/fantasy/

Include league size/scoring, etc, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/14765088/matthew-berry-2016-fantasy-football-rankings-nfl
fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mockdrafts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this a good team or a bad team
10 man ppr

howd i do? 10 team standard

lads I have 5th overall in a 10 team standard in an hour

How do I not fuck this up???

I don't know SHIT about fooball or fantasy. My draft is Tuesday. How can I best learn and create a lineup in two days?

How do my /fantasy/ bros handle the shitter drafting meta game? When you're in a draft with 11 shitters that are drafting every QB two rounds before they're supposed to go, do you just accept it and commit to someone 2 rounds earlier to ensure you get a solid QB? Or do you just stock up on RB/WR depth and pick a combo of Stafford/Carr/Cousins/Ryan later on?

Looks p good. I think Freeman is going to underperform and drafting a rookie that early is always risky, but the rest looks solid

Grab a cousins, he has too many weapons to not succeed

6/10

i dont like your number 2's. but i do like your bench. im trying to figure out your draft and it looks like round 3 and 4 were mistakes.

12/Stan

Cam Newton went 3rd overall.

mock drafts all day erry day

Bros rate bully ok
(1/2) .5 ppr 12 team

I went
Johnson
Nelson
Hyde
Maclin
Hill
Walker
Yeldon

(2/2)

My first time fantasy drafting. 4th pick 10 man standard snake draft. First 4 picks went Gurley, AP, Aaron Rodgers and then I got Brown
Once it hit the time to pick bench I felt I fucked up.
How did I do as a first timer?

1. Read """"""experts"""""" rankings on where to take players. It's not the gospel but it's a nice guideline if you're new. Matthew Berry of E!SPN is the most popular. Here is his top 300.

espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/14765088/matthew-berry-2016-fantasy-football-rankings-nfl

2. Do mock drafts for a while until you kind of get a groove about it. Like who usually goes where, and how you can react and draft accordingly. Here's a website with an easy interface and no subscription bullshit.

fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mockdrafts

3. do not draft a defense before round 14
4. do not draft a defense before round 14
5. only shitters do this
6. listen to me
7. also do not draft a kicker before round 15
8. these are not disputable. they are proven by statistics and facts
9. do not draft a fucking defense before round 14
10. the 00 ravens and the 13 seahawks, even in hindsight, did not justify picks before round 14. do not draft a defense before round 14 or i will fucking rage at you

That's about it.

8 dudes

Check the wire and beef up the bench,
Not bad a t all for a. First draft

How was this for 12 man ppr? Had 6th pick.

14 team standard
4th pick

I'm not too happy about it

>usually do 12-14 team snake drafts, anything below 12 teams is bullshit
>decide i want to do an auction league, get into a 10 team one
>everyone says to not spend a ton at the start, conserve money and get a well balanced roster, seems smart

>i take it way too far
>miss most of the big names because i'm too busy conserving money to round out my roster
>forget how few teams there are
>roster is made of mostly mid to low-mid level guys, probably like a 14 team league level
>had $30 left at the end of the draft

jesus fucking christ. i know that 99% of leagues here are snake, but if any of you do auction, make sure to plan out a very specific plan before you go into it

Pretty good
Just tweak the bench a little

12 team standard. #1 pick. thoughts?

Green Bay @ Jacksonville
Titans vs Vikings
Eagles vs Browns

Me on the right. 12 man ppr.

meh, i can see it if you're really high on a defense or kicker for whatever reason. not like that 5th backup RB/WR you're getting in the 12th is gonna do anything for you

10 man, PPR, Keeper

I only kept Hopkins

What team is yours, man?

>dat flag
Top %.

Repostan.

There's always the one guy with a 16 team tier team in an 8
(it's you)

Not bad.

faggot league. How does David Johnson fall that far. Greg Olsen in 3rd round? Holy shit.

you will frequently see that IRL drafts like that one have a number of ridiculous teams

10 man standard scoring. i was sixth pick. what do y'all think? any tips on who i should start? many thanks in advance fellas

>I draft in my work league on Wednesday
>My department is mostly women

How much of a shitshow is this going to be?

Am I just going to walk into all of my picks?

You do realize you will lose to them right?

