New suicide squad poster, reddit has a hate boner circlejerk going on over it now. But what does Sup Forums think...

New suicide squad poster, reddit has a hate boner circlejerk going on over it now. But what does Sup Forums think? I think it looks pretty kino, better than broody cliche shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=syd3Kc8U68w
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Squad
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh, reddit hates it now?

So we like it

dc:Sup Forums
marvel:reddit

I like it.

neat

I like it

I feel like the photoshopped in real faces look really jarring compared to the cartoony aesthetic that takes up most of the poster.

Should have just been fully drawn.

Interesting concept but it could have been done better

Like all that I have so far seen from this thing, it looks like someone saw Guardians of the Galaxy and went: Oh, we can do that too! Instead of Good Classic Music, we'll make it shitty cover versions though! Oh and let's add bad 90's iconography to it, just to fuck with people.

It MIGHT be a good movie, however, the marketing just seems horrendous thus far.

Jesus Goddamn Christ

This isn't even Reddit-tier. This is Hot Topic-tier. We've reached critical pleb.

Reddit hate boner circlejerk where

I like it. It fits with the overarching themes of the DCEU.

Suicide squad is older than GOTG, way older, it's the leftovers of the dead movie: Supermax

Looks like a fun movie.

MOMS

Reddit hates it? Then I like it :^)

GONNA

I understand that the property is older, the movie is not however.

Denying that the Suicide Squad Movie seems to be hugely influenced (to put it mildly) by GotG with the soundtack and the trailer and the whole thing SEEMS insane to me.

It's like vomit for the eyes. Delightful.

I saw a similar comment on Reddit. How about you head there

And why do you think it is they've decided to make it now and execute it in the way they have? Fucking imbecile.

I haven't been following this at all, who's the guy doing a kabuki pose at the bottom?

Shut the fuck up. Thats so embarassaing for you that you can only lens films through capeshit

>heist flick
Wow its like someone saw Antman and wanted their own
>political flick
Wow its like someone saw Winter Soldier and wanted their own

You are a film illiterate manchild

looks like a fuckin straight to dvd disney channel movie now wtf

I don't go to Reddit, but considering your post, you must know the route back pretty well.

Waller looks out of place and 'Worst.Heroes.Ever' is embarrassing. Other wise it is better than MCU copy paste jobs.

lol, looks like it's appealing to scene kids.

Do scene kids still exist?

I'm too old for this shit.

The "Sup Forums likes everything reddit hates" bullshit aside, the poster looks v. weird to me. They're definitely trying to appeal the the larger audience, unlike BvS. It's just start to me.

I hope the movie is good though.

So let's recap; A superhero movie with a group of antiheros on an adventure bigger than themselves is in no way inspired by, neither in marketing or soundtrack, by the OTHER superhero movie who first did this things 2-3 years ago which made probably a billion by now.

Sounds legit!

>a group of antiheros

You fucked up at your first sentence dipshit

Looks perfect for a notebook cover

Nah, you're an idiot

OP here

I tricked all of you. Reddit loves it.

They are villains and the group was created in the 80s

Also Goyer mentioned that Warner wanted to do a Suicide Squad movie a long time ago, but with a smaller budget

they were antiheros in GotG, they are technically villains now... what a huge important difference that dismantles my whole point....

Just fuck off back to that shithole and stay there

>reddit doesn't like it so we collectively have to

Capeshit fans in a nutshell.

>green arrows next to Rick Flag

I like it. I always liked it. There's no "we"

I actually saved it. looks good to me

it looks like they spent more than 4 minutes making a movie poster and therefore I like it

Again, semantics... Antiheros/Villains... whatever. I understand that the comic and group is older and maybe the plans to make a movie might be too... but look at the thing they are presenting us with ffs...

The movie MIGHT be a precious little snowflake like no other before it. But then the marketing is horrendous.

must be nice having such low standards for what is good. I'm jealous.

It's copying the style of the GOTG film though.

post your gf

>le wacky unlikely friends
>unrepentant murderers, a racist, and a cannibal

You dismantled your own point retard. And honestly the rest of your post isnt even worth reading.

Marvel invented soundtracks! Fuck you

But both the dc reddit and Sup Forums love BvS.

