What is it that's keeping you together and stopping you from calling it quits, Sup Forums?

What is it that's keeping you together and stopping you from calling it quits, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-iiQPEih5Opx9uO-Jq8fRYn-I2qwW5V8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

These trips.

being a grown up man who's not scared to take his responsibilities

nature

No motivation to off myself

The hope that I'm wrong about life being pointless and a waste of time. Which is becoming increasingly unlikely.

Love

the hope that one day maybe me and Lily will try again. She is the only person i have ever felt loved by. Not even family and i didnt have many friends anyway, but she made me feel loved. Im just hoping maybe ill feel it again

I want to stay alive long enough to get myself killed on Halloween. That's why I'm alive right now. It's gonna be a sp00ky Hallowgen Sup Forumsros

By having everything I want in life no disappointments there.

Health \ check
Party \ check
Travel the world \ check
Big house \ check
Fast car \ check
Hot girl \ check
Self made before my thirties \ check
Buy everything I like \ check
Etc. etc.

cant afford a firearm.

i'm working myself to the bone and i want to spend the money i saved up. when my bank hits negatives, i might consider ending it

I was born without the ability to produce dopamine and the only thing keeping me alive is the fact that I couldn't bare dying with others who still give a shit about me

My boyfriend is addicted to heroin and I am afraid if I died he would let our dog starve to death.

jerkin' it to fat chicks

Thinking on how i would feel if my mother or my sister commits suicide.

OP here, what do you do for a living?

OP here, I give a shit about you, user.

Haha you retard if you can think then you are releasing dopamine. I blame your existsnce and the spreading of your genes on the giant welfare scam

you should see the movie "control" by anton corbin.

Or read up on Ian Curtis of Joy division.

he commited suiced but the story is intruiging

never met you but i love you user

I'm too lazy to gather all the stuff i need to make it quick and painless....

nothing im currently falling away

He writes checks

/thread

Because my life is fucking amazing. I make 120k/yr working at a start up in the bay area. I get to travel for free and shit post on Sup Forums when I am "working". Literally get paid to browse Sup Forums and once in a while do shitty code reviews.

knowing that i'm not as gay as "straight" guys who fap to trap.

I want you to live, just me a random user who hopes people have the strength to play the game life. Any amount of suffering is better then the nothingness of not even existing. You will die one day, everyone does. Take deep breaths and conquer and do what makes you happy. Good luck with whatever situation you are in

It would destroy my parents and family.

I'm a huge disappointment I'm sure, but killing myself would definitely destroy them and I don't want to do that.

I'm going to try and be better.

Martial arts, kicking people in the face makes everything better. Also it's fun to walk through modern society and be able to pick out the few people who can actually handle themselves.

Too much of a pussy to hang myself, overdose, or shoot myself.

No matter how beaten down I have a twinkling sliver of hope that burrows me deeper every single time I expect to be proven wrong; and I am time and time again.

Only thing I can really think of is getting enough money to go and be alone from this current life of mine, never to talk to a soul from where I've been. I'm no good to myself or anyone else, so it's better to just be a shit by my lonesome.

My mother would be upset if I died. That's the only thing that keeps me from killing myself.

The same thing that makes people want to call it quits, how can I explain...I feel like anything that goes wrong that causes me to feel life is not worth it and doesn't matter makes me realize that life doesn't really matter so why be a depressed ass hole about it.

The hope that someday it might get better. Even though sometimes it gets better, and every time I get rejected again and end up even worse than when I started. But there's a tiny hope that someday I'll meet someone who makes me feel better, and doesn't reject me in the end.

I know it's a false hope, though.

Voltaire once said that as long as you have things to do then you'll never commit suicide. So I busy myself.

My dog is awesome.

You're a good person. Build up from here. I believe in you, user.

Voltaire died in his sleep so I guess that's appropriate.

The soundtrack to the Jet Set Radio series.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-iiQPEih5Opx9uO-Jq8fRYn-I2qwW5V8

Everyday is another chance at trying to get laid with a chick like pic related

oh and xanax helps too

I own an ironic facebook meme page about to hit 100k. I've made a few friends through it and even have bitches flashing their titties in my messages.

I'm really doing well for myself financially and career wise. Probably above average for my age group. I don't have a girlfriend and my social life is meh.

Rght now its just my girlfriend, work, finishing school, making money and not making my family upset.

Reminding myself that things can always be worse. Besides, I play piano on a daily basis. People would be lost without my music.