You can search the wire, read articles but in the end they will beat you with " I just really like the number 12" logic

Drafted in a league like that and one girl took Braxton Miller in the 10th because she thinks he's hot.

i thought you took Hill in the 4th, which would be a mistake. Hill in the 5th is fine. But Maclin in the 4th is terrible

pretty good for a noob. i would say ditch one of those defenses, you really dont need to hold on to both. same goes double for the kicker. go pick up terrence west or rishard matthews or something, even dorial greenbeckham is better than an extra defense.

edelman in the 6th is pretty great value

well-balanced team

I don't really like Stewart but you have pretty good RB depth so it's no big deal. Solid RBs too. Should have a decent shot at making the playoffs.
----------------

10-team standard, picked 3rd
thoughts?

We had a rule that didn't allow a reference chart, be it electrical or hand written, so I think people forgot about DJ. Alcohol was involved for most.

Also do you think Olsen is too high or low? Because late 3rd is appropriate.

>team name is a play on a player's name
>don't have said player on your team

Is there anything worse in fantasy?

do any of you play in auction leagues? any of you at all?

or are those too hard for you guys?

your WRs are stacked. good job.

I would agree if it wasn't ppr. Smith feeds him with short passes constantly. Plus people in my draft were very wr heavy in the earlier rounds.

I hope Julio can carry me

For the last 4 years I tell myself I'll join one to see what it's like
But nobody here ever makes one so I still haven't

12 man .5ppr 12th pick
QB: E. Manning
WR: AJ Green, E Decker
RB: L Murray, S Ware
TE: Gronk
W/R: T Lockett
Def: LA
K: M Crosby
BN: J Gordon, J Starks, M Stafford, R Matthews, M Sanu, E Ebron, C Ivory

Does Langford have any competition in Chicago this year? I think he's going really low compared to his upside.

Good team, man.

Julio catches so many passes in the middle of the field that he gets dinged up. He will do well early on but will let you down if you make the playoffs.

hows this lookin for a 12 man ppr

What is your opinion of Terrelle Pyror? I drafted him in the 15th.

Is he a viable backup WR considering how he's balled out in training camp/preseason or is he just going to do fuck-all once Gordon returns?

>not like that 5th backup RB/WR

Depth is fucking crucial. That fifth RB will absolutely be more important than taking a marginal better kicker.

Pryor runs the 9 and that's about it. Depends on who's on the wire, but he had what, 5 targets in the preseason? I only remember one bomb.

Rate pls
12 man PPR picked 9th

QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Lamar Miller
RB: Mark Ingram
WR: Eric Decker
WR: Donte Moncrief
TE: Travis Kelce
FLEX: Kelvin Benjamin
FLEX: Corey Coleman
D/ST: Kansas City
K: Mason Crosby
============
BN: TE Jason Witten
BN: RB Charles Sims
BN: WR Markus Wheaton
BN: RB Isaiah Crowell
BN: WR Willie Snead

I was considering Victor Cruz since I've watched a lot of the Giants' preseason, but I already have Sterling Shephard and Will Tye on my bench.

What I'm banking on is the Browns being garbage time heroes like the Jaguars were last season.

>my qb is playing my defense
what do i do

hope for pick sixes, that's a net gain

>sticking with one defense
>not rotating week by week based on matchups

Sounds like a deeper league, so for your last pick, why not? But someone one-dimensional like that is never going to be viable enough for a week-to-week start. Is there anyone worth note on your WW?

Stream one

rate me bois

I was high on opiates when I did this draft how did I do

I generally stream but I like the Chiefs for the first three weeks

pic unrelated

10 Man, 0.5 PPR, Only allowed 4RBs and 4WRs, I picked 7th.

>dude take the packers lmao

10 standard

>high on opiates

yeah it felt right probably a huge mistake

You could've taken a top-tier RB on the turn, but you chose Gronk, which was the wrong choice. I'd feel much better about your roster had you not done that, but it's still lacking in depth. Not the worst I've seen, but I wouldn't be all that happy with it

Not making the playoffs with Latavius and Spencer as your RBs.

This

Who do I start in week 1?

Spencer Ware or Duke Johnson? PPR.