The movies are fairly different even ignoring this.

>Villains forced by the government to go on suicide missions and fight a supernatural threat
>Space outlaws escaping prison and saving the galaxy from anihilation

OH BUT THEY HAVE JOKES SO IT'S THE SAME THING

THIS IS THE WORST OFFICIAL POSTER IN HISTORY

is warner literally bankrupt after the Bvs debacle?

Pretty much fits the GoTG except for the cannibal part.

Hell Gamora and Katana in the films are practically the same. Godslayer = Soultaker, both have beef with a big green nigger, considered the most dangerous women in their fields, etc

The GotG soundtrack was hugely succesfull unlike any other in quite a while though. And they are clearly ripping it off poorly from that tracklist I saw. It's not a huge stretch here logically.... GotG was hugely succesfull and is, by many incluiding myself, regarded as the best marvel movie (maybe on one level with Winter Soldier). They could be a group of squirrels instead of villains and they could STILL be trying to ape the GotG "formula".

it should have all been drawn instead of the real faces shoved in. Would have been pretty good.

If you had read the SS leak, you'd know that the Sqwad decides to save the world at their own free will when Amanda Waller gets captured and subdued by the Enchantress and the Incubus.

So yeah, basically the same situation with the Infinity Gem in GotG.

Lmao literally can't imagine what it would be like to struggle this much understanding the concept of studios want to emulate the success of other studios.

I agree, but I actually kinda like it.

>believing rumor bullshit from Sup Forums

It wasn't from Sup Forums and there have already been several test screenings, knob

Yeah. I mean Marvel themselves where trying to imitate the dark tone of Batman Begins when they did Iron Man and Hulk. And now DC is doing the same to Marvel since their new formula has been working out for them.

they also released the soundtrack, anything of your liking Sup Forums?

Tracklist
1. "Purple Lamborghini" – Skrillex & Rick Ross
2. "Sucker For Pain" – Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors)
3. "Heathens" – twenty one pilots
4. "Standing In The Rain" – Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys) (feat. Mark Ronson)
5. "Gangsta" – Kehlani
6. "Know Better" – Kevin Gates
7. "You Don’t Own Me" – Grace (feat. G-Eazy)
8. "Without Me" – Eminem
9. "Wreak Havoc" – Skylar Grey
10. "Medieval Warfare" – Grimes
11. "Bohemian Rhapsody" – Panic! At The Disco
12. "Slippin’ Into Darkness" – War
13. "Fortunate Son" – Creedence Clearwater Revival
14. "I Started a Joke" – ConfidentialMX (feat. Becky Hanson)

Who is this poster supposed to appeal to?

Is their demo 12 and under?

>a question mark

The Riddler confirmed??

>use Queen version of BH
>some fuccboi band is covering it

The fuck? Pay the damn money!

those are some horrendous songs... excluding CCR and Eminem... Lil' Wayne and Skrillex...

capeshitters

so...12 year olds

>GotG formula

honestly commit suicide

>simpsons tagline

Is someone going to dodge bullets like in the Matrix too?

I'd like to point out that the two songs most prominently featured in the promos are extremely accessible from a pop culture standpoint and are highly suggestive of one of the main underlying themes of the whole DCEU.

The 20th century brought us both the birth and decline of comic book culture, arguably modern-day myths. They started out as simple stories that slowly took on all the trappings of myth as time went on. Through the 70s and the 80s, the comics took on a darker, more "mature" tone to maintain appeal to their aging audience, but in doing so, they lost that air of myth. The heroes became more morally flexible and were often every bit as dark as the foes they faced.

Snyder gave us a world where, outside of the Batman, there appeared to have been long stretches of time(like most of the 20th century) where there were no superheroes operating openly like Bruce was. It's very strongly suspected that it was the Joker's actions that forced the Batman to retire, arguably stopping Bruce from awakening the "magic" of the comic book world and abandoning it to grit, darkness, and cynicism.

"I started a joke which started the whole world crying."

I can't wait for the new black guy laughing video to be made after the reviews come in

Is that real?
>Without Me soundtracks The Joker's return
Car crash incoming. Bring back the batdance.

>Joel Kinnaman
>Kinnaman
>Kinnoman
>Kinno man
>Kino man

SS confirmed for kino.