Also there are virtual worlds of video games I can escape into.

What's it called?

>By having everything I want in life no disappointments there.
>Health \ check
>Party \ check
>Travel the world \ check
>Big house \ check
>Fast car \ check
>Hot girl \ check
>Self made before my thirties \ check
>Buy everything I like \ check
>Etc. etc.
Has everything, posts on Sup Forums anyway
seemslegit.exe

I love you too man.

I was supposed to do great things
won awards, did sports, had the best grades, girls showing interest in me
I just got distracted and fucked up bad for so many years...

Dude its life its your brain you make the decisions bro

Was my gf... She was all i had left... Lost everything to heroin and selfishness... But now she is gone too.. Im a worthless junkie and thats all ill ever be... So tomorrow im gonna take a hot shot and be done with everything... I give up man... Its such a shitty feeling but i cant change it...

Fuckken do it

What would it feel like if you were frozen for a thousand years?
It would, from your perspective, feel just like a second. That is because no change would happen in your brain, the molecules making up what's 'you' would stand still. No neurons would fire and there wouldn't be any thought process. The moment you'd be revived you'd start to feel like 'living' again. So the change in our brains is what makes us feel like alive? If there is no change, then there is no consciousness.
What about if you were teleported? I'm talking about transferring the data of you to a whole new set of atoms and molecules (or creating them out of thin air to a new place), it'd be a new set of energy completely. The old you could either be disintegrated or left the same. It doesn't seem that either case would transfer 'you', your current consciousness, to the new place. Why would it matter if the current you would or wouldn't be disintegrated? It would basically be an exact clone of you with the difference of spacial coordinates.
Now, the energy (and/or mass) that makes up your body is in a constant interaction with the world around it. If your brain would be replaced completely by that of the clone of yours, you would no longer be in control of your body, your clone would. What if a small part would be switched? That would be a new part to the whole system, something that wasn't you before. The part, that got replaced and was previously part of you can be thrown to garbage, but that was a functioning part of what's your consciousness before the switch. Whenever there's change in what makes 'you', that little part of you is no longer there. It gets replaced by something else. Your clone could've used that part of the brain to think or feel, and you wouldn't have known or felt anything about it, and when you got to yourself it - vice versa. That's because you feel your conscious mind, which is the brain, function as a whole.

To the current you, an alien part of a brain can become something that eventually feels like 'you'. But that system wouldn't be the original you. That'd be mostly you with the new part from your clone working with the rest of your cognitive computer (brain) in harmony. But isn't that almost the same as to what actually happens all the time to us? Our body replaces the atoms, molecules, cells with a decent speed. That's taking new parts from the world around us to build our consciousness and making the parts fit the whole system. They do feel like 'us' once they get to their rightful place, they work like the old parts, but compared to the old system, there's something new, something alien.
As long as we're not frozen. Then the atoms stay the same. But that's not living, right?
The way I see it, whenever we're alive, we're dying. Your self a second away is as dead to your current self as your self a second ago. Both are unreachable. Both exist only a moment such as they are. They differ from you. You, your consciousness, only exist an infinedesimally small a moment before a change happens and you are no longer the same you but something else.
So no need to worry about death, it's constantly happening to us.

Honestly just staying to see where technology goes. Sentient AI, robots, the possible overthrow of humanity, and Sigularity.

Besides that, idk. Hoping to meet someone that i can have a meaningful relationship with. someone to love... Since "her" it's been meaningless hookups and drinking. I fucked up the best thing I ever had. Maybe plugging myself into a machine will help the emptiness i feel

Bro I am so drunk please take lsd I hate when such complex beautiful things want to die thats all humans. Dont do it. for me, i quit everything due to an acid flashback listen to me listen to cage the elephant tame impala and temples really feel it man there is so much to life you have no idea, you are not worthless anyone with a brain is not worthless try to be a better person than you yesterday. Take that lesson every day bro everything is up to you you have control. Dont treat quitting like AA you can slip up just rememberwhat it feels like to be sober and happy and aim for that. Im currently quitting weed after 24/7 use and its hard but you gotta have the strength bro best of luck to you if you live in the northeast hit me up

Family and hope

OP here. That's pretty neat. Have you been playing the piano your entire life?

OP here, I wish you all the best.

