What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YM_eCnTNt1Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was right about Bird, idk.

>for the love of god, someone give me attention

I mean he also said Kim Jong Un was just misunderstood.

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

I think what he said was quite literal

And he is completely right.

Only Garnett, Duncan, Nowitzki, Kobe, and a few others have the talent to have survived back in the 90s Era Basketball

>the 80s & 90s were more physical

Doesn't this mean Lebron has more freedom to just run through people in the paint?

With the old NBA rules Lebron wouldn't have stood out so much

His skillset wasn't as valuable then

No it means guys like Rodman, Lambeer, Olajuwon, Robinson etc. who prided themselves on interior defense would constantly be knocking LeBron on his ass every game, making him fear going through their lane. And they didn't have to worry about bullshit flagrants either. LeBron would either be too scared to drive, or too injured from the constant beatings he would take from that playstyle in 80's NBA.

If you tried to play like lebron then you'd prob get hurt real quick

if today's nba is so easy why isn't he still playing in it?

Really makes me think.

This and defense was man to man. literally more points for legoat

Yep. But for some reason people assume Lebron is a flopping faggot because he's soft and not because it's the most productive way to play these days.

>Lebron is the fastest and strongest person at his size to ever play the game of basketball. He played basically 11 years straight without a major injury which is almost impossible in any era.

This entire argument is so stupid it should be bait, or Sup Forums is just filled with casuals now if you believe the
>muh killer instinct
meme.

Every single star player, even down to the levels of men like Mike Conley would dominate the 80s and 90s off of superior shooting alone.

Small Forwards and Power Forwards are way more athletic than they've ever been. Most forwards back in the day were just mini centers. Now they need to have elite defense, insanely long wingspans, and 3pt range just to survive in this league.

People make fun of Deandre Jordan for not shooting free throws well, but free throw percentage overall is way higher than it used to be. With his athleticism people would be calling him the best ever if he played in the '80s.

Finally, the pace was extremely high back then, which inflated numbers greatly. It also diminished the style and intensity of defense. Watch any NBA finals from the '80s, teams were scoring in the 130s and 140s and the offense was just one fastbreak after another. Just because you could cold cock a guy in the face without a flagrant being called doesn't mean they played great defense at all.

Defenses are way tougher today because zones are legal, and coaches actually started creating and using more advanced defensives philosophies.

fuck didn't mean to greentext the first sentence

save your breath senpai. the grandpas here are too stubborn

Checkmake athiests.

Athletes skill level in general is always improving, but people like the to glorify old school players.

Same thing happens in football and baseball.
People say Tom Brady/Peyton Manning would be destroyed in the 70s when in reality they'd be placing the ball on a dime in a wide open receivers hands playing against secondaries that have never seen a QB pass more than 20 times in a game.

Or how no one hits .400 anymore in baseball, when all the old players were playing against 30 year old white guys throwing 150 fastballs a game

Bump

he meant that modern players are scrubs.

>Kobe
Shaq and Gasol baby to be honess. Lakers had their worst season because of him.
Lebron and Iverson single handly carried on finals teams full of scrubs and role players.

try watching some pre-90s football someday

Rodman would destroy LeBron on a psychological level.

Steve kerr literally played in the 90s. And played well.

What is his take?
> If I had to pick 1 player to play a Game 7 on the road, I'd take LeBron 1st
> LeBron's defensive range is incomparable. David West one series, Tony Parker the next. The man is a machine.

Take his dick out your mouth homo. He was talking about current players.

LeFlop cant cry to the refs back then for some freebies, he can try and drive the lane but he'll actually be met with someone to stop him.

Driving the lane is a product of the current rule set that basically makes it more productive.

LeBron wouldnt do as well in the old days if he played the way he does, no telling how he would play though or what he would do.

>Lebron single handly carried on finals teams full of scrubs and role players.
>Irving
>Love
>Bosh
>Wade
>Scrubs

Spoken like a man who plays no sports. Idiots like you think that in the entirety of human history somehow in the last 20 years we've hit some magnificent breakthrough that makes athletes of 20 years ago vastly inferior.

Jordan was scoring 22 a game against players that are still productive in this era when he was 40 years old.

>LeFlop cant cry to the refs back then for some freebies
He wouldn't need to. He would still be physically superior to most of the people that step on the court with him.

The only people that would give him a problem would be the old fashioned centers but that would be something he would have to learn to deal with and he has shown he's capable of adapting.

>LeBron wouldnt do as well in the old days if he played the way he does
The point forward playstyle always works. If you're talking about him driving to the lane, he only does that because not that many people in the league can stop him.

When push comes to shove though, he does have a fully developed post game and all he would need to learn is he can be more aggressive with it.

Also, no one in the 80s and 90s would be able to handle him when he's in King James mode.

07 Cavs

Braised

Yeah because that worked so well with every player who feasted on scoring inside like Nique or Dantley.

>Finally, the pace was extremely high back then, which inflated numbers greatly.
Pace in the 90s was actually comparable to now, you're thinking 80s and before.