>ripping it off

go away

Go back to r*ddit, you fucking faggot. That poster looks atrocious.

>Fortunate Son starts playing
If it's used in the context of a Vietnam parody Sup Forums might explode

>Worst. Heroes. Ever.
Fucking trash tbqh f@m

that is like a 500 million dollar tracklist alone

this movie is going to fucking bomb hard

Maximum damage control for BvS. Just one look at the poster and you can imagine the WB marketing department going:
>Make it more colorful! It has to look FUN! What a wacky rag tag bunch! Worst heroes ever, haha! Quick, put even more emphasis on FUN! We can't afford another failure!

Pretty hype for the grimes tune

Why? Her music is unlistenable hipster shit, bereft of any redeeming quality.

>Joker cis white male
Dropped

I like her music senpai

Dubs will not avail your shit taste.

Goddamn look at all this Guardians of the Galaxy copying

All those rap songs on the GotG soundtrack were much better

Fucking Marvel fags are a blight on humanity

No, all the SONGS were better... Rap Music, in particular the kind with Lil' Wayne, is utter shite. There is one decent song on that list and it's CCR AND it has been in more movies than colour.

This is the world that Superman enters - a dark, pessimistic place where larger-than-life heroes just don't have a place anymore. He's forced into the spotlight early by Zod and crew, and a goodly portion of the world reacts predictably to a god-like savior figure - they insist on thinking of him as a god. Not everyone does, obviously, but regardless of how they think of him, consciously or otherwise, he's a polarizing, controversial figure, a sharp contrast to the place we're accustomed to seeing Superman occupy in the public consciousness, both in-universe as well as externally.

That's because this isn't Superman's world.

Later in BvS, Bruce tells Clark, "The world only makes sense if you force it to," and this is exactly what Clark does, whether he fully understands it or not. He chooses the role of hero and he chooses his world, both for himself as well as the rest of us. It is a world where gods and heroes can walk among us once more.

"Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see."

There's this one too
youtube.com/watch?v=syd3Kc8U68w

I don't know why the fuck would they use Bohemian Rhapsody from Queen on the trailer and then put a shitty cover by Panic at the Disco on the movie
That's the most retarded decision

Lol

HOLY SHIT IS EVERYTHING IN THIS FILM A RIP OFF OF GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY IM FUCKING FLIPPING FUCKING OUT RIGHT NOW SHIT

>soundtrack
the same

>poster
the same

>le wacky characters
the same

>the setting
the same

>plot
the same

FUXKING WARNERBROS GET A REAL IDEA SNYDER HACK SHIT STOP STEALING GUARDIANS THATS OUR MOVIE.

I hope this is falseflag bait

FUCK OFF BACK TO Sup ForumsEDDIT

GoTG is our fucking movie for our generation not this shit factory produce suicide squad bull shit from DC shit factory can't make good capeshit hack snyder is shit.
i hope this shit flops so hard.
joker is pure cringe

stop trying to be groot

too many spooks

0/10

>it ain't me
>not in a vietnam war movie

wew lad

>Rap Music, in particular the kind with Lil' Wayne, is utter shite.

Damn, me too, since the GotG were never even considered criminals in their original incarnation. I can't speak for any subsequent reboots, but the Squad's been a work-release program for super villains in its every iteration. It's creators fully acknowledge they borrowed the concept from "The Dirty Dozen."

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Squad

If anything, GotG ripped that concept off.

One of the ugliest fucking posters i've ever seen, Margot Robbie can get it though.

Looks dumb, it would work if they animated their faces but the badly shopped faces slapped on it look really sloppy and out of place.

Would you disagree that the ones listed on the soundtrack in particular are utter shite though? As previously stated, maybe taking Eminem out of the equation. Is Lil Wayne now good rap music?

Looks like they've thrown out paint on a canvas and glued cutouts from magazines. This looks terrible for a multi-million dollar movie poster.

Who cares what the posters look like, the movie is going to be unwatchable shit.

Mark it.

mark yourself cuckosaurus

nice try at making the evansbros look like retards, 1.jpg capekino poster

Nobody could fuck with Lil Wayne in his prime. He's been shit since prison though.