Why did nobody tell me how good this was? One of the hidden gems of Bowie's discography

Why did nobody tell me how good this was? One of the hidden gems of Bowie's discography.

who told you it wasn't good

This has been my favorite Bowie album for years, dude. I talk about it all the time.

>TFW I'll never get to hear the Sweet Thing medley for the first time again.

*deletes album cover*

>impying you're not that same guy on Sup Forums that is constantly shilling that album as "Bowie's best"

I think his best is Station To Station familia, I just dont know why I hadn't listened to this yet

Dude how did you miss I was 2 posts above you?
I'm that guy.

seriously, this is the worst 70s Bowie album
but it's still great

SOMEONE TO CLAIM US
SOMEONE TO FOLLOW

I am consistently amazed by just how many good albums Bowie had. What other artist has a discography as good as this?

YOU'RE ALL DIAMONDS

Is it me or does it feel like we're getting raided by other boards right now because of the Grammys?

eno?

I come here semi regularly, I just happen to like both video games and music

Diamond Dogs was my first Bowie album, it's great stuff albeit a bit unfocused.

The 2nd side is weak, first half is incredible. Also Rebel Rebel does not fit with the album at all, should have put that on Alladin Sane.

Michael Jackson.

Pretty true. 1984 is one of my favourite Bowie songs but the second side feels almost separate from the first side and Rebel Rebel indeed does not fit.

honestly, Pink Floyd

To be fair, I think it fits in the odd narrative to switch to a "Rebel," and the transition from Sweet Thing to Rebel Rebel is fucking 10/10.

I think the second half is really, really great conceptually and still holds up damn fine musically. Rock N' Roll With Me is the more clear outlier to me and was clearly a Ziggy song. I think the second side is still damn great, it's just the first half was near perfect so it's weaker, comparatively.

Album is weak compared to his others in terms of flow. Songs are all solid but lack the strong album presence that Bowie oftentimes has.

At times the tracks are Ziggy tier Diamond Dogs, Sweet Thing, and others are cheesy ultra rock songs, Rebel Rebel, Rock and Roll with Me