This any good?

This any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

blu-ray.com/movies/She-Wore-a-Yellow-Ribbon-Blu-ray/125364/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never seen it OP but now it's on my list

I heard it is one of the most satisfying westerns of the last decade.

Really? From whom?!!!

You cheeky bastard.

Yes, definitely worth a watch familia.

>slow west
>bone tomahawk
>h8ful
>all last year
>tfw westerns are still alive and well
Feelsgoodfam

Overrated but alright
Thing is, most good westerns are synonymous with breath-taking cinematography while this was shot relatively blandly
Worth a watch though

It's alright.

Shame the protagonist gets cuckolded.

I loved all of them, really great year indeed.

pure cuck-core

Good but it was too short, could have used an extra 20 minutes

it was pretty shit but Sup Forums will defend it because it flopped and it's quirky

yeah but they're all tweaked versions of a western. I'd rather just have a good classic western. we were getting some of those for a few years like 310 to Yuma and Appaloosa

thanks guys will torrent tomorrow

Don't worry, in 30 years CGI will be good enough that we can have new Jimmy Stewart/John Wayne westerns..

It's literally about a cuck

I watched Shane the other day. Pretty good.
>1953
Couldn't believe it

As in, later or earlier than you thought it should be? Shane is a weird one where Stevens obviously set out to try to have "the last word" on classic westerns. I don't think he quite reached those aims but it's still a great movie.

It seemed like a 60's western to me. Certainly ahead of its time

How did you watch it? If you saw it in good quality I'd seriously question that, because the technicolor is quintessentially "golden age hollywood". You won't find almost anything from the 60s that looks as good as Shane.

Besides, the whole thing as I say is a kind of attempt to have "the last word" on the classic story of "a gunslinger comes to town..." already done so many times in the 30s and 40s. I think I'd more expect people to mistake it for a really well done 40s western. The Searchers (although that is 3 years later) seems more "ahead of its time" in terms of 50s westerns to me.

It certainly looked good compared to other 50's films. I need to see the searchers. I'm ticking of all the classic westerns. Already watched all of Leone's

My advice would be to go through Fords biggest, then Manns (especially the ones with Stewart), and from there (with say High Noon, 3:10 to Yuma and a few others mixed in) you will have enough knowledge to find the hidden gems for yourself.

They just released She Wore a Yellow Ribbon on blu-ray, looks like it will look amazing: blu-ray.com/movies/She-Wore-a-Yellow-Ribbon-Blu-ray/125364/

Thanks user

Really good but had the most feelsy "fuck you" ending

At first I thought Fassbender's character cucked him but isn't it implied she's a lesbian

I watched one of my western collections. Shane followed by True Grit followed by Once Upon a Time in the West. Surprised how well they hold up.

Literally have that DVD set

Why? This is a curious thing about film. No one questions why Hemingway or Faulkner or other writers of that era still "hold up". Why do people innately suspect films wont?

>paying attention to any reviews from fucks.co.nz

I suppose it's because techniques and effects change so much

It's been a while since I've seen it, but isn't she pregnant at the end? Or they have a kid or something?

I agree. Idk why I overhyped myself and waited 2 hours for a torrent. At least it was 1080p.

That part where the young Harlot shoots Jay and confirms she never had feelings for him.

Yeah, thats a good point. Thats perhaps why its mainly old westerns they show on tv during the day rather than other genres. Certainly old sci-fi looks "dated", although in a few of the better ones the datedness can be nice. Melodramas also betray their age with old "straight" acting techniques, although they are surprisingly easy to get used to quite quickly - after all, millions of people found enjoyment in these films. There are certain actors though, especially in the old crime/film noir films, who seem pretty much modern - Cagney for instance.