Bad Characters in Good Movies

I'm going through Inglourious Basterds after a long while and the Shosanna character is really irritating me. All she does is raise her eyebrows and hide her appallment at everything the nazis do. I guess she's supposed to be the fish out of water person the audience is supposed to vicariously experience the film with but so far her character is a vine amongst oaks.

Are there any characters that really turn a film (or just their parts) into a slog for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GMOQ72OnBoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's exploitation film, you're not supposed to agree with shoshanna, history tells you you should, but she is not a nice person and she kills a lot of innocent people, justified or no

Hm I guess I never considered her burning down the theatre was supposed to be viewed as anything other than joy for the audience. There is a sense of giddiness to the violence - like Tarantino says its "fun" but I think there should be more to it than that.

The moral ambiguity with what her character does certainly adds something more to it. I do like that she does not fall for the Zoller character at all despite his best efforts at being a Nice Guy.

I was so glad when she got shot by the German hero guy

>coalburner

After Landa she was the best thing about the damn movie

AND I WANT MY NAZZI SCALPS

AND I WANT MY SCALPS*

ftfy

you filthy pleb

an impossible romance scenario in that movie would have made it such dogshit to be honest

>jew
>no real acting
>I HATE THE NAZIS THEY DID MY PEOPLE WRONG!!!!!!

she's also supposed to be some kind of film lover ... but then burns down a huge collection of art film negatives

She owns a cinema, that doesn't mean she loves film

still its objectively shitty that she would do that

Yeah the 100s of civilian Germans is okay, it's the mass production film that matters

>Hitler's real defeat was at the hands of a bunch of jews in the cinema
the subtext is redpilled as fuck

this

But she's in the best scene of the movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=GMOQ72OnBoM

back you go

ITT: retards don't understand that the movie was supposed to be so violent against the nazis that the nazis almost look like good guys

The Americans lie, cheat, and are dishonorable multiple times in the movie, while the Nazis are brave. Notice how the nazi refuses to give up info even in the face of death, the slaughtering of innocent family members of nazis, etc

The movie they were watching Overglorified the Nazi heroe Landa, while we watched a movie over glorifying the American heroes. It's pottery.

that's not true though.
It was Tarantino's pure cathartic fantasy. He has been on a series of "Watch the bad ones suffer" movies. You're idea is nice, but I don't think it is supported by facts.

>Nazi heroe Landa
Landa was Waltz, the film was about the young dude Zoller

It was also anti-bourgeois of the German empire, vs the common man of the american and the french world. The Jew Hunter basically such a classy and refined me as the symbol of the protector of the bourgeois, and the veil of honor that hides the "true" mask of evil, and even cowardice when he asks for a trade with the british command and turns tail.

It's now just that the Americans lie, but that the Nazis also were shown to be cowards underneath, and in some ways, just humans. That the best of them, surrendered and turned tail when things finished up.

So fuck you and your brave Nazi. It's easy to be brave when you're winning and have a the power. But when chips are hard, that's when the french resistance and the soldiers are TRULY tested.

but she's a qt jewfu

it's a self insert for tarantino's mom.

>I HATE THE NAZIS THEY DID MY PEOPLE WRONG!!!!!!
there's literally nothing wrong with this

And that "nice guy" that tried to get the french girl, who killed so many people hides the true hatred and prejudice. It's hard to be seen as honorable when you're a bigot. This is true on EITHER side. If you hate CISMALE scum or NIGGERS or JEWS, to hate a people or culture is to hate a idea, and not actually understand what it is to be a human.

The Nazi is the personification of the true evil that humanity is. They will always be and forever will be the embodiment of our deepest flaw. We have to judge each human based on their actions, not on the ancestry.

Life is not as simple as jews are "rats" and germanic people are "eagles". We both came from the same monkeys, and natural selection doesn't play favorites.

Buffy remake fucking when ??

>and natural selection doesn't play favorites.
that's actually the definition of natural selection.

Isolated groups of humans have evolved many kinds of differences in appearance, cognitive ability, aggression, and more.

She is so ridiculously hot to me. Str8 up at. Fuck man. Reminds me of some bitch from highschool

That's the definition of Selective Breeding. Read your Origin of Species again. Natural Selection isn't just the fittest evolving but there's even examples of "devolution" to feral forms in Dawkins. It's WHATEVER works.