How can anyone not find space fucking incredible?

How can anyone not find space fucking incredible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=it6axC0htak
spacetelescope.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/
youtube.com/watch?v=jvFYgELj2X0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4yYHdDSWs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_eC14GonZnU
youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc
image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/a11354.html
youtu.be/XGK84Poeynk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Okay, I buy one.

Thats awesome

Light Pollution, Unchecked Corporatist-capitalism, Work, Not evolutionarily advantageous, Dwellings cover the sky, No possibility of travel, Only a novelty to know much about outside of use for navigation (No longer needed), obsolete knowledge by now.

Hm?

Take some time to zone out of your cynical reality and just think about it a little at least.

whut

Maybe because it's nothing....

I buy one. You've convinced me of the pleasure to own one of those pretty awesome twinkling spaces. Delivery time, shipping costs?

Actually offtimes the thought scares me and saddens me... the idea that i will never be able to see any of those planets/clusters etc is heart-breaking.. we are so limited god dammit.. wish i was born in 500 years or so

I agree. The immensity is what attracts me to it. We're 24 trillion miles from our nearest interstellar neighbor. There are stars out there (betelguese) that would reach Jupiter's orbit if they replaced our sun. And even that is tiny compared to most. I Fucking love space.

Any fellow Planetary Society members here?

Actually its everything you faggot

I'm part of the space, I'm fucking incredible

Yeah, this makes me sad too. I'd give anything to live in a Firefly-esque time.

Learn astral projection and you can see whatever you want

Its just so massive and the forces are incredibly powerful.

space is pretty cool

And you're made up of matter formed in stars. The iron in your blood was made in the heart of a dying star as it went supernova.

But what if it's only a very small part of something that is actually not very big in comparison to other things

I find it incredible but I'm stupid as shit and don't know anything about it. Feel free to drop random facts.

Take some hallucinogens and you'll be there...

youtube.com/watch?v=it6axC0htak

I'm sure most of us already have an imagination, user. True space lovers recognize that that's just pseudoscience.

spacetelescope.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/
There are over 100 million stars in this pic of andromeda. Who can't find this fucking incredible?

The most amazing thing about space, is that we are literally made of stardust.

i agree but i am afraid to do it too often one time i was attacked during an astral projection and someone tried to cut my silver cord. i barely escaped alive

youtube.com/watch?v=jvFYgELj2X0

fuck space what about the fucking OCEAN????????

Our galaxy is 100,000 light years across.
It has around a billion stars, each likely with its own planets.
Our nearest neighbor is 4.3 light years away.
One light year is 6 trillion miles.
Our solar system, everything inside the Oort cloud, is 1 light year across.
More?

oCEAN SUCKS
FISH ARE GAY
WHO CARES OF GAY ASS JELLYFISH WHEN YOU HAVE QUASAR AND NEUTRON STARS

Beautiful, fam

Because it is terrible in bed...

Pulsars. I Fucking love pulsars.

Try cleansing the area in which you project by burning sage ir maybe even incense.

Sometimes i think that if there is afterlife then the best gift would be to freely travel anywhere you'd like.. bask in the beauty of the universe!

Thanks, black science man

Do you realize how much of our oceans remain undiscovered?

I would actually accept religion if this were the case. Fuck 72 virgins and harp lessons. Free range of the universe. But I'd want to be able to see in any light spectrum too.

the most amazing thing about space is that at the top speeds scientists can currently imagine as being even possible for mankind, we could get to our nearest star in as little as 17,000 years...

You're welcome, white 4chin man.

Space the final frontier

Can't wait to discover what kind of down syndrome fish lives 6km under a sea of water and darkness
Don't you find more romantic looking at the sky through a telescope?

Check out Breakthrough Starshot. Using wafer-small crafts, huge sails, and high powered lasers we'll likely get an unmanned craft there in 24 years.

i was using crystals though i have one that protects against basilisks

this thread gave me the blues OP... but also in a nice way! thx!

Religion has been drastically misinterpreted and construed. I was raised Christian, although I strayed from that about three years ago. I never really tried too hard to live a 'Christian' lifestyle, but I abandoned it all together when I discovered how badly it has been twisted. Essentially though it is right in a way. We are all sons of God in a sense, but what Christianity fails to teach is that God is the Universe. Science can confirm this if they looked at it the way I do. They have already discovered that there is intelligent thought in everything that exists. Everything has though/life/energy. That energy, which permeates all, and is in fact all, is God. Meaning we are God, we are the Universe. We are the thought that exists everywhere, but we have tethered a small part of us into a capsule in order so that we may experience things individually and from one perspective. After we 'die' though, that is no longer the case. We will exist everywhere, which means you can be in whichever part of the Universe you choose to be in and at any time.

call the scientologist hotline i'm sure they'd love to have a word with you

Whats the thing on the left?

