What album should I listen to first to get into David Bowie? What are his best and worst albums?

What album should I listen to first to get into David Bowie? What are his best and worst albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/252757271252
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Easiest way to do it:

Tell me your favorite genre(s) and that'll help decide what album you should listen to first. He's done almost every genre there is.

I'd say my favorites but most other Bowie fans call my tastes in that reguard weird.

But his worst is DEFINITELY Never Let Me Down. Avoid everything on that but Time Will Crawl.

Start with Hunky Dory and listen to them chronologically.

Hmm. I like most genres, but I guess I prefer rock/alternative rock the most. Radiohead is one of if not my favorite band if that helps you. I also like Rap/Hip-Hop but I'm a little pickier when it comes to that genre. I like most electronic music except for Trap. I like classical music too. I guess the only genre I truly dislike is the more rough types of metal.

don't bother, he's a hack.

Low is probably more Radioheadish

Man Who Sold the World is the most hard-rock of them, but it SLIGHTLY leans into metal but I'm not sure.

Ziggy and Aladdin Sane would probably be a good second choice for you too, the former being more straightforward glam rock and the latter varying styles quite a bit.

Hunky Dory is good too if you like a lot of string sections.
Hope that helps, if you want more bowie albums & genre correlations, let me know.

IT'S NOT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE CO-CAYNE

I'M THINKING THAT IT MUST BE LooOoOOoVVE

Station To Station is the best album.

how do i get into 90s bowie ?

>
this. treefingers could've been on low

Here's a guide:

Black Tie White Noise - One of the more dancable ones. Jazz and House influenced. One of my personal favorites. A lot of love songs since it was based around his wedding.

OUTSIDE - Concept album about a murder, dark mooded and industrial. There's some skits/filler throughout but overall a very good album and a lot of people's favorite 90s Bowie.

Earthling - Drum and Bass. Dance music. Less focused lyrically. Listen if you're into that kind of stuff.

'hours..' the saddest of the bunch. A more melancholy album focused on drum machines and guitars. If you're into moodier music that's the one to go with.

Hope that helps.

thanks

ebay.com/itm/252757271252

Should I lads? I want to get my collection started

a dead guy winning the grammy for best rock song accurately shows what state rock music is in

Hunky Dory and Station To Station

the rest are just filler

I wouldn't man...
Half of them are maxi singles meaning there's like...2 or 3 songs on them.
Also TWO copies of Pin..pI..p...

....That bad one.

my current top 5 Bowie albums (as they change often):
The Man Who Sold the World
Diamond Dogs
Low
Lodger
Scary Monsters

so any of those but really with Bowie just start at the beginning tho his first isn't essential and I've always felt that Space Oddity is weak. but the streak of albums from 1970 to 1980 is nearly perfect

Station to Station
Low
Scary Monsters

Then listen to the others.

>I've always felt that Space Oddity is weak
To each their own, but I really like Cygnet Committee and basically everything after it (bar Janine)