Ingram is my #1 running back

Mac please give me advice

Manning @ dallas or bortles at home
Who would /fantasy/ start? I'm leaning more towards eli

Ware is KC's week one starter, so start him.

eli

yeah I agree with u guys but the best rbs on the table were Freeman, Ingram and Lacy who I just didn't feel comfortable with taking that early. Who should I try and trade for is possible?

Manning is going to have a huge season and carve up the Cowboys defense.

GB's secondary is pretty decent and will take advantage of Bortles.

You didn't take Ingram or Lacy and chose Latavius Murray and Spencer Ware?

You might be able to trade AJ Green for someone decent but the damage is done.

rate me.

You don't have the positional depth to trade right now. Keep an ear on the WW and hold for now. Unless someone way overvalues Josh Gordon

you chose Murray over Lacy, Freeman, and Ingram?

wtf?

I like Murray too but not that much

Your rounds 2 and 3 could've gone better in all honesty, but a solid pickup in Moncrief. It's a decently solid roster but you probably lack the impact at WR right now to be a top team in your league.

Rate my team, unsure on it, 10 man standard 7th pick
Qb: Big Ben
RB: David Johnson
RB: J Stewart
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Eric Decker
TE: Barnidge
Flex: Amari Cooper
Def: Bowman
Def: Chandler Jones
K: Tucker
Bench
- Ivory
- Carr
- Watt
- Corey Coleman
- Moncrief
- Charles Clay
- Rashad Jennings

I took green in the first and gronk at the turn. I got Latavius in the fourth and I picked up ware off of FA. I'd prefer to keep green. Who should I target if I trade Gronk?

Sorry what I meant was that I chose gronk over those guys

I grabbed Ingram in round 2 and Decker in round 3. I had the option to get CJ Anderson in round 3 but I desperately needed a wide receiver.

I think what I'm going to do is try to flip Miller and one of my flex WRs for a decent wideout and a running back. There are a few guys who have really bad RB situations.

manning retired already

Gronk is always overvalued, you should always go either stud WR or stud RB in round 1.

A RB, and preferably from a novice player who sees rainbows and unicorns when he sees Gronk's name.

funny joke man ha ha! :D

Should I try and trade Gronk and Ivory for Lacy and Hyde for depth?

Finished tonight, 10 man PPR money league. Went from 12 to 10 man last minute after 6 years because a long time player dropped out.

I know who you grabbed, but in every real 12-team draft and mock that I have done (quite a few) there are always guys in the 2/3 that I like more. But that doesn't matter now. Do not trade Miller. You are not going to get the value he deserves, especially in a PPR. He could be the number 1 overall back in that format, and the average player does not think that. I almost guarantee that. Impact players do matter in fantasy, and giving one up for two meh players is obviously the wrong move.

you think it's funny but i'll be laughing at you when you get a 0

R8 my team, 10 man league I picked 4th
QB: Drew Brees
RB1: Devonta Freeman
RB2: Carlos Hyde
WR1: O'dell Beckham Jr.
WR2: Amari Cooper
FLEX: Jarvis Landry
TE: Tyler Eifert
DEF: Packers
K: Graham Gano
Bench: Derek Carr, DeAngelo Williams,Legarette Blount, Darren Sproles, Emmanuel Sanders, Stephon Diggs, Sammie Coates, Davantae Adams, Bershard Perriman, Antonio Gates

Pretty nice RB depth but i dont like your WR's.

12-team PPR, auction draft

I don't love them but Thomas and
Jeffery are both #1 targets, very possible Floyd is too. I went RB-RB-RB so I am actually really pleased what I ended up with. Got nice value on Jeffery and Thomas too in the 4th and 5th respectively.

Kinda regret taking Doug Martin in the middle 3rd. Took him over Allen and Ingram, but getting Sims late makes me feel a little better.

>I went RB-RB-RB
Thats being said, you are right. Thomas and Jeffrey are pretty good. Starting pick WR at 4th round, you did it well.

Idk but i would take Doug instead Ingram, dont like Ingram and people are putting him too high imo.

The waiver on ESPN is kind of incomprehensible right now. It's full of retired/cut/suspended players.

I'm going to stick with Pryor for now, but he might be expendable once I have to stream a defense/kicker.