youtube.com/watch?v=ycnWuHsly0A
youtube.com/watch?v=MdW1YrHDur0
youtube.com/watch?v=PMcThL9UhiQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lG0L86DRuC8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyeSGaBcrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

S.O.D blows them outta water

thrash =/= punk

for me it has to be between stiff little fingers or crass.
the damned and discharge are goat as well

youtube.com/watch?v=wX2C8czhzqs
2/3 of the band died of heroin

kinda gay but very punk

How broadly are we defining punk?
I vote Meat Puppets or Clash

minute
men

Not bad, but not really into songs that aren't in english (and aren't instrumental)

>not really into songs that aren't in english

that's fucking gay

I'm bisexual, so you half caught me.

None of them can hold a candle to Mission of Burma

MoB is a poor man's DK

listen to more punk so you stop saying dumb shit OP

hit or miss crossover thrash for edgy neckbeard dickheads

youre a fucking retard

lol and somehow dk isn't less edgy or neckbeardy

top kek Dead Kennedy's never wrote anything as clever or genius like Miller or Conley

GISM you fucking pussyfooter.

Everyone knows Black Flag is the most hardcore fucking awesome band ever

look how hardcore their soundchecks were

youtube.com/watch?v=dLrvmT8eK2I

black fag sucks

black flag doesnt suck you're just a pleb

1) youre reading comprehension is shit 2) even if i liked dk, comparing their subject matter is retarded. one is offensive (through graphic imagery and language) to deliver a message, the other is offensive (through pure vulgarity and bigotry) for shock value. it doesnt matter if they "didnt mean it!", they still said what they said and have no actual justification for it other than some autistic mission to like, totally trigger you guys!

user is correct, black flag is shit. shut up and listen to more music you dumb high schooler.

Nice essay

hard to say which band is the best ever...

but this is definitely one of the greatest songs

youtube.com/watch?v=Oy5bTHWGg08

ive listened to a lot of music and none of it is complex yet simple and hardcore like black flag. You're just trying to be a contrarian faggot. Despite their album issues they got their fame through their live music which is what a good punk band does.

>4 sentences
>essay

lol dude listen to more punk music

ps black flag isn't "complex", Greg Ginn is just a talentless hack who can't write coherent riffs

>lol dude listen to more punk music

I have and a lot of it is repetitive brainless stupidity. With BF and their lyrics they have a lot of complex themes going on that a lot of other punk bands dont.

"Greg Ginn is the greatest noise guitarist since Johnny Thunders" - Christgau

nu male detected

>caring about some old faggots opinion
nu male detected

Fucking plebs

Look at you, dismissing one of the most important punk bands of the 80s just to look special
You're not impressing anyone (but rather the opposite)

the fact that you are quoting Robert motherfucking Christgau shows how little you know.

Keep telling yourself that you've explored punk in depth and have heard loads of it, doesn't change the fact that you're an uninformed idiot who thinks the most basic, poorly-aged "classics" that were praised solely for being the first to try things, even if they failed to do them WELL, are the be all, end all of punk music.

Delete your RYM account and try actually going outside and going to a show.

>it sucks cos i said so
hot opinions user

influence =/= quality, dumbass

Black Flag is important, yes. I never stated otherwise. The band and their music, however, is mediocre as fuck.

i like nirvana and black flag.

for these nu males they cant understand the riffs because its too much for them

>everybody who doesn't like my shitty baby punk is a numale

>muh riffs
and you wonder why people shit on you for liking pleb music.

Sorry boys, goat coming through

>people who know more about a genre than me are just contrarians!
>but guys if you like one of the most accessible and universally praised pop bands ever you're totally a faggot lol
>i hope nobody realizes i only know about black flag because of cut kobun though :(((

kys

>the clash
>punk

You're a real tryhard if you think records like Nervous Breakdown and Damaged are shit
You're allowed to dislike them, but it seems like you're just another image-obsessed snob

You're just trying to be contrarian, if you really explored the punk genre you would know they are unique and theyre good. You're just getting into punk and want to dissociate with them to look cool

>most accessible and universally praised
not an argument btw

if you honest to god think greg ginn's playing is calculated/intentional, well written, and good on any level, you're a bigger retard than he is. His playing is only "complex" in the same sense as the Shaggs.

watch his coachella set from a few years ago. hes a hack.

Helped invent the genre, son
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJYM3krDWQ

What is bigoted about SOD? The scary riffs? Stop being a fucking gay loser. Go back to your G.L.O.S.S and other assorted faggot bands.

damaged is garbage lmao

Rollins is a terrible vocalist, the production is horrible, and Ginn's playing was arguably at its worst until they started doing instrumental shit

Nervous Breakdown is good because Henry Rollins wasn't present to shit up the vocal performance and Greg Ginn's mediocrity was still somewhat under control

>wrote a punk song
>dresses in the designated punk uniform
>is therefore punk
poseur detected

their 1982 demos are awesome, theyre a fusion of slip it in and my war

he is not a hack listen to his instrumentals and listen to Gone theyre really good

if you had listened to anything beyind the sane tired-ass 80s "classics" you would know that Black Flag at their best was nothing special and at worst was fucking abysmal.

ctrl+f Husker Du

That's literally all punk is. Playing punk music in your little boy scout vest and sometimes virtue signaling.

youtube.com/watch?v=ycnWuHsly0A

based Weller and Strummer refined punk

your lack of self awareness is alarming

>if you listened to more music you would agree that my opinions are objectively correct

Punk is cringe

please go back to Sup Forums and/or r9k you loser

Not true at all if you actually listened to 80s hardcore rock you would know they are one of the best.