I think both areas are equally exciting

space is a jewish invention to make people hate islam or something ALLAH ACKBAR

i dont know what id want to be in that case but i know i wouldnt want to be a nigger

Appears to be a distant spiral galaxy, don't know which

It makes you feel really insignificant as a species

Other cool stuff
The sun is bigger than you imagine!
It's so huge and dense that Light takes 200 years to travel from the centre to the outside.
Then, in empty space, in 8 minutes it reaches us, and everything around, everything you can see it's only because of incredibly tiny particles bouncing off and reaching your eyes.
This also means that when you look at any star, your eyes see the light that started his trip maybe thousands of years ago. Some starts in the sky maybe are dead currently, but you'll still able to see their light.
Space's amazing

My last hope is to come in contact with aliens..so that they'll give us ufo to ride.. we'll probably start shooting planets for fun but.. w/e

Is it true space is a collection of infinitesimaly small discrete points sharing information with each other in constant flux and that the laws of the universe are manifestations of how these points are programmed and share information with one another?

kek

Space is great and all but it is so vast and unbelievably out of our grasps that it might as well not exist for all we know. I love learning about space and everything but it is so overwhelming.

what im really interested in is black holes.. i've read so much about them and the way they distort time.. it scary and... fascinating

Well you probably have been many niggers and will be many more yet to come.

Nothing interesting ever happens in fucken space. Just rock bumping into each other and shit. Call me when it gets all Warhammer 40k and shit.

>tfw white people and asians were our only hope to explore the universe and they're going extinct

>obsolete knowledge
>obsolete
>knowledge
this has got to be bait, you cannot possibly be that retrarded

Ah, but then there's all the crazy of the other religions mixed in. And it was based on a novel. Religion is still a poor replacement for knowledge, no matter what flavor it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4yYHdDSWs

Take a look in this video.. the fact that space expands means that in a few billion years-if we are still here- there will be no evidence of the existance of other galaxies due to light never reaching us... we will see only blackness.. we will be alone

>nothing interesting happens in space

What

Until it starts collapsing.

Light actually takes around a million years to escape to the sun's surface. The rest is spot on. Love it.

that one is pretty much useless before level 40.

space is a mysterious thing. We dont know what it is, how big it is or how old it is. It could be everything, like the combination of atoms of a water molecule of a world that is bigger than we ever could immagine. 1 billion years in our universe could be a second in the bigger universe. Its realy hard to undestand what our position is, our being, the existence of the whole everything.
Its really sad that humanity will never be able expand onto the stars because of our materialistic desires and just the simple human way of thinking. Religion, Consumerism and politics limit the humen being so much that the life becomes a every day routine with the same stagnant activities.
For us to reach into the space and colonize planets we would need a one world government with one religion, one mindset and one goal. Nobody is working against others, no conflicts slowing down progress, one way to make decisions and everybody works towards that goal.

To bad that will never happen. People would rather buy the new iphone today than go to space in 200 years.

So you realize that space is so big, and so full of everything not "rocks bumping into each other" that there's a very good chance it's already happening somewhere.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_eC14GonZnU

So back when Ameri fags got their independence is the light that I am seeing today? Nice, thanks user!

Shit like this boggles my mind that people don't think aliens exist somewhere out there.

I love it more than anything but at the same time it depresses me now. All this wonder and mystery and fascination and yet we put so little into time and effort into it. Our species is largely a failure. Most of those in power in place like, the USA especially, are more concerned with profits and fossil fuels. Just look at all the social problems there are too, this place is fucked. A big part of me hopes we don't expand our bullshit to the rest of the universe if our species will continue to be like this in the future.

We didn't get our independence a million years ago.

It will happen user just give us some time to learn the neccesary lessons we obviously need to learn. We have an infinite amount of tries to get this right.

Because it's empty

>America has had independence/has existed for a million years
>Americans actually believe this

The brain named itself! The Universe becoming conscious!

youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

It takes the light 200 years or so to escape the sun. 8 minutes to travel to earth. That's about the same time when ameri fags got independence, no? And by that I mean like 1870 - 1800

No, most Americans believe the universe is 6000 years old. We're on the other end of the retard spectrum.

No ? What the fuck, dude... I saw a pic today on kikebook that we got it 1.000 years ago. So, a million years ago, we weren't independent and free like now.Are you saying we're not free yet, or we got it a bit sooner ?

i'm still not convinced that earth is the only planet out there that has some sort of life form

ok i buy op

image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/a11354.html

One million years, user.

actually space is so enormous we'll probably never be able to leave our own galaxy...so... yeah one more reason to be depressed

THE EARTH IS FLAT!!! ALL THESE PICTURES ARE SHOPPED BY NASA AND THE UNIVERSE IS A BIG FAT LIE !!!

youtu.be/XGK84Poeynk

A million years ago we weren't even human. The asinine idea of countries and imaginary borders didn't exist.

Never say Never.

I hope I lived long enough to say.. We did it!

Ah right. Fuck me that is a long time. Does that mean the 1st million years of the sun had no emissions of light?

LOOK GUYS

I'M NOT LYING! THE EARTH IS FLAT! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!