21yom

21yom

paramedic with 2yrs experience

AMA

Worst Call: Man in his 50s went into heart failure due to a heart attack and went into cardiac arrest in front of his entire family on Christmas Eve, didn't get him back.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.hidesertstar.com/mobile/news/article_e0f28e82-8bd5-11e5-8488-ef1682b078a5.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whats your job

22 year old EMT here. Got called to a house at about 230 am for a guy who had a cock ring stuck. Still can't eat doughnuts today without thinking of him

i ask myself that everyday

Alright. Have you or anyone to your knowledge made a mistake, causing someone to get further injured or die? What was the backlash like?

hahaha sounds like a good story. ive done a few dick related calls, did a penile fracture last week, was pretty legit. whereabouts do you work, and how does the EMT - paramedic ranking system work, ive never understood it

personally i havent ever made an error that directly caused an adverse event or death with a patient. but it for damn sure happens all the time. i can recall of one story where a paramedic gave Adrenaline in the wrong route with the wrong dose, causing a perfectly healthy female in her 30s to vasoconstrict and have a heart attack, which ended up killing her.

Lol.....thats cute bus drivers.....come back when you get to run the second toddler thats been raped to death.

I was doing compressions for a patient in arrest when she came back and yelled at me to get off of her. She went back in as soon as my ALS back up got there.

i bet you're fun at parties

happens bro, sucks to be her

Damn,sounds like you guys get into some funny shit at times. How do people act when you treat them for things like that? Do you dare to crack jokes about it?

Pretty damn fun

I'm in VA and we do EMT-B, AEMT, and Paramedic. Everything is team effort so its less about boss supervisor and pleb and more so who can do the most while the others assist.

we all have to go sometime, just remember that when everyone that was in that room is dead, nobody will even remember it

We try to be a little funny buy stay professional with patients. Of course when we get back to the station its all dick jokes

we have stories you wouldnt even believe. ive been on many scenes where i have to turn around to let out a small laugh or else ill breakdown in front of the patient. if the patient is understanding of the situation, we sometimes feel them out and crack a joke to lighten the mood. otherwise theyre normally extremely embarrassed and say nothing.

oh no dont tell me youre a hose monkey. overpaid for 24h of napping followed by 72h off, you guys go to what, 1 fire a year? alarm activation city

I had a cardiac arrest on a 6 month old and lost her, shit fucked me up for weeks

thats cool. where im at we just have primary care, advanced care, critical care. then we have regular fire and volunteer fire which are trained at MFR level. usually theyre great help, i try to get them involved as much as i can because theyre usually gung-ho for whatever

true that brother

Any rape victims?

thats too bad man, pediatric calls suck in general. i have calls that bug me from 2 years ago, it gets easier but they sketch an image in your head for sure

yeah, quite a few. theyre more about being comforting to the patient, unless they have physical injuries. they can be quite disturbing though.

Sure Junior...whatever you believe.....just love those self righteous "trauma junkies" who thinks they are doctors in the field.......

That's old hat son

dont you have another bonfire to put out?

I watch the new guys do that.....please tell me how you are making a difference?

over 20+ STEMI's brought to cath successfully, 20+ ROSCs with good outcomes, 10-15 trauma activations with good outcomes, 30+ diabetic wakeups, 2 babies delivered by me personally, you get the jist of it. why the hate? you guys help us out with the lifting and your speedy ineffective CPR and bagging. sometimes we let you press fluids :)

I know......the bus matrons are so bad ass they need to take at least one firemen for each of those calls......please.....i just hope you are so new that you are thinking of wearing a bullet proof vest on duty.....I really love those ALS gods......maybe I shouldve decided to drive the ambulance full time instead of a part time gig. Then I would really be in the shit and know what its all about lol.

i hate to break it to you but it sounds like you've burned up. with all your experience im sure you could put that fire out though, right? ill be hoping to get the call ;)

dont come on here talking about you are a 21 yo emt on the bus......no one gives a shit......you havent seen shit..... you havent done shit........fuck off with your stories of dick donuts and sids.

Paramedic*

Don't come on here acting like fire is better at doing medical calls than EMS dipshit. Typical fire mentality, all the publicity for doing half the work, if only the public knew. Take off now

>28 y/o medic
>worst call?
m.hidesertstar.com/mobile/news/article_e0f28e82-8bd5-11e5-8488-ef1682b078a5.html

Had 45 minutes eta on a traumatic full arrest. When we arrived on scene there were a shit load of young kids around looking at a guy who had a 5 foot rocket sticking out of his face. The rocket penetrated about 4 inches into the man's orbit.