You're right overall though.

Lebron can't actually guard bigs for more than a couple of possessions though.
His help defense >>> his individual defense.

Friendly reminder Dennis Rodman is the greatest rebounder of all time, certainly better than Wilt "Eternally Cucked by Bill Russell" Chamberlain who simply could not comprehend the fact basketball is a team sport.

>LeFlop cant cry to the refs back then for some freebies,
>Driving the lane is a product of the current rule set that basically makes it more productive.
But Jordan averaged similar FTA/g to Lebron's. So did Nique.

Lebron has always struggled with good defensive centers and never adapted, centers just faded out of popularity.
He's lucky Howard never met much team success because he was kind of his kryptonite early on.

>he does have a fully developed post game
Nah.

Wilt was great, shut your whore mouth.
Rodman was definitely a much better rebounder though.

NBA and NFL are video game leagues that are designed to maximize offensive production to help market the leagues to a wider, less savvy audience.
The emphasis is on protecting star players and using them to make money through fantasy sports and endorsement deals rather than maintaining the integrity of the game.

>He's lucky Howard never met much team success because he was kind of his kryptonite early on.
True as Howard is one of that few that was as athletic. If I remember correctly, Howard is bigger, with a bigger wingspan, and a slightly lower vertical.

>ever adapted
By adapt I mean learn what you can do in the post in the 90s to counter getting hacked to shit.

>Nah.
He has everything but some kind of hook shot. And who's to say he couldn't do to that in order to survive against more dominant bigs?

We actually have hit a lot of significant breakthroughs in sports medicine. Both stuff like dieting and better between game care and just more refined doping.

This. Lebron is just physically bigger and better, the same would have been true in the 90s. Dudes got 30 pound on Rodman and is way quicker.

He would rip Olajuwon, Robinson and Lambeer like fucking sheets of paper. Shaq is the only player from that era I could see dominating Lebron in the paint. Everyone was skinny like twigs in the late 80s

>obscenely impressive court vision wouldn't apply in the 80s/90s
People act like all LBJ has to offer is his athleticism. There have been plenty of players who have comparable athleticism, and a couple guys like Wilt could argue that they're more athletic. The reason LBJ is top 12 all time is because he combines athleticism with passing, IQ and scoring.

Not necessarily, back in the day Rodman could legit guard centers and bigger power forwards, plus I don't know if you've noticed but Lebron doesn't exactly do great against interior defence with good bigs. I think he'd still put up good numbers though

>implying

youtube.com/watch?v=YM_eCnTNt1Q

Rodman was 6-7 220 guarding lanklets who were 7" 260. He would get dominated by Lebron who is 6-8 250 and way faster than any big man Rodman ever went up against

I didn't know Shaq in 98 was a lanklet. I'm not saying lebron wouldn't do good against rodman but to say he would dominate him is ridiculous.

Who's the better rebounder, Wilt or Rodman? There's definitely something to be said for the pace at which Wilt played giving him more opportunity to get all those boards, but he still had to go GET them. No small feat.

Rodman. In the era Wilt played in he probably didn't even have to jump.

>Steve Kerr played well
His career high PPG is 8 and that's below average especially for a "fast break era".

He has moves, he just doesn't score on them consistently unless he has a mismatch,

>He would rip Olajuwon, Robinson and Lambeer like fucking sheets of paper. Shaq is the only player from that era I could see dominating Lebron in the paint. Everyone was skinny like twigs in the late 80s
But Shaq is the worst defender of that group. I hope you're not implying Lebron could guard Robison or Olajuwon 1-on-1.

Got swept 4 - 0.

Completed your sentence. Thank me later famski.

> He would rip Olajuwon, Robinson and Lambeer like fucking sheets of paper

confirmed underage faggot

lambeer was dirty as fuck
olajuwon and robinson were GOAT defenders, especially hakeem. prime mutombo would've given lebron fits as well

THISTHISTHIS.

>there are """""people"""" that think LeGod wouldn't steamroll every motherfucker in the world if given the chance to

80's-90's NBA would have to draft sumo wrestlers just to find people that wouldn't get pushed over by him

>He would rip Olajuwon, Robinson and Lambeer like fucking sheets of paper.
Lol....no

>le defense was tougher back then meme

fewer points are being scored per game today
defenses are smarter now
just because you could get away with punching a nigger in the face in the 80's doesn't mean shit

>video games and the fantasies are ruining muh sports!!
go to bed grandpa

What did he say about him?

Well he did meet him, have you?

tfw got banned for posting garbage outside of Sup Forums twice because the mods didn't understand my abbreviations

fbm...

You realize Lebron plays the way he plays because of the rules of this era right? If the refs actually allowed more rough play, Lebron would truck through most players more than what he does now. I don't think you realize just how fucking huge and fast Lebron is. When a 6'8 250+ lb guy made of muscle is running at full speed against you, no one is fucking putting him on his ass all game.

Lebron would be trucking people too, in that era. I don't see your point.