Thanks bro.. I appreciate it.. I really do.. But if you knew what ive done im sure you would agree.. But i just dont have any more motivation or ambition.. For the first time ever i am dead broke with no way of making money.. Half the time i dont even have the motivation to get money for heroin... I just give up bro.. I really just feel like i cant do it anymore. Music used to be my drug... But that doesnteven help anymore.

OP here, I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

Does your boyfriend abuse you?

Also i am in the northeast... Im in binghamton ny with no hope of getting out... This town is a black hole and everybody i see come here ends up just like me... I cant do it.

Because the most pathetic you can do is kill yourself.

No matter whatvyou have done its just life and just other people. Life is what you make of it realize that every single thing that has happened to you is only in your brain. So what, go to every shitty fast food place and apply amd meet cool people. i have no Idea what it is like to be addicted to heroin ive only done ~30 mg of hydrocodone and I didnt like it. I hope you swallow everything up and take it. I know that some random nice annon doesnt mean shit but I am a real person and I really do hope you can keep on keeping on.

Bro we are so clouded there is so much variation fuck it [email protected].(com). I dont have anything but words and convo

Because i don't wanna hurt my family

liothyronine and a pointless hope for the future.

I'm a white middle class financially stable male with a good future.

Most of it. I started when I was 4. 26 now.

hope

I'm have far too many obligations to uphold to kill myself.
Also, I wanna finish watching this movie.

OP here, used to have a love for the piano as a kid. I'm trying to get back into it. 22 btw. Any advice?

My life is devoted to consume until I cannot.

My life is devoted to consuming until I cannot.

You guys are keeping me going. You're my only friends and the only ones there for me. When this place dies I guess I die too.

Substance abuse

just ordered a pizza tbh fam

OP here, we'll be here when you need us. :)

Arma 3

I just started watching Futurama, I love smoking pot and I love burgers pizza and french fries

why do you think you are rejected?

My book. Hoping I can create a story people can enjoy.

If I can't get into med school, it's over.

Responsibility and the like are of no real challenge, but my lack of mathematical skills leaves me somewhat doubtful.

I will have to just continue on for now.

If I do end up failing, I'm taking a one a way ticket to Alaska, and will freeze to death after getting lost in the middle of its wonder.

What's the book about?

bye, user

You know, its funny you ask. That's generally the first question asked. I am writing a book on war, fantasy and survival. It's taken me years to create an original story. Now the real step is getting it published.

read that as quints

What a faggot normie.
Fuck outta here wit that gay shit boy.
We are nothing but molecules and pulses of electricity. Nothing of any actual legitimate value is lost if we die.

OP here, take the time to think things through. There are multiple routes to get to where you want to be. Take the time off to develop your competency in mathematics if you can.

Same thing here for Gunsmithing school.
If I don't graduate I'm done.
Literally the only thing I care about, and if I can't achieve that goal, I have absolutely nothing left to live for.

I lack the constitution for suicide. Our strongest drive, stronger than the drive for healthy reproduction, is the drive for survival. to off myself would be going against what millions of years of evolution says to do. And I just don't have what it takes.

OP here, would love to read that book. I'm 22 and dealing with severely crippling depression, but I would like to get back to the happy person I used to be as a child, and part of that was my love for reading.

Don't really have a reason to go or a reason to stay. Just kind of existing.

I am at a bit of a crossroads. I want to let people read it, but copyright and not having my story stolen have gotten me to really wanting to wait to let people read anything other than the finished product. I can say honestly, I have put my heart and soul into the story and each main character is genuine and worth your time getting to know. It's really about polishing the product now. The story is dark and focuses on the realist form of fantasy I could think of, uncertainty. When you read stories, the main characters always come out on the end. This isn't the case in my story. I have planned at least 7 novels within the series that include an anthology and side stories that happen during the main series and involve important side characters who deserve their own praise. Really now its time I need. I plan to have my story finished by December for publishing and will more than anything be sure to offer anons a chance to read it.

A couple of hours of practice at a time every few days, and you should be good after a while. Just start playing whatever comes to mind, wether its an actual song, or random notes. The beginning of your practice should be just familiarizing yourself with what keys play what notes. Reading notes, and playing actual songs should come later when you feel you are ready. That's what I did.

The piano isn't a hard thing to learn. You can feel the strokes of the keys and really enjoy practicing as you play. It isn't stressful like other instruments.

I'm just stuck in a routine and if I change it, it will just turn into another one.

meditation

after 3 years of mindfulness practice, you could be put in solitary confinement and stil be content