"hur dur I pulled him out of the fiar but i cudnt help wit da smok inhaltiun" "dem bus drivars savde his lief but day dont do anything really"

Damn man, that's a good one..

medic myself......but yes we are......youre welcome for when you have to stand back for us to rescue your taxi fare

"hur dur I big and stronk pulld dis guy out windo wit 85% burnd and duh bus drivars did IO infusun to safe his lief but day dont do shit really" "im duh rael haro"

May I ask for your credentials? Age/years of exp in fire vs ems.

Also why do you hate on EMS if you were a medic yourself?

And everyone knows you dont go anywhere near a fire unless its 110% secured and you wear your 100lb suits and tanks. You aren't risking shit except for those very rare events such as 9/11

his credentials don't exist, because he's an edgy NEET faggot on Sup Forums

USN

3yrs

me2. i was a SEAL in DEVGRU who personally killed bin laden, and saved princess leah

Christ Almighty.

What are the odds of that happening?

you should have cracked a joke like "at least his presents can go to someone else now" etc etc.

Try harder next time

12 years ff.....10 medic.....10 part time ambulance driver.......major city in us.....top 5 busiest company in my area of out of hundreds of companies......

get off Sup Forums grandpa

THAT is your worst call?

1y EMT, 4y lpn, 2 yr rn , 2 yr A-RN
im better than all of you faggots, its like watching retards fight over whos the least retarded

>A-RN
What's the A stand for?

APRN** my bad

Not an MD, didn't read

>APRN
OK
What's the AP stand for?

Whatever you say doctor-helper, hahahahah. Anything exciting happen over your last rotation while you were babysitting your 3-4 geriatrics? Be sure to let the doc know if you do any medicine!

Yeah, it was just sad. I've had more gory calls, suicides/murders, but those don't get to me as much

I'm a firefighter paramedic with 8 years experience who works on a suppression and rescue engine.
>And everyone knows you dont go anywhere near a fire unless its 110% secured
What does this even mean? I've been involved in three rescues inside involved structures. All of them we made entry before the IC could even do his walk around. There is no such thing as a "secured structure" especially when that structure is on fire, or has been on fire. Look up NFPA statistics on how many firefighters have died, or been injured in structure collapse.
>and you wear your 100lb suits and tanks. You aren't risking shit except for those very rare events such as 9/11
Wearing bunker gear is a hazard in of itself. Thermal layering inside the turnout gear can cause steam burns. If you become entrapped in a structure you can run out of air inside of your self contained breathing apparatus causing a suffocating risk if you leave your mask on, or removing your mask and dying from tracheal edema caused by the super heated gases in the IDLH.

Hell going code 3 in a vehicle with at least a 500 gallon water tank is dangerous.

>can write scrips
>can write orders
>helper
top kek, hows it feel that your my bitch?

advanced practice registered nurse
practically a mini doctor

aka you go and get the doctor his coffee every hour

will you idiots stop bitching about fire v ems and join a real department that requires you to do both?
Join a fucking city department where you ACTUALLY get calls and are required to be cross trained.

OP here. There's some serious hate between medics and fire. The way I look at it, fire is best at fires, we are best at medical. Medics get really pissed when fire tries to critique or takeover medical calls.

Sometimes I miss EMS.

Not every city has joint EMS and Fire, sometimes they are separate (and for good reason)

enjoying the banter between the medics and fire

Medics dont work for your chronic-care ass wiping job buddy. You can refer to the LPN/CCAs for that

>mini-doctor

oh boy..

>getting paid 6 figures to fetch coffee
im okay with this
i treat
i diagnose
i write scripts and orders
fugg off

>a mini doctor that can't administer medication without the actual doctor's consent

After a physician reviews and signs you off. And has his coffee.

>we're bringing in a renal failure who's also paralyzed from the waist down, and we think he's shit himself
>get your wet wipes doctor helper

my grandpa choked to death recently. while waiting for the paramedics i was performing cpr. i'm a CMA and have had cpr training. on the way to the hospital they started to give chest compressions. my grandpa passed away with 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung. who was more likely to have broken his ribs. he was 97 so it could have been either. id just like to hear your opinion

six.figure.salary.

post pics or it didn't happen faggots!

