's. It really his problem though
And slow down and wear soooooo quickly

This is a bait thread and I fell for it, I'm ashamed

The fact that this thread starts with a post where you bitch about the costs involved in running a gaming PC means that you probably should be rolling with "cheap ass amd"

People don't make gaming PC's because it's super cost-efficient, they do it because they want to run their games at the highest specs and have the ability to micromanage their build.

>4k
>complaining it's expensive

And you wanna switch to Xbox?

lol nigga I have a GTX 660 and an i5 4670k @4ghz, been having since early 2013 and new games still run fine on medium-high, still looks better and runs better than console

well obviously. i fell for it too, but i wanted to get good and mad.

Are you fucking retarded?
is your pc $500?
you dont need a fucking titan top of the line graphics card.
you need an ok cpu an ok graphics card, some decent ram and a decent hard drive maybe 1tb
You dont need to replace parts ever unless you bought completely outdate lowest of the rtange dogshit
No you don't need to upgrade to the newest most amazing gtx 6969 each year

Had the same comp for 5 years now. $1100 and still runs any game no problem. never had to replace a part. what the fuck do you fags do to your pcs to fuck them up so much

Yall niggaz fell hard for this

Lol op torrent your games if ur that poor you fucking pleb

Quality bait.

My favorite part was when you said you could have just bought an Xbox, lol good times.

Follow my example OP, buy an i7 and a gtx1080 so that you can run on 1080p and so that you can post faster on Sup Forums

Suck it down

oh fuck no pls that's mah baby

Too much pron and too much Sup Forums... that's what fucks em

>60fps

Guy I am using my gtx 1080 and on 360p am getting 510fps

You fucking fuck

Buy good shit next time my fucking pos Alienware laptop from 2013 can play anything new at at least medium at most high and my pc from 2009 can play low to medium obviously bait

>built a pc for gaming
I found your problem gaymer goy

wait for AMD Zen or buy AMD's 8350 or 9590 (corei 5 = i7 fps wise, i5 ~ 8350/9590)

get an 4+Gb GPU (R9 or a GTX 900 series or if you have money a 1080)

12-16Gb of RAM

youtube.com/watch?v=cu_VmV8NM_M

Fug

>Playing at 510fps when the human eye can only detect 150fps

An faggot

Fucking prick

pls no, I can't afford to fix right now

cant risk it

The fuck is an i76500k? New time you try to bait actually do some research faggot.

He has a point you know.... kys

>4k
>60fps
>why does it cost so much

Holy fuck this has to be bait, no one is this retarded

how the fuck

>can use gtx970 and old cpus from 3+ years ago to run latest games 1080 60fps on on ultra settings

Hmm, really makes u think.

YARG? YARG!

nigger

6500u... my bad

Yeah, with a 1060 you can run literally everything on medium, which an Xbox runs at.

> additional $600 for a new gpu or a new processor or more ram or something burns out
what type of god-awful bullshit did you buy? my 2012 beast lasted me well into this year with 600$ in parts... what the fuck, are you retarded?

what
why did you get a server chip
why do you now have an i7
what

maybe this whole building a PC thing wouldnt be so fucking awful for you if you just read a damn guide or looked for a decent build instead of going full retard

You sick fuck

Loli fag detected

You just played yourself nigga

I have a 1060 and it can run most new things at ultra/very high. You're doing something wrong.

You deserve death.

why you gotta do me like that mane smh

I had a 750ti but I upgraded the 1060

The speed of which games need more from your components are slowing, but still, are there. Save your money, don't buy all the games coming out (only the actually good ones, don't buy on release, wait for reviews) and have your graphical settings turned down a bit for the more demanding games.
You will eventually save enough money for, at the end of the year, to upgrade to the highest at computer components.

Running a 1060 with an old cpu, most games getting 60fps on max with only slight dips

Yes, you're either trolling or stupid. your 1060 can do a lot more than an xbox. If you want to stick to casual gaming then just get an xbox.

funny how you complain about cheap ass AMD, buy a useless upgraded processor, then skimp on the GPU

First, a PC is a universal tool that can do a lot more than just gaming. I big part of my job on my PC, financial stuff and more. If you haven't learn coding, it's important now and will be much more in the future. So don't sell your PC. Reducing the topic to gaming: There are games that are only available on PC or play a lot better on PC. Reduce your PC gaming to that. In most cases exactly these games do not require that much processing power. You might want to buy a ps4 pro by saving some money for other games. Be prepared not to get the same experience as a high end PC but as you might have realised the difference is not worth the price for most people. Finally - your setup or just random battle station? If first, put your PC under your desk. Put a useful book there instead.

not my maximus hero you bastard

newfag detected. Don't post here for another year or two, until you learn how images work and when a post is worth making. You failed both of those right now.

shut the fuck up xD