>he thinks production quality matters whatsoever

Just shut up and kys. SOD is much more exhilarating and lyrically interesting than the majority of the boring punk and hardcore you probably listen to.

when it comes to punk it doesn't really matter, if you have good live shows that are recorded well it can be better than an album

I don't understand? How am I from Sup Forums or /r9k/? Because I roasted punk for being uncreative and tacky? Or was it because I used the word 'Virtue Signaling'?

My War is great too
Stop pretending like you're big shit though, black flag just isn't meant for people like you

>Nervous Breakdown is good
At least you took a break from your superiority-complex there

it's by the numbers crossover-thrash from braindead meatheads that just want to jump into each other and play guitar solos. i can appreciate it on it's own terms, but it doesn't stand out from any other flavor of the month crossover band from the same era.

>roasted

>Stop pretending like you're big shit though, black flag just isn't meant for people like you
He says as he pushes up his thick rimmed glasses and takes a sip of his starbucks

>roasted
Ah
Ahaha
Ahahahahahahaha

when someone specifically calls out Rollins like this, their problem isn't the band

Only nu males hate black flag. Its too dark and unrelatable to them.

Great fucking reply, that's definitely me rn

rollins band > black flayg

oooo wow he knows about other crossover from the same era. Fucking badass music historian here boys. SOD is not a 'guitar solo' record. Maybe you're confused. Yeah, it has a lot of mosh parts.

>braindead meatheads, by the numbers
Bruh, you're in a fucking punk thread. Most of the good punk was written by braindead druggies and cons. Most punk is also by the numbers at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=MdW1YrHDur0

punk is shit. pub rock is at least self aware of how meme its music is

this demo is rollins at his best i like his vocals from 81-83

youtube.com/watch?v=PMcThL9UhiQ

should've gone with
>black flagay

What's the joke here? I don't get it?

>It's supposed to be bad!

no you dumbass, I'm not talking about it being lofi or what the fuck ever. It's mixed like shit, it doesn't benefit the music at all. Black Flag cared how their records sounded, they just weren't goid at making them.

>Fucking badass music historian here boys.
i'm not making pretensions at being an expert, just sharing my opinion. sorry if i hurt your feelings.

>dresses in the designated punk uniform
You do know these guys basically invented that look? This was the 1st wave of British punk, not some imitators

You keep listening to your sissy boy punk while I listen to real shit

>black flag just isn't meant for people like you

t. pitchfork/xgau/rolling stone reader who doesnt even know what a diy show is

That is not a problem at all because their live performances is their strong point. If you are known for playing good live music it doesn't matter

I am posting the more digestible version of black flag for you nu males to get into it. What is your "real shit"? Start dropping bands

In case people didn't get the bulletin punk is now Dad-Rock

You're sharing an opinion on a band you've never even listened to because you alluded to the fact that SOD are a band for people that like guitar solos, which is objectively wrong because I cannot even remember a single solo off the entirety of Speak English or Die.

Once you listen to all of it you come back to black flag because there the best

except i specifically mentioned his terrible vocals and not hos terrible life

i hated his voice long before i hated him

>black flag
>too dark

I reiterate; listen to more punk music.

Fkn yes! I knew what that was going to be before I hit the link. The jam were so good in the early years
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lG0L86DRuC8

What a silly assumption, I don't even know what those things are
Next meme reply?

>>It's supposed to be bad!
that wasn't my point at all.
>I'm not talking about it being lofi or what the fuck ever.
i didn't say you were.
>It's mixed like shit
yeah, you totally aren't grasping at straws when you're complaining about the mixing on fucking hardcore punk album, and offering such wise insights as "it's shit."

they're*

Name some bands faggot. I will prove that they can't compare. List them and stop being a bitch.

>poseur

who'd want to copy the shite that the sex pistols left behind

new wave punk bands who could actually play instruments gained punk more respect while still keeping its fierce identity

>you alluded to the fact that SOD are a band for people that like guitar solos
i actually didn't say that. that was a generalized insult i threw at the band (mostly because of their ties to slayer), not a critique of the music. i stand by my statement that speak english or die is incredibly unremarkable and generic.

Feelgood master race coming through
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyeSGaBcrA

>Wilkos doing his last tour h-honest

discharge
Rudimentary Peni
Poison Idea
His Hero Is Gone

>who'd want to copy the shite that the sex pistols left behind
posuers

>while I listen to real shit

Haha faggot you literally said:

>it's by the numbers crossover-thrash from braindead meatheads that just want to jump into each other and play guitar solos

So where do the guitar solos come in? You said they wanted to play guitar solos. Why are there no guitar solos on the album? Oh right, you haven't actually listened to it ;)

You also seem extremely concerned with identity and labels. Up the fuckin punx bro!!!! every1s gotta be the same!!! Grow up, nu-male