>six wet wipes

>>taking pics
top kek, its like u want me to lose my license and goto prison

Proper CPR will break bones everytime. If you didn't feel a crack, you were not doing proper CPR. Don't let that get to you though, 97 years old, he more than likely was never coming back, and the broken ribs + punctured lung would not have effected his outcome.

broken ribs are a very common side effect of quality CPR. you likely broke them, as you started the initial compressions, but that isn't something to be upset about

I thought a "mini doctor" was a PA, Physicians Assistant

fukken pussy

Cause it is. Shh, don't tell the nurses though, it makes them feel special.

You're just there to make sure the EMS providers don't take the linen

Hahaha sounds about right

Hahahahahahaha

To all nurses who are in here. Know your place. You have 2 years in sciences and 2 years in nursing to get your degree. Degenerate. Furthermore you're absolutely pathetic to watch in any acute care that happens in the emergency room. Ontop of that you have no real emergency training. It's an overview of chronic care medicine. I know this from experience because I have family who work as a nurse. Typically over paid, underworked Doctor helpers that truely have no scope of practice. I can't count how many times I've heard "go grab the medic because I can't start an IV." Or " I can't do that because it wasn't ordered." You're obsolete in the ER and you should be solely working in chronic care. Also I love hearing your stories about how *that crazy resus* went in your doctors ER. It must be nice having a doc, RT, 5-6 nurses and a medic running an arrest or any acute patient. In a well lit, wide open space to work in, may I add. Know your place and get out of the ER. Don't even get me started on hose monkeys. Fucking retards do more harm than good. They do CPR at 200+bpm, typically on the abdo or clacvicals. Kick out IVs and can't coordinate themselves enough to step the fuck back when medics show up. My experience with fire has been pathetic. You're over hyped gym rats who think they're going to make it big on Chicago Fire and save the world. For other who don't know what fire does, they get paid 6 figures to sit at a fire hall, where they live, rent free, and respond to nothing. They do, nothing. But make sure to thank a fire fighter next time you see them! With out them we wouldn't have a good parade.

you fucking jew cunts stealing shit from my linen cart. kys
who do you think has to listen to the cunty LPNs and RNs bitch? fuck off

Is it cliche to get a tattoo of a medical sign? got mine as soon as i turned 18. wanted to be a Physicians Assistant as long as i can remember. now i feel like a faggot everytime i'm in class or around any graduated medical fags. to be specific i got a colorful rod of asclepius

"I'm not a nurse, but some distant family I never talk to is a nurse, therefore I have experience being a nurse."

Time for you to go back to surgeon simulator, kiddo.

How do you become a paramedic/EMT?

>its your job though
>now go get the doctor a coffee

U WOT M9?

>For other who don't know what fire does, they get paid 6 figures to sit at a fire hall, where they live, rent free, and respond to nothing. They do, nothing.

how do i get this job?

you die inside

Irrelevant and retarded wannabe doctor who got caught with his pants down on Sup Forums, good stuff

I'm talking actual steps - associates degree or bachelors

I'm pretty sure thats after you become one user

THE WORST WOULD BE SAVING THE LIFE OF A NIGGER

in my state a paramedic degree is an associates.
Becoming an EMT is a 6 month course

1- Complete EMT Basic Training, which will take you anywhere from six months to two years to complete.

2- Pass a National or State Exam to Become Certified (you SHOULD do both, looks better and you learn more)

3- Complete Advanced EMT Training (Optional but again, obviously something you should do anyway)

Anything after that like a 2 year degree program is optional but again important if you want to move up later on

>pic is literally you
its time for bed son

That's the GENERAL outline btw, it may be different in your state.

>six figures to be irrelevant
im ok with it

EMT-B- like a semester course. You take a national registry test, obtain an ambulance driver's license.
EMT-P- 1,000 hours of EMT-B experience, and acceptance to a school.

it's 4 months here for basic, and a year long course for medic. you can go for an associates during paramedic if you like, but that's an extra year of school. basic can be rushed in as little time as 3 weeks, which is what they do in the army, though.

Very close family member. I also worked with her in hospital and I worked with nurses in the past as well. It was a close working relationship and I saw that they did every day. Wipe ass, chart, fetch coffee and nap.

>2 YEARS?

Nice.

Have a weak jaw, big ego, and have a license to drive the shiny truck