Fucking score on this is impeccable

Fucking score on this is impeccable.

What did Sup Forums love/hate about this film?

I disliked the whole hedonistic-nihilistic message; it's so passé; so postmodern/postWWII; societal hedonihilism was merely a transitory phase that already passed, decades ago, actually.

I can't tell if you're an okay troll or a pretentious fuckwit.

The film is set in the '70s, though.

I loved pretty much everything about it. They push the subtext a LITTLE too hard in some moments (the Thatcher quote at the end was totally unnecessary) but I didn't really get the sense we were supposed to be taking it all that seriously. It was all dark comedy.

First time in a while I've seen a film and immediately wanted to see it again. For me it's an easy MOTY so far

The only score I care about is the Metacritic score.

Agree with pretty much everything here.

I'd also like to add that I had Abba's S.O.S stuck in my head for about a month after watching it.

>Sienna Miller
How does someone so attractive have such little screen presence?

>The film is set in the '70s, though.

Nope; 1960s, but the story's setting is irrelevant; the movie was made now.

Holy shit consider killing yourself my man

??

Don't call it a phase bitch
it's the only thing I know

1. I posted "societal hedonihilism"; note the "societal" part.

2. Nihilism by its very nature is a transitory phase; what comes after realization of the untruthful, and what precedes revelation of the truthful (i.e. the emptiness of the bucket after draining it from stagnant water, and before filling it with fresh water.

>societal hedonihilism was merely a transitory phase that already passed, decades ago, actually.

But it's a "transitory phase" that can recur again, in a different society, if similar conditions allow for that way of thinking to emerge.

The whole premise of the movie is that they build a tiny scale-model of a human civilization inside one apartment building. So "transitory phases" that already came and went in the larger culture can still happen in the high-rise.

This user nailed it

Reactionary bullshit

You missed the whole point of my post. Your perspective is skewed.

I am not pointing an internal inconsistency within the story; I am remarking about the story's thematic/ideological irrelevance in the present.

>it's been done before therefore it's redundant
I bet you're a fun guy to hang out with.

Improve your reading comprehension.

I bet you have a ripe boipucci to pound!

It was kind of obvious in its message, but I guess it wasn't too insulting.

Bonus point for the two second dig at modern feminism.

How about understand your own fucking argument. That is literally what your original post is saying; that you "disliked the whole hedonistic-nihilistic message" because it refers to a societal fad that's already passed and is therefore redundant to a modern film's narrative. You also managed to say it in the most pretentious way possible, leading me to agree with that you are either a troll or an insufferable cunt.

The samefag is real

You realize the same poster is splerging all over this thread, right? Dunno how the movie offended him but even full autismos aren't really this cringe

>even full autismos aren't really this cringe
You've never been to film school, have you...

I dig the Portishead song

anyone have a cinegrid for this film?

The Portishead song is so great. I need that shit in my life.

>never released it to the public so that it would be unique to the film
Cruel, brilliant bastards...

wrong

And now Geoff Barrow is doing the full original score for Wheatley's next film. I'm already hype

The movie is beautiful, but it's absolute dogshit.
Simple message and awful execution.
Tried to be 2deep and had nothing to say.

>but the story's setting is irrelevant; the movie was made now.
this is false, though. When your argument is all the post-WWII hedonistic nihilism is "so passe", the time period in the film's universe is absolutely relevant.

What do you think the